New Auction Sites Emerge as eBay Stumbles...

May 27, 2008 | Posted by: GemGuy | Full story: jewelryblogger.com

New Auction Sites Emerge as eBay Stumbles... As eBay sellers continue to feel the heat as the auction giant implements changes across its site, competitor auction sites are emerging, seeking to benefit from the ...

Comments
41 - 48 of 48 Comments Last updated Sep 27, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bye_Bye_eBay

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Everytime I have figured out how to make a small profit retailing on eBay, eBay very quickly finds a new way to take it.

If my net profit starts at $20, after pricing items to remain competitive,+ ebay fees,+ Paypal fees, and S&H, I am lucky to gross $5.

You have to sell mass items at a very small profit to make any money at all. And yet they keep raising fees and changing policies so fast no one has time to actually sell while trying to become re-compliant to endless new policies.
author22

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

I know what you mean. I am a big St. Jude supporter and there is a brand new site only a month or so old that only charges .50 cents to post, no end fees and free site stores, and they donate a portion of all posts etc. to St. Jude. They are just now growing, but I admire what they do. It's a brother and siter team. I read an article about them on the internet. Try them out. It takes a lot of guts to take on ebay, but to have a big enough heart to want to give at the same time...I LIKE IT.
Enjoying other sites wrote:
Ebay will never recover from the stumble. Their stock continues to decline as seller's jump ship. They are going to ioffer, onlineauction, eweay, and other sites.
Good bye Feebay, Hello a whole new world!
author22

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

I know what you mean. I am a big St. Jude supporter and there is a brand new site only a month or so old that only charges .50 cents to post, no end fees and free site stores, and they donate a portion of all posts etc. to St. Jude. They are just now growing, but I admire what they do. It's a brother and siter team. I read an article about them on the internet. Try them out. It takes a lot of guts to take on ebay, but to have a big enough heart to want to give at the same time...I LIKE IT.
Bye_Bye_eBay wrote:
Everytime I have figured out how to make a small profit retailing on eBay, eBay very quickly finds a new way to take it.
If my net profit starts at $20, after pricing items to remain competitive,+ ebay fees,+ Paypal fees, and S&H, I am lucky to gross $5.
You have to sell mass items at a very small profit to make any money at all. And yet they keep raising fees and changing policies so fast no one has time to actually sell while trying to become re-compliant to endless new policies.
Charl

Johannesburg, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Enjoying other sites wrote:
Ebay will never recover from the stumble. Their stock continues to decline as seller's jump ship. They are going to ioffer, onlineauction, eweay, and other sites.
Good bye Feebay, Hello a whole new world!
A new experimental Auction Website in SA - http://dailypricedrop.blogspot.com/
Charl

Johannesburg, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

A new experimental Auction Website - http://dailypricedrop.blogspot.com/
New Auction Site

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Hi Guys
Just found a new auction site

www.auctionxtremes.com

Give it a try, low fees if at all any, has shop front yearly fees and end of auction fees at around 1.7% to 2.9%
Everything else is free

Regards
Darklordau
Jamal

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Please check out my site www.bashment-prices.co.uk
Matt

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

http://jcbid.com is a good alternative.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••