critical mass audio ula2500 v2.0 & ula800v2.o car audio amplifiers amp

Posted in the Electronics Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
John Giannico

New York, NY

#1 Mar 22, 2011
I just had a system installed with a full critical mass system and it sounds fantastic, pure hifi,''crystal clear''. When I picked up my 911 Turbo from the shop, I could not bealive that just these 2 amplifiers are pushing the entire sound system. It is so loud and clear, that i thought that it had 4 or 5 amps.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rudy Winestern

New York, NY

#2 Mar 22, 2011
The Critical Mass CAR AUDIO amplifiers are great. They have a very small foot print and they pack a punch. They are powerful amps and very efficient. I had old critical mass audio amps from the early 1990's in my 1989 IROC Z and they never let me down, till the day I sold the car that system was solid.
If anyone has any old critical mass amps for sale let me know!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hank Ivanov

New York, NY

#3 Mar 22, 2011
I love the quality of the CRITICAL MASS amplifiers, they can push tons of power and are very clean. The one thing I dont like much is the price. Very expencive, but I guess you get what you pay for.
I found one used online and I have been using it for 3 years now, and it hits hard. I guess I have to win the lotto or find me another used one online.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
STEVE SMITH

New York, NY

#5 Mar 23, 2011
The critical mass ula2500 v2.0 has tons of power for any subwoofer that can
take up to 3000 watts of clean power. The ula800 v2.0 is great for components or mid bass
speakers as well as 2 way and 3 way speakers. They are a bit on the expensive side of things, but they are the best that money can buy. If you
are looking for a great audiophile hifi car audio amplifier these are the way to go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mike Toll

Paramus, NJ

#6 Mar 23, 2011
The CRITICAL MASS amplifiers are top of the line. They sound better than any other amp I had ever used, I was runing an Audison amp and I could not get rid of the engine noise. After changing that amp and installing the critical mass ula800 v2.0 all the bad engine noise was gone. This amp is powering my focal 5.25'' front components and my critical mass 6.5'' rear components. The sound is breath taking. The amp has lot's more power in it, I have the gains half way down. Very good build quality and a solid amp all around.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Charles V

New York, NY

#8 Mar 30, 2011
I like to think of myself as a sound system guru, I have been installing stereo systems in vehicles for over 26 years in the greater NYC area by appointment only. The Critical Mass Audio amplifiers have always performed to my full expectations, and they have always been high. If I am working on a celebrityís car or truck, if itís a 25 thousand dollar system or a 100k thousand dollar stereo system, we like to use the Critical Mass amps because they are bullet proof ''never fail''. We have been using CRITICAL MASS equipment for about 17 years now, from back when they formed the first INSTALLER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM in Florida. The sound reproduction and pure hifi imaging is impressive, perfection in every detail. For customers that donít want to spend so much cash, we also use JL Audio Audison and a few other good quality brands. Most system we put together uses a single ULA2500 V2.0 and a single ULA800 V2.0. The raw power and total efficiency of these amplifiers is what makes them every hi-end installers dream.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Charles V

New York, NY

#9 Mar 30, 2011
I like to think of myself as a sound system guru, I have been installing
stereo systems in vehicles for over 26 years in the greater NYC area by
appointment only. The Critical Mass Audio amplifiers have always performed
to my full expectations, and they have always been high. If I am working on
a celebrity's car or truck, if it's a 25 thousand dollar system or a 100k
thousand dollar stereo system, we like to use the Critical Mass amps because
they are bullet proof ''never fail''. We have been using CRITICAL MASS
equipment for about 17 years now, from back when they formed the first
INSTALLER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM in Florida. The sound reproduction and pure
hifi imaging is impressive, perfection in every detail. For customers that
don't want to spend so much cash, we also use JL Audio Audison and a few
other good quality brands. Most system we put together uses a single ULA2500
V2.0 and a single ULA800 V2.0. The raw power and total efficiency of these
amplifiers is what makes them every hi-end installers dream.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Billy Highland

New York, NY

#10 Mar 31, 2011
Me and my son Tommy love spending time and building things. Last year we started to set up a nice sound system in my 1987 Buick Grand National. I did not want to take up lots space, but we wanted a real good sounding system. We used some items that we had won on auctions on Ebay, like 2 JL audio 12W6 subwoofers and an old Audio Control pre-amp. We are using 1 Critical Mass ULA2500 V2.0 for the subs and 1 ULA800V2.0 for the mid range speakers. We installed a set of RS6 6'' SPEAKERS & T1A tweeters in the Qform custom kick panels and they fit and sound like heaven! For the rear fill we used 2 6.5'' mid bass mid range speakers. After it was all said and done, it was a great build. I love my 87 Gnx and my son and i am so glad that we spent time together building a nice all around car that we both can enjoy for years to come.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Seth Odri

