critical mass audio ula2500 v2.0 & ul...
Notfooled

Oklahoma City, OK

#44 Jul 2, 2012
Lots of uneducated people itt

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
renegadesoundwav e

Birmingham, UK

#45 Jul 2, 2012
All above posts written by the same few people working for Critical mass

buyers need to go to some high end forums and find out the truth.

Its a scam company
cheap goods with strong marketing

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Billunserjr

Brooklyn, NY

#46 Jul 2, 2012
we sell both in our shop. the critical mass amplifiers put out 10 times the power and they sound clean. the american bass is a cheap amp for low budget systems.
the critical mass amps are much nicer, and they are made in the USA not china!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
rc10mike

Jacksonville, FL

#47 Jul 2, 2012
Listen Bros, My critical mass puts out a over eleventy billion watts BRO!
CMSUKZZZ

Oklahoma City, OK

#48 Jul 5, 2012
Are there any of you that aren't from the NY area? I know there are alot of sheisters that live in NY...lets hear it from some others that have used other amplifiers. BTW, the guy that had the Audison amp and the engine noise. Just changing amplifiers will not solve your problem.

too much "smoke > ^ ass"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sleuth

Suisun City, CA

#49 Jul 5, 2012
They are made in usa? Unlikely considering they use the same case, same board, and same components as the chinese amps do. they may be partially assembled in the usa at most, probably only tested here. I have looked inside the ul-2500 and believe me there is no treasure inside of that amp. Its full of chinese parts, I looked up many of the capacitors and transistors on google and they are shared by companies like soundstream china, hardly a highend company. Now if you were to crack open an audisson or brax amp you would see something special, but critical mass amps on the inside are common everyday chinese garbage marked up 2000%.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PAULY2342

Atlanta, GA

#50 Jul 5, 2012
you are a ''dush' SLEUTH... We run a shop here in the south and we do very well with the critical mass amplifiers, they sound great and they last! where have you been the last 20 years, all AMP companys get parts from ASIA... its about how they are put together and by who... they make real good amplifiers and other companys do as well! but the critical amps we sell in out stores are made in the USA. we sell brax, fosgate, mtx, some audison... one thing that i can say is that the critical mass ul12 and the ula2500 v2.0 are killer when installed together!!! the sound is AWSOME!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Billunserjr

Brooklyn, NY

#51 Jul 6, 2012
PAULY2342 wrote:
you are a ''dush' SLEUTH... We run a shop here in the south and we do very well with the critical mass amplifiers, they sound great and they last! where have you been the last 20 years, all AMP companys get parts from ASIA... its about how they are put together and by who... they make real good amplifiers and other companys do as well! but the critical amps we sell in out stores are made in the USA. we sell brax, fosgate, mtx, some audison... one thing that i can say is that the critical mass ul12 and the ula2500 v2.0 are killer when installed together!!! the sound is AWSOME!
I agree, the UL12 and the ULA2500V2.0 are the best of the best!
and i DO have a shop in NYC... the MECCA OF SOUND SYSTEMS!!! open since 1987

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Canada Audiophile

Montréal, Canada

#52 Jul 6, 2012
I first saw critical mass in 1993 in florida at a trade show, they had Shaq's MBenz on display, the cars look and sound was great. Over the years we have used many brands and critical mass audio has always done very well with our high-end customers. The amplifiers are very strong and outlast most cars lives. We use lots of the rs line of speakers because they fit every app. every time. One thing that i always loved is that their tech line is based in the USA, not india. They always help us out if we need some help with data or specs. I saw them at the Sema show a few years ago and the 5.1 system they had on display was something else!!! Great company nd great vision.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PA AUTOSOUND

Bangkok, Thailand

#53 Jul 7, 2012
I own a small shop here in Scranton PA and we also sell the critical mass amps and subs... i cant tell you that they are the best or not, but one thing i can say is that the amps and speakers last a very long time... once we install the systems they almost never come back with any issues! that is more than i can say about other audio brands out there... if you want a quality product, critical mass amplifiers and speakers are a good start.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Calilifer

Burbank, CA

#54 Jul 9, 2012
I use the critical mass speakers in my 2011 camry and they fit perfect in the front doors '' rs69 '' and the '' ss69 '' at the rear deck. i am just using one amplifier at this time, ula800 v2.0 for all 4 6x9's and the 2 dash speakers. later on i want to add a sub amp and a small sealed box for some extra bump.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DCgov

Chantilly, VA

#55 Jul 9, 2012
I use the critical mass ula2500 v2.0 amplifier an my 2 jl audio w7 12''. The system hits hard, and the amp never gets hot. I have the thin mount critical mass 6.5'' in the front doors and focal 5.25'' in the rear. They are connected to my critical mass ula800 v2.0 and the sound is out of this world! I drive every day from MD to DC and the traffic is out of control, but with some nice tunes,''its all good''
LanceVics

Phoenix, AZ

#56 Jul 11, 2012
the citical mass speakers sound great, i have the rs69 in the front doors and the rs69 n the rear deck as well. the sound quality is real nice. they sound good with the factory radio, but when i added a critical mass ula800 v2.0 amplifier and it sounds GREAT!!! it is a natural sound, very realistic sound, and powerful. the amp has a small foot print, it is simple to find a location to install. it has been a very good product for me.
carlos chavez

