Get best speakers for sound system

Get best speakers for sound system

There are 81 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Get best speakers for sound system. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

Q: I'm building a sound system and researching speakers. What brands do you recommend I check out? A: There are lots of good speakers out there, but these eight are my top bang-for-the-buck recommendations: ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

Bill Roman

Brooklyn, NY

#63 Feb 25, 2011
I consider my self an audiophile, I was looking for the best 12 volt car amplifiers in the market today... there are lots to choose from. After testing some at my friends shop in the city, we decided to go with the Critical Mass Audio amplifiers. For the subwoofers we ordered a ULA2500 V2.0 and for the interior speakers we found the ULA800 V2.0 would do best. After the initial set up the power was insane, we set up the x-over on the amps and tuned the system... it sounds out of this world, rich full vocals and powerful clean sub bass. The best part is that these Critical Mass Amplifiers work great with the factory OEM electrical system. I did not have to change my alternator or install a 2nd battery... these amps are super efficient. If you are looking for the most powerful and cleanest amp for your subs or for your interior speakers, the CM line of amplifiers is a must!
Chris Kokolapicos

Brooklyn, NY

#65 Mar 18, 2011
I use the Critical Mass Audio amp, ULA2500 V2.0 to push 2 JL W6 subwoofers. This amplifier is the best, I was using an ARC Audio then upgraded to the Audison... but now with the Critical Mass Audio amp it sounds almost 2 times louder and clean. I also purchased the Critical Mass ULA800 V2.0 for the door and rear deck speakers. It sounds so clear and I enjoy every bit of the sound quality. One of my concerns, was power draw from the factory alternator... the best part is that these amps are the most efficient available today. I did not need to buy a second battery or mess with the alternator that is a big plus!!!
I bought them online at a great deal. They make the best car amplifiers...
Chris Witty

Brooklyn, NY

#67 Mar 21, 2011
I had Reme from Reme Designs install a nice sound system in my Ford Mustang Cobra. We spoke a bit, and I told him I wanted very crisp and clear sound. He told me to use the Critical Mass Audio RS line of speakers, because they are light weight and sound great. He showed me the RS57 that fit perfect in the factory location of the OEM speakers. They looked great, and they are thin shallow so they fit just about any application. They are made of real carbon fiber and have a 2 inch voice coil and a full neo magnet structure. For the amplifiers we used the Critical Mass Audio ULA800 V2.0 to power the RS57 in the front and the RS57 in the rear. For the bass I had 2 old school SAS bazooka bass tubes and we used the Critical MASS ULA2500 V2.0 to push the bass.
The Sound system sounds out of this world, the mid's the hi's the low's it all comes together perfect. I cant say enough about the great job REME did on my ride. It sounds great, perfect imaging and very loud if I want to pump it up.
I race my car from time to time, so I did not want to add to much weight.
Mike Muller

Brooklyn, NY

#68 Mar 22, 2011
I like to use hi-end audio for the home and my ride... as far as car audio goes, I use Zapco and Critical Mass amplifiers. They have never let me down and they sound fantastic. I like to install my systems in my cars, because no one cares about your car or truck more than you. I just purchased an old Zapco amp on Ebay, so now I am ready for the install. The Critical Mass ULA2500 V2.0 mono block amp and the ULA800 V2.0 4ch hifi amp will power the subwoofers and vocals. The Zapco will run all the highs.
Stacey

Boston, MA

#70 Sep 19, 2011
I just ordered the critical mass ss69 for my rear deck (2007 Camry) and they are too deep - hitting the tension bars for the trunk. Did anyone else have this problem?
Garth

Sicklerville, NJ

#71 Sep 25, 2011
Stacey - Boston,MA - did you resolve your issue with the SS69 for the 2007 Camry?? I have a pair that i will be getting installed, too.
Garth

Sicklerville, NJ

#72 Sep 25, 2011
Markus wrote:
I ordered a set of critical mass rs69 for the front doors of my 2010 toyota camry and also a pair of ss69 speakers and got a great deal on ebay. I got the rs69 for $499 and the ss69 for $399 and free shipping. This was a gift to myself who knows what I want better than me. I took them to a stereo and alarm shop and they installed the front door and rear speakers for just $100. The stereo sounds great now.
Markus, did you have any trouble mounting the SS69 speakers on or around the tension bars for the trunk in your camry??
jack mehoff

