Get best speakers for sound system

Get best speakers for sound system

There are 81 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Get best speakers for sound system. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

Q: I'm building a sound system and researching speakers. What brands do you recommend I check out? A: There are lots of good speakers out there, but these eight are my top bang-for-the-buck recommendations: ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

Markus

Paramus, NJ

#42 Dec 6, 2009
I ordered a set of critical mass rs69 for the front doors of my 2010 toyota camry and also a pair of ss69 speakers and got a great deal on ebay. I got the rs69 for $499 and the ss69 for $399 and free shipping. This was a gift to myself who knows what I want better than me. I took them to a stereo and alarm shop and they installed the front door and rear speakers for just $100. The stereo sounds great now.
Martin Gomez

Paramus, NJ

#43 Dec 8, 2009
I bought the new honda civic and wanted to upgrade the sound system. I read some mobile electronics magazine reviews only and they tested the critical mass speakers and they are rated the best by the industry pro's. I went to a shop in brooklyn exotic audio and they let me listen to a demo car 750 bmw with critical mass speakers, it sounds great. I ordered the rs for the fronts and the critical mass audio ss for the rears. I am glad that i did my homework and my sound system sounds great.
ERIC KROGER

Paramus, NJ

#44 Dec 10, 2009
I OWN A DODGE VIPER, AND I LOVE THE CAR IT HAS MORE POWER THAN I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT..LOL. I WAS LOOKING FOR SOME GREAT SPEAKERS FOR MY VIPER AND AND I ASKED AROUND AND LOOKED UP SOME INFO ON VIPER FORUMS AND AUDIO FORUMS AND THEY ALL HAD MANY GOOD BUT DIFFERENT IDEAS. I HAD TO DO MY OWN RESEARCH AND I ENDED UP BUYING THE CRITICAL MASS RS SPEAKERS AND I FOUND THAT THEY ARE THE BEST FOR MY DODGE VIPER. THEY ARE SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT AND MADE WITH REAL CARBON FIBER AND HAS A NEO MAGNET THAT IS UP TO 100 TIMES STRONGER THAN A REGULAR SPEAKER MAGNET. IT HAS A GREAT NEO SILK TWEETER AND A 2'' HUGE VOICE COIL AND THEY ARE THIN SHALLOW MOUNT... NOT DEEP LIKE MOST SPEAKERS... I SPENT $500 ON EACH PAIR AND I HAVE 2 SETS. I GUESS AFTER SPENDING $75,000.00 ON THE VIPER WHATS A FEW MORE DOLLARS. I INSTALLED THEM OVER THE WEEKEND AND I AM GLAD I MADE THIS PURCHASE. THEY SOUND GREAT. ONE MORE THING, I SAVED ABOUT 20 POUNDS OF WEIGHT BY CHANGING THE SPEAKERS. NOW THE VIPER SOUNDS 1000 BETTER THAN STOCK ANS ITS LIGHTER AND THAT MEANS FASTER.
Angelo

Paramus, NJ

#45 Dec 13, 2009
Robert wrote:
I own a PORSCHE 911 C4 and love the look of the car and the power of this top of the line automobile. This car is great in many ways, but the stereo is not one of them. I installed an ALPINE single din radio and CRITICAL MASS AUDIO speakers. I installed the CRITICAL MASS RS series for the front stage and the SS series for the rear fill. The sound system sounds great, I love the quality of the ALPINE head unit and the CRITICAL MASS speakers. If you own a PORSCHE this is a great combo.
THANKS FOR THE THE INFO I ALSO OWN A 911 C4 AND I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THE CRITICAL MASS SPEAKERS... THEY MAKE THE PORSCHE SOUND LIKE CONCERT HALL. THE OFF AXIS IMAGE IS OUTSTANDING.TO TOP IT OFF THEY ARE SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT AND I SAVED ABOUT 20 POUNDS JUST FROM TAKING OUT THE FACTORY SPEAKERS AND CHANGING THEN FOR THE CRITICAL MASS RS COAXIAL. THESE ARE THE BEST SPEAKERS!!!
BrYaNt

Brooklyn, NY

#46 Dec 15, 2009

THEY ARE 6X9's... IF U ARE GOING TO BUY SPEAKERS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING THE CRITICAL MASS RS69... THEY WERE SPEACIALLY MADE TO FIT THE CAMRY AND THEY SOUND AMAZING..AND IT WAS RATED BY CAR AUDIO MAGAZINE AS THE BEST EVER TESTED. 160 WATT RMS, 300 PEAK.... I DID MY HOMEWORK AND FOUND OUT THIS SPEAKER IS THE BEST OF ITS CLASS. NO MOD'S TO THE DOOR, THEY JUST DROP IN. CARBON FIBER CONE, GREAT SOUND... ITS BEST TO BUY THEM ON EBAY..
Bob

