What does the PS3 have that the XBOX ...

What does the PS3 have that the XBOX 360 doesn't?

There are 106 comments on the Answerbag story from Aug 5, 2007, titled What does the PS3 have that the XBOX 360 doesn't?. In it, Answerbag reports that:

Well there controllers work on bluetooth and there are other settings within the system to configure other bluetooth devices. via Answerbag

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Answerbag.

lilicee

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jun 5, 2009
max wrote:
does the ps3 really have the new tech. can you really break or scratch your games and still play it on the ps3 like it was just bought.i have the ps3 40gb. does it cost money to play online games. If anyone really knows these answers please say
yea dude it does, i scratched my gta4 game and it still worked because its blue-ray. it has more strength. also for xbox 360 you got to pay like $200 just for a fucking hd-dvd player that connects to it. that really sux. also all your life for xbox360 even if you dont go on line they still charge money. also avaridge computers have 200gb, ps3 sells for $499 for ps3 160GB and a game. thats like 40gb away from the avaridge computer. dont belive me,, search it on the internet.
lilicee

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Jun 5, 2009
i scratched my gta4 game and it still worked because its blue-ray. it has more strength. also for xbox 360 you got to pay like $200 just for a fucking hd-dvd player that connects to it. that really sux. also all your life for xbox360 even if you dont go on line they still charge money. also avaridge computers have 200gb, ps3 sells for $499 for ps3 160GB and a game. thats like 40gb away from the avaridge computer. dont belive me,, search it on the internet. also you know whats realy annoying, my cousin had the xbox 360 right he scratched his halo 3 and he had to buy a new one, for ps3 that dosent happen.
tatertot

Maryville, MO

#23 Sep 10, 2009
totally agree with Gerry up there! ps3 is the best bang for your buck.. All my friends have xbox 360s and now they all want ps3's...cant wait to finally get mine, i will be BALLIN haha PS3 ALL THE WAY
owner off all

Baldwin Park, CA

#25 Sep 22, 2009
ok I have all three major councils right now wii xbox and ps3 and by far the ps3 beats the 360 by graphics games movies hard drive wireless free internet and all that and I paid the same yes the xbox can get rechargable batteries for controller but ps3 comes with it built in, then games cost maybe 5 bucks more for the ps3 but are worth the 5 bucks, then the xbox breaks had to fix mine twice now and had to throw one away already.
a person

United States

#27 Nov 5, 2009
why do you have to rag on the people who buy xbox 360,u dont see the xbox360 fans that post on here telling off and cussing out the ps3 lovers. personaly i bought 360 cuz thats pretty much wat all my friends have and i wanted to be able to game with all my friends here where i live
a person

United States

#28 Nov 5, 2009
why do we have to make it such a contest between the two! come on just have some fun
gtae

Wilmington, DE

#29 Nov 16, 2009
ps3 the best
Wheat Systems Integration

Mechanicsville, VA

#30 Nov 20, 2009
Do you remember the buzz that stirred when 3D entertainment hit the movie theaters? Well technology has come a long way since then, and 3D technologies are making their way to your home theater. The traditional anaglyph red and blue glasses from the past are being replaced with newer technologies, and companies like Sony, Panasonic, and Samsung are bringing 3D to the comfort of your home.

Anaglyph images were, until recently, the most popular method of presenting 3D, largely because of the ease of their production, and also due to the fact that this was the first 3D technology widely adopted by the Hollywood film industry. Sony has displayed a prototype that uses standard Real D polarized glasses for viewing. The Real D Method uses a single projector that alternately projects left-eye and right-eye images and then uses a method to circularly polarize the viewing using clockwise polarization for the right-eye and counter-clockwise polarization for the left-eye. The polarized lens eyeglasses separate the images for the viewer. Both Panasonic and Samsung have decided on a different approach, using the LCD shutter glass method. This method uses alternating left-eye, right-eye images, but the LCD shutter glasses lens alternately go from opaque to transparent many times per second in synchronization with the image being displayed. The most interesting part about the use of shutter technology is that is should theoretically work on any television with a 120 Hz refresh rate with the use of an external 3D controller.
While Sony and Samsung have no immediate plans for the production of a real product, Panasonic is in the process of developing a product that will reach the market.

http://ow.ly/E0PA
game lover

Redding, CT

#31 Dec 13, 2009
i havent got a ps3 but i relly want one!the only thing is that idk if i should get it?
jolly santa

Carrollton, TX

#32 Dec 20, 2009
yes the PS3 has free "Live" i dont know what they call it for the ps3... For the 360 its "live" but for the ps3 i dont know.. maybe just online but thats not the case the case is that ps3 does have free online play. All you need is internet connection. You can do it wireless or with a wire. When i get my ps3 im doing my wireless
Levi Smith

Whitestone, NY

#33 Dec 23, 2009
game lover im telling you dude i got my ps3 just a month ago i had really wanted the xbox 360 when i first played it then i played the ps3 MY EYES WERE WIDENED it does way more,better graphics and if u get it than add me.
Levi Smith

Whitestone, NY

#34 Dec 23, 2009
o and the new Modern warfare 2 is the best game ever you must BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!
vampire prince

South Africa

#35 Dec 29, 2009
ps3 is more better than the xbox because every thing about the ps3 is more better than the xbox,ps3 got free internet,xbox dont have free internet.Xbox SUCKS
BIG TIME
Dogolog22

Petaluma, CA

#36 Jan 1, 2010
frrg wrote:
the ps3 dominates the xbox because ps3 has the following things that the xbox cant
the ps3 you can download videos music and pictures
free online
it ends up being cheaper than xbox and in the end it starts to look better
xbox online is only 50 bucks a year, and when it comes to online multiplayer its overall better,
you can also download videos,music,and pics on the xbox with a larger selection.
And the PS3 is NOT cheaper!
360rules

Toronto, Canada

#37 Feb 12, 2010
xbox 360 pones ps3 1 the graphics are better 2 better gaming 3 cod is more sutable for 360 then ps3
dont need to know

Porterville, CA

#38 Feb 23, 2010
ok guys i have a xbox 360 and so do all my friends but i dont want to pay for my live so i might sell my xbox 360 for a ps3 but im not sure yet some one help me out
dont need to know

Porterville, CA

#39 Feb 23, 2010
o by the way for all of u that play xbox live for the 360 my name is offline95 feel free to add me if u want
thx
xbox 360 is skilled

Toronto, Canada

#40 Feb 27, 2010
dude are you kiding don't sell your xbox ps3 isno ware comared to xbox i have smackdown vs raw on 360 and its asome
mike

Edmond, OK

#41 Mar 11, 2010
xbox 360 is better in every way especially the online play o own both and trust me the 50 dollars a year is worth it

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#42 Mar 11, 2010
You can play online free and plus it has a Blu-Ray player.

Much better games also

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emerging Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Look Who Got Busted: How To Remove Your Mug Sho... (May '11) Jun 7 trio 152
News 8 Diy Seo Tips to Optimize Your Mobile Marketing Jun 7 jojay 1
News The AI fight is escalating: This is the IT gian... May 28 Julzee111 1
News The FCC Gets Set to Free Wireless May '17 ACopple 1
News Federal appeals court upholds Google trademark May '17 CodeTalker 1
News Where to buy dichloroacetate... (Jul '07) May '17 Judydowellb 51
News This nugget-loving kid just beat Ellen DeGenere... May '17 Fundiementally ill 1
More from around the web