Paramus, NJ

#11 Apr 4, 2011
I found that the critical mass amplifiers dont drain the car battery as much as other amps, they are very clean and evrn louder, but the voltage does not drop. I dont want to use extra batteries in my Dodge Cherger, that is why i am using the critical mass ula2500v2.0 on my subs and the Ula800 v2.0 on my door and rear speakers. I like that the amps have a small foot print and they run nice and cool. I always use Alpine head units, i found that they give a great pre amp signal...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SPIKE

New York, NY

#12 Apr 6, 2011
I have one of the critical mass ula800 v2.0 amplifiers for sale. It is Used but in great condition, got into a car accident and the car was destroyed. Let me know if you want it. It works 100% and it looks perfect.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PapaDragon

Medford, OR

#13 Apr 6, 2011
SPIKE wrote:
I have one of the critical mass ula800 v2.0 amplifiers for sale. It is Used but in great condition, got into a car accident and the car was destroyed. Let me know if you want it. It works 100% and it looks perfect.
How much are you asking?
Andy Hu

New York, NY

#14 Apr 7, 2011
SPIKE wrote:
PLEASE let me know how much asap. I have been looking for one of these for a while, they are very expensive brand new... If you make me a good deal i can drive any place in NY to pick it up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Billy Highland

New York, NY

#15 Apr 7, 2011
PapaDragon wrote:
<quoted text>
How much are you asking?
I sold the CM ula800 v2.0 for $975 cash... I wanted $1500 but i needed the cash.
SPIKE

New York, NY

#16 Apr 7, 2011
Are you still looking for the amp, I still have it used but in great condition '' ULA800 V2.0 ''
Dave Billings

Paramus, NJ

#17 Apr 7, 2011
I think that the critical mass audio amps are awsome sounding amplifiers, but they are very expensive. It would be nice if for once they made a power mono amplifier that did not cost more than $3,000. I bought a used ula2500 from craigslist and ula8oo v2.0 on ebay, but when i whent to an audio shop they wanted over 3k for the amps. I dont care if they are used as long as they sound like they should.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frank Rogers

Paramus, NJ

#18 Apr 13, 2011
What I like about the Critical Mass amplifiers is that they are made in the USA. I am sure not all parts are made here, but it is nice to know that the company makes top of the line products in the good old US. I own the ULA800 v2.0 and also the ULA2500 V2.0 , they are top grade audiophile amps. If you want a clean sounding stereo system the Critical Mass amps should be the ''HEART'' of build, pushing crystal clear & clean sound.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Alan Ratnerstien

New York, NY

#19 Apr 14, 2011
I like the build quality and enjoy the sound quality. The critical mass audio amps are outstanding in every way. I wanted the best, and if itís used in the 259k system it should be fine for me! I did not want to take to much trunk space in my 750 BMW and with the critical mass amplifiers I still have all my space for golf clubs and luggage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
AL SAFRO

New York, NY

#20 Apr 18, 2011
Wow, these amps pack a punch!!! The Critical Mass Audio amplifiers are awesome. They put out what they say they put out, clean power. Two thumbs up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eric Smith Jr

New York, NY

#21 May 2, 2011
The Critical Mass amplifiers are real good, I used to own some of the original ULA2500 and the ULA800 model. They are very clean nsounding amps. Sold my 2007 Ford Mustang GT with all the CM sound system installedin it, and now I miss that sound. Just picked up a new BMW M5 and I ordered two of the new Critical Mass amplifiers 1- ULA2500 V2.0 & 1- ULA800 V2.0 , this will sound great with the 3 way components I have for the front and the bass in the trunk. I had the system in my Mustang for about 3 and a half years and it always hit the spot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lance Goodfriend

New York, NY

#22 May 19, 2011
I have used the Critical Mass amplifiers for years... they sound great and last longer than some of the cars I have owned. I used to use the ULA2500 on some 4- 15'' kicker solo subs and it hit like a monster. I have never used the ULA2500 V2.0 , but from what other people say they must hit the same or better than the older model. If anyone has any Critical Mass amplifiers for sale at a good deal let me know!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Electronics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Logitech Audio Station Express For Apple iP... Mon NewYorkView 1
critical mass audio speakers and amplifiers sou... Mar 1 Ryan Millar 4
Are Filipinos people nasty and vindictive? (Jul '12) Feb 27 Flip 30
Micron Technology: Leveraged Buyout Announcemen... (Jun '07) Feb 24 ThePriceIsRight 4,601
Controversy looms over ASi, the winner of the 4... Feb 21 Susansmithlindell 2
Joe The Plumber Stands By Shocking Holocaust Ch... (Jun '12) Feb 18 swedenforever 6
Jacqueline Strayer Made VP at Johnson Controls (Sep '08) Feb 15 luckytoast 8
More from around the web