Paramus, NJ

#47 Dec 16, 2009
the critical mass rs69 are the best speakers for the new gen 6 toyota camry. they fit perfect in the front doors of the 2007 2008 2009 2010 toyota camry. they fit into the bracket of the factory speaker location. this way there will be no rattles in the door. i looked all over for the best fit and this is the speaker everyone that knows about sound and toyota camrys are using. the sound is outstanding and crystal clear... love it.
212 motoring

Brooklyn, NY

#48 Dec 22, 2009
just installed a full critical mass system in a 750 bmw and it sounds great.very simple to mount all the new speakers in the factory location with no problem. what i was impressed with was the sound quality that came through with these rs critical mass speakers. this was the first time we tried them at the shop and it will not be the last. if you are looking for great sound and dont want to hack up the car this is a good choice.
LKH

Brooklyn, NY

#49 Dec 29, 2009
I just ordered the RS6s9 and SS69s off ebay b/c of this forum. Are you guys keeping the factory headunit or buy aftermarket stereos too?
franco

Paramus, NJ

#50 Dec 29, 2009
I kept my factory radio in my toyota camry and the critical mass rs69 sound great in the front doors. I also put the ss69 in the back and they also sound sweet. I kept the factory JBL headunit because it sounds very good with the speakers.
Tom

Hoboken, NJ

#51 Jan 2, 2010
I just got my new 4runner and installed the critical mass system and it sounds great I did not change my radio I just changed all the factory speakers and it made a world of difference in the sound quality and it's 10times faster.
MARC

Paramus, NJ

#52 Jan 18, 2010
I installed the critical mass SS69 and also the RS69 in my ride. It sounds great and I just added the critical mass tweeters and they sound so clean and natural not over-done. I am running my old ADS amplifier on the T1A critical mass tweeters and the critical mass ULA800V.2 for the rest of the sound system. I installed everything myself and used dynomat on the doors and all in the rear, the system sounds perfect. In my opinion The critical mass speakers are the best car speakers you can get your hands on.
bruce

Brooklyn, NY

#53 Feb 18, 2010
i have 2 ul12 critical mass subwoofers installed in my 2010 cadillac escalade. to run these subs i am pushing 2 of the critical mass ula2500 v2 amplifiers. the mids are all critical rs6 , ss6 , t1a component tweeters and the amp pushing all the voice is the critical mass ula800 v2. this is the best system i have ever owned, and i am now 40 years old... so you know i have had jbl mtx punch a/d/s polk eclipse pioneer 'sony es' jl and i am sure some more.
Chris Falcone

Paramus, NJ

#54 Mar 7, 2010
I own a 2010 Toyota Camry with the factory JBL sound system.The stereo system sounds good but I wanted ''great sound''.I installed the Critical Mass SS69 on the rear deck, these speakers have dual connections to work perfect with the JBL amplifier and xovers.These speakers make it simple to connect to the JBL sound system because they have 2 terminals, 1 for voice and 1 for bass and low frequencies... I also upgraded the door speakers to the RS69 Critical mass speakers.I installed them inside the factory plastic housing of the stock speakers.The fit was perfect and the sound is out of this world.Now my Toyota Camry sounds GREAT!!!
Ahja

Atlanta, GA

#55 Mar 31, 2010
I found really great Car Audio Systems at http://creativeacoustics.com
Stan

Brooklyn, NY

#56 Apr 7, 2010
My 2008 DODGE Viper is a great sports car, but the sound system was weak. I ordered some Critical Mass Audio speakers for the Viper and now this ride has great sounding tunes to match the rest of the car. I used the rs6 in the doors and the ss8 subwoofers in the back. I love the crystal clear vocals and instrumentals and the nice and solid bass. The Critical Mass speakers are by far the best speakers for car use. I love the carbon fiber construction and the neo magnet that gives it its great power. To top it off these are the lightest speakers in the market place today, so they will not slow you down.
MITCHELL BROWN

Brooklyn, NY

#57 May 24, 2010
I own a 2007 bmw 750 and i realy did not like the factory sound system. I took my ride to Reme Designs in NY and he installed 11 critical mass speakers all around the car. He used the rs5 rs4 speakers and the tia tweeