New Auction Sites Emerge as eBay Stumbles...

May 27, 2008 Full story: jewelryblogger.com 48

New Auction Sites Emerge as eBay Stumbles... As eBay sellers continue to feel the heat as the auction giant implements changes across its site, competitor auction sites are emerging, seeking to benefit from the ...

Full Story

“About Me......”

Since: Oct 09

Cincinnati

#24 Oct 26, 2009
CDur wrote:
Any BUYERS have new sites to recommend? Ebay was best when it was simple person-to-person transactions and not a million folks running a cheap business.
New start up auction site looking for buyers & sellers. Come on over and check us out. It's called 'Grannys Ice Auction' & located at: grannysauction.us .
Oh & did I mention it's free?
Hope to see you there :)
katzrmine

“About Me......”

Cincinnati

#25 Nov 4, 2009
katzrmine wrote:
My family & friends USE to try & sell on ebay. Ebay usually made more money than we did! Oh well...
I started a little auction site for my family and friends & U-R more than Welcome to add items there also. Like I said, it's new so don't expect a hugh membership just yet. We are not trying to be a 'Ebay Alternative' just affordable.
Please come on over and help us out by adding some of your things. It's called 'Grannys Ice Auction' & located at: grannysauction.biz .
Oh & did I mention that the basics are all fee free?
Hope to see ya there!
JKMc/katzrmine
Upgraded site on line now :)

“About Me......”

Cincinnati

#26 Nov 4, 2009
katzrmine wrote:
<quoted text>
New start up auction site looking for buyers & sellers. Come on over and check us out. It's called 'Grannys Ice Auction' & located at: grannysauction.biz
Oh & did I mention the basics are free?
katzrmine
Upgraded site now on line :)

“About Me......”

Cincinnati

#27 Nov 4, 2009
katzrmine wrote:
My family & friends USE to try & sell on ebay. Ebay usually made more money than we did! Oh well...
I started a little auction site for my family and friends & U-R more than Welcome to add items there also. Like I said, it's new so don't expect a hugh membership yet.We're not trying to be an Ebay Alternatine, just affordable.
Please come on over and help us out by adding some of your things. It's called 'Grannys Ice Auction' & located at: grannysauction.biz
Oh & did I mention the basics are free?
Hope to see ya there!
katzrmine
Upgraded site now on line :)

“About Me......”

Cincinnati

#28 Nov 4, 2009
katzrmine wrote:
<quoted text>
New start up auction site looking for buyers & sellers. Come on over and check us out. It's called 'Grannys Ice Auction' & located at: grannysauction.us .
katzrmine
Upgraded site at grannysauction.biz

“About Me......”

Cincinnati

#29 Nov 4, 2009
katzrmine wrote:
<quoted text>
katzrmine
Upgraded site at: grannysauction.biz

“About Me......”

Cincinnati

#30 Dec 6, 2009
Happiest of Holidays to All from Grannys Ice Auction!

grannysauction.biz
kyezee

Luton, UK

#31 Dec 13, 2009
I thing Sohaila is right, eBay are the biggest out there and the fraffic they have is top of the listy, but they can't keep making changes and charging the way they do.
I haven't jumped ship completly, but i have moved lots of my stuff over to other site. One i found is a new site lots of talk about it because it is free. I have found the only think ebay has over them at the min is trafic as they offer loads of freebies and dont ask for one penny from the seller not even FVF. It has been live for around 4 weeks and seems to be doing OK, I have made one sale (not a millionare yet) but pleased at such an early stage. www.cheekyoffer.com well worth a look Oh and it has an auto relist which is great at such an early stage. Means i dont have to keep going back and forth to see whats happening to my store.(and even that free)
Samantha

Toronto, Canada

#32 Jan 14, 2010
I found a new site called http://junkster.info seems pretty good to me lots good links makes it easy to find stuff.
Jory

Markham, IL

#33 Feb 24, 2010
Today a new auction launched, anyone know anything? It's http://OnlineAuctioning.com
thunderstruck74

El Dorado Hills, CA

#34 Mar 5, 2010
I have been blogging for almost a year now and I have done some research on ebay alternative sites for sellers. I continue to update my website/blog post on Alternative Auctions & Marketplaces. Almost 250 sites listed with direct links to most of them. If you’re really interested in researching what will work best for you, please check out my post at the following link:
http://coolrain44.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/ti...
Thanks and hope many of you will find this helpful :P
Randy

Siloam Springs, AR

#35 Mar 23, 2010
Well personally I prefer pay per bid auction sites because you can acutally get stuff so much cheaper than retail. Take Jeeler.com for example. Prices start at 10% retail and go down everytime someone bids on 'em. This is ridiculously cool, and I can't wait until they open on May 1st. I registered though and got some free bids. ;)
smoker