Bethesda, MD

#73 Oct 24, 2011
anyone that thinks bose is good sound, knows absolutely nothing about the subject
Chris

Pleasanton, CA

#75 Dec 23, 2011
Hello,

I was just going to ask,

Where can I listen to these critical mass speakers before I just spend so much on ebay for them?
KEITH1969CAMARO

Phoenix, AZ

#76 Jun 30, 2012
I just installed a critcal mass audio system in my camaro, it came out great!!! the sound is crystal clear and it is crazy loud... I instlled the citial mass rs5 in my kick panels and the ss6 in the rear. For the bass i used two ss102 critical mass subs, they hit very hard and sound very natural. I have the older critical mass ula2500 on the subwoofers and the new style ula800 v2.0 on the rest of the speakers. I am very happy with the end result.
joshe

United States

#77 Jul 5, 2012
i use critical mass speakers in all my trucks, and i am also running a critical mass amplifier on one of my trucks, i love crystal clear music and after looking for a quality sound system i went with the critical mass audio. a bit high on the price, but at the end it pays to buy quality. i have some old critical speakers in my 2001 f150 and they sound just as good today, as the day i installed them.
DANF250

Atlanta, GA

#78 Jul 5, 2012
my f250 sounds great with the critical mass ula800v2.0 amplifier and all the cm carbon fiber mids. it sounds great!
Garth

United States

#79 Jul 6, 2012
Having nothing but trouble getting my critical mass ss69 speakers in my 2007 Camry SE to sound right. Was expecting more with all the reviews. The factory JBLs sound better! Even after tech advise @Critical MASS. I am peeved off! These suckers cost 400 large!
Canada Mike

Montréal, Canada

#80 Jul 6, 2012
the critical mass amplifiers are the best amps that i have used in some years now... i always used ads, zapco and alpine... but the new cm ula2500 v2.0 and the ula800v2.0 are the real deal!!! it's compact design and monster power output, put it in a class on its own. i run 1 UL12 on the sub channel and push focal fronts and critical mass rears... sounds like Heaven!!!
DCgov

Chantilly, VA

#81 Jul 9, 2012
the critical mass speakers are very nice, they sound so much better than my factory bmw system...
CARLOS

Phoenix, AZ

#82 Jul 14, 2012
these speakers are real good
mike c

Dallas, TX

#83 Nov 18, 2012
these critical mass rs69 and ss69 speakers sound real good and they are simple to install... 2010 camry le
2010 Camry LE

Sacramento, CA

#84 Jan 5, 2013
After doing a lot of research I went ahead and got my self the rs69 for the front and ss69 for the back using a Jl Audio HD600 AMP the speakers sound very good but it was extremely difficult mounting them on who ever says it is easy is a fake review it took a lot of time especially for the fronts they come with no mounting hardware so you either have to order the adapters or make em your self, overall they sound very good but if somebody is looking to upgrade there sound system keep your stock back speakers and only upgrade the fronts, maybe add a sub
FRANK SOUZA

Brooklyn, NY

#87 Jun 11, 2014
The critical mass speakers and amplifiers sound great !!! had them installed into my vette and viper and the sound is fantastic ...
Ruben Macaya

Brooklyn, NY

#88 Mar 25, 2016
FRANK SOUZA wrote:
The critical mass speakers and amplifiers sound great !!! had them installed into my vette and viper and the sound is fantastic ...
Frank I happen to agree with you the critical mass components are unbelievable the sound is so true and pure it is like you are in your own Concert Hall. I love the carbon fiber and the quality of the products in general. The 4 channel amp and a monoblock or my favorite they really push the system to its limit and it sounds fantastic very clear the best I have ever heard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Electronics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Southside Chiques injunction upheld (Jul '08) Oct 16 CO Boy13 66
Are Filipinos people nasty and vindictive? (Jul '12) Oct 8 Heyitsme 60
News Micron Technology: Leveraged Buyout Announcemen... (Jun '07) Sep 27 IdahoFirst 4,618
critical mass audio ula800 v2.0 & ula2500 v2.0 ... (Apr '13) Sep '17 JamesD 35
critical mass audio speakers and amplifiers sou... (Nov '14) Sep '17 JamesD 13
critical mass amplifiers are the real deal ! gr... (Jan '14) Sep '17 vinny 7
News Condo owners to pay $500K to save dog urine-con... Aug '17 dog-eat-dog society 1
More from around the web