Phoenix, AZ

#57 Jul 14, 2012
the critical mass speakers and amplifiers i installed in my 57 chevy sound great and look real good. it does real good at the car shows.
marco lopez

Tempe, AZ

#58 Jul 29, 2012
the critical mass audio amps are real good. i had them installed in my 57 chevy and they put out lots of clean and stable power. i live in az so the weather gets hot very hot, but the amplifiers never get hot and always keep pumping... i like that they are small in size and thy look real good as well. i am using the ula800 v2.0 on my front stage speakers and a critical mass ula2500 on the sub. very good quality and great sound!
mike g

Burbank, CA

#59 Jul 29, 2012
the critical mass amplifiers are some of the best amps on the market today, they are built like a tank and sound out of this world... here in CA there are lots of amps that you can buy at many sound stereo shops, but once you test them out you can see and feel the difference! the critical mass amps are very well balanced, the output is always even! the amps never get hot and the sound is very clean. like with any good sound system you need good speakers to go with a good amp, i run the critical mass audio rs speakers for the fronts and i am using rainbow speakers for the rear fill. the ula800 v2.0 is a very nice amp and has a very good x-over... the ula2500 is a very powerful amp, this will push 2 jl 12'' with no problem...
Andy H

Phoenix, AZ

#60 Aug 4, 2012
the critical mass amplifiers are some of the best amplifiers you can own, they have lots of power and sound very clean. the ula800 v2.0 is a great amp to push some hi end components or coax speakers, and the ula2500 v2.0 is made to push just about anything you put in its way. the critical mass ul12 has been the best subwoofer made in the usa for the passed 5 years and no other speaker comes close. the critical mass line might be a bit overpriced, but the results are second to none... some of the best stuff out there!
Rich65

Suisun City, CA

#61 Nov 16, 2012
There is a huge thread on this subject on do it yourself mobile audio forum.( Diyma.com ) You can see for yourself whats inside of these amps. The thread is called "critical mass is a ripoff" do a google search and it will pop up. I will be doing a comparison very soon with the critical mass amps vs zapco amps, Critical mass amps are all hype, rebadged, chinese, entry level equipment. Just read the thread there for yourself, you can see whats insie of these amps, and also whats inside of the other amps that look just like it, even the case says minimum 1 ohm just like the american bass and sound magus cheap amps. Dont be fooled into buying this garbage like i was. Anyone who says critical mass makes good amps are lying and either work for cm or are trying to dump these amps on unsuspecting people. Buyer beware, if you buy these amps you will be dissapointed and sick to your stomach for wasting money. I would recommend instead amps from zapco, arc audio, zed audio, audison, sinfoni, tru technology, brax, genesis, mosconi. The amps i just listed actually qaulity built amps, that are proven winners in sound quality.
J Porteous

Phoenix, AZ

#62 Nov 16, 2012
Andy H wrote:
the critical mass amplifiers are some of the best amplifiers you can own, they have lots of power and sound very clean. the ula800 v2.0 is a great amp to push some hi end components or coax speakers, and the ula2500 v2.0 is made to push just about anything you put in its way. the critical mass ul12 has been the best subwoofer made in the usa for the passed 5 years and no other speaker comes close. the critical mass line might be a bit overpriced, but the results are second to none... some of the best stuff out there!
Yo Andy! Anyone who ever heard a UL12 and ULA2500 knows what you are talking about:)
I was lucky enough to have the combo until my car got broken into.
I love the CM amplifiers they are the cleanest sounding Amplifiers I have ever owned. By the way that show truck at the Auto show this year was awesome. It had the amps with UL12s and it was a show stopper. http://youtu.be/ee0IvEWqk2o
D BECK

London, UK

#63 Nov 16, 2012
J Porteous wrote:
<quoted text> Anyone who ever heard a UL12 and ULA2500 knows what you are talking about:)
I was lucky enough to have the combo until my car got broken into.
I love the CM amplifiers they are the cleanest sounding Amplifiers I have ever owned. By the way that show truck at the Auto show this year was awesome. It had the amps with UL12s and it was a show stopper. http://youtu.be/ee0IvEWqk2o
We got great results with CM Amplifiers as well. We were using JL Audio and Marantz and in both cases The Critical MASS Amplifiers performed better.(however 2 guys out of 5 say they cant hear the difference) But they both bought Critical MASS Amplifiers from the rep :) Waitin for my UL12 eek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Electronics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Broadcom to Moves Headquarters to U.S. Nov 3 C Kersey 1
News Southside Chiques injunction upheld (Jul '08) Oct '17 CO Boy13 66
Are Filipinos people nasty and vindictive? (Jul '12) Oct '17 Heyitsme 60
News Micron Technology: Leveraged Buyout Announcemen... (Jun '07) Sep '17 IdahoFirst 4,618
critical mass audio ula800 v2.0 & ula2500 v2.0 ... (Apr '13) Sep '17 JamesD 35
critical mass audio speakers and amplifiers sou... (Nov '14) Sep '17 JamesD 13
critical mass amplifiers are the real deal ! gr... (Jan '14) Sep '17 vinny 7
More from around the web