Vincennes, IN

#36 Mar 30, 2010
GJR wrote:
Despite the changes that eBay has implemented over the last few months I still stood by them and continued selling. Last Thursday my account was suspended after 10 years without a problem for a bogus charge that they have yet to explain to me.
I welcome any and all new auction sites. After 10 years of honest selling to have this happen without an explanation leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.
It is now 2010, and ebay hasn't changed since this post, only gotten worse. I feel for you! I sold a 14kt gold herringbone necklace to a lady if Florida. eBay now requires you to take refunds even if you refuse to, the buyer will escalate the problem, eBay mostly always finds in their favor, then they tell the buyer to send the item back, I had told ebay it was a real necklace, they didn't believe me and found for the buyer. They have now reimbursed her and are trying to get the money from me!! I didn't lie in my listing, never did and sold off and on for 8ys. so I also am looking for an alternative auction site. eBay can go to h**l as far as I'm concerned, I'll never sell on there again!
Buck

Dallas, TX

#37 Apr 1, 2010
Glad to see that industry keep growing :)
Herve Collette

South Africa

#39 Jun 27, 2010
Just to let you know that Paypal gave me so much of trouble afetr 8 years of being a faithful client, that I know use Monster Pay to process all my payments. I don't use eBay any-more because heir fees are madness to start with and all sellers have the obligation to use Paypal, so I now use www.snatchitall.com auction site which is free, offer stores, wanted items, etc... So far I am very pleased. Deserve more traffic though, but still very pleased
F Simmons

United States

#40 Apr 5, 2011
Frustrated with Ebay? There are real reasons for this, as eBay no longer wants the online auction to be the core of the business. Read the Feb 10, 2011 article in Fox Business --the CEO Donahoe stated just that. The company is changing its business focus to be a commerce site similar to Amazon. The Frustrated with Ebay? There are real reasons for this, as eBay no longer wants the online auction to be the core of the business. Read the Feb 10, 2011 article in Fox Business --the CEO Donahoe stated just that. The company is changing its business focus to be a commerce site similar to Amazon. The implimentation of this change, has generated a lot of discontent, in the eBay seller community. If you are not a 'Top-reatd" seller, just get out, you are not getting the best exposure of your items, and are making less because of this.
I have migrated to Ealtbay, a site that allows items that are perfectly legal, but are banned on ebay, lets you list them for free, and you can get paid for them in any legal means --not just PayPal. Ealtbay is a good eBay alternative, try it out.
of this change, has generated a lot of discontent, in the eBay seller community. If you are not a 'Top-rated" seller, just get out, you are not getting the best exposure of your items, and are making less because of this.
I have migrated to Ealtbay, a site that allows items that are perfectly legal, but are banned on eBay, lets you list them for free, and you can get paid for them in any legal means --not just PayPal. Ealtbay is a good eBay alternative, try it out.
wha i say

Donalsonville, GA

#41 Apr 18, 2011
GJR wrote:
Despite the changes that eBay has implemented over the last few months I still stood by them and continued selling. Last Thursday my account was suspended after 10 years without a problem for a bogus charge that they have yet to explain to me.
I welcome any and all new auction sites. After 10 years of honest selling to have this happen without an explanation leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.
we have the same story as you == so what to do?
wha i say

Donalsonville, GA

#42 Apr 18, 2011
Class action wrote:
Is therer a class action yet? I want in if there is. dunmar2000@yahoo.com
if class action please post on topix thank you
Lorna

Tipton, UK

#43 May 2, 2011
ebay is fine but the fees are just too expensive, which kinda spoils things for the small seller, ebay makes more money than the seller does in some instances. There's a new international auction at www.ebidz.eu

At eBidz Auctions it is free to list, although you can pay a very small amount for optional enhanced listings, and in which case there are then no relisting fees if your item didn't sell. The end of auction fee, only if your item sells, is just 2%. These small fees help to keep eBidz auction site up and running, and the more members join then the more popular the site will become. You can also open a free two hundred items store. So come on over and gives us a try, and bid low to get your next great bargain.
Albi

UK

#44 May 2, 2011
I have found a new auction site that is completely free, they have paypal and google checkouts and lots of features. Very helpful staff.

GO TO www.bidzup.com AND SEE FOR YOURSELVES

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emerging Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a Google, Microsoft battle Marriott's plan to b... Fri merchsolutionsusa 1
US court reconsiders order to have YouTube remo... Dec 23 barefoot2626 46
Hotel group asks FCC for permission to block so... Dec 22 reneir880 1
Customers sue Comcast for turning routers into ... Dec 22 Large-Scale Outages 1
Shaw, Cogeco Taking Care of Business Dec 21 them 1st then u 1
Optimize your website for locals (Sep '10) Dec 21 Norman 5
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) Dec 20 Tell Me AnotherOne 58
More from around the web