How to Troubleshoot a PC Power Supply?

How to Troubleshoot a PC Power Supply?

Posted in the Electronics Forum

Since: Feb 12

India

#1 Oct 4, 2012
Hi Friends,

A computer power supply is responsible for drawing electricity from an outlet and converting it into energy that a computer can use safely. If a computer's power supply is malfunctioning, it is likely to cause crashes and eventually, the computer may not be able to start up at all. I just hear from my friend that there are several methods to determine whether a power supply is defective, though the best way to avoid problems caused by a poor power supply is to install one that has plenty of power to run all of the computer's devices. But, he did not tell me about the procedure of troubleshoot a PC power supply. I need some valuable view for my problem. Hope any suggestions and view about it, then kindly help me.

Thanks a lot!
Rodger Hooks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Electronics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Regulators hear arguments on grandfathering sol... 4 hr Solarman 1
Are Filipinos people nasty and vindictive? (Jul '12) 20 hr Gina Wu 41
News OSI Systems's Sell Rating Reaffirmed at Benchma... (Dec '13) Jan 28 Human 35
News Cars vs. bicycles: The struggle to break a fata... Jan 25 David 1
News Regulators to consider pausing new rooftop sola... Jan 19 Solarman 21
News Home solar owners feel 'cheated' by utilities c... Jan 19 Solarman 18
News Panel denies requests to pause rooftop solar-ra... Jan 14 Sneaky Pete 3
More from around the web