Yahoo! Bans Telecommuting

Yahoo! Bans Telecommuting

There are 1 comment on the HR Magazine story from Feb 26, 2013, titled Yahoo! Bans Telecommuting. In it, HR Magazine reports that:

Reaction to the news that Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer wants to prohibit employees from telecommuting was swift and unforgiving across social media and news sites.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HR Magazine.

San Antonio, TX

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Okay~ I gotta comment on this whole deal. This woman is a complete dunce. She has no "emotional intelligence". IQ (and we all know what that is-but EQ - gets you the promotion. Understanding what workers - need and feel.) She is completely clueless. Her statement about "about more productive-efficient and FUN". Is she kidding? What is FUN here...showing up to work- after sitting in traffic?- to make Ms. Clueless feel like she's "in touch?" I hear the whip cracking. Bottom line is this- she's paranoid that her company -which she has just "rescued" to save- is collapsing and she believes- people are not working hard enough. She'll just "micro manage them and fix it." Workers are not only motivated by money-but by-QUALITY OF LIFE. She doesn't feel that -she doesn't get that. Guess what Jackie...MAKING people commute -physically- to work is not FUN. Motivate your people and tell them WHAT AND WHY you need them to be productive-while working at home -and they will get it- and be productive. Hello you can NOT hold a GUN to someone's head and say, "You will HAVE FUN". What a fool.
Hey Jackie -a BSE from Wharton Biz School....uh big deal. I suggest you take a few psyche courses about people- and learn about your workers. They are NOT spreadsheets.-you're rather clueless. Me- thinks you'll be gone soon.

You are clearly not "GETTING IT" You are out of touch toots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emerging Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deming Truck Terminal re-opened (Jun '10) Nov 10 Shaminder singh 28
News Google to give away software to Microsoft Offic... Nov 10 marko 2
News Google honours Hedy Lamarr, inventor of technol... Nov 9 Linda 1
News Anti-Vaccination Websites Use 'Science' and Sto... Nov 4 ProVac Propaganda 1
News Perry Drops 'Vulture Capitalism' from Speech (Jan '12) Nov 3 American confusion 21
News How to Get a Job as an SEO Expert (Nov '14) Oct 26 HippoAttacks 3
News Social and SEO Work Better Together (Mar '15) Oct 26 HippoAttacks 3
More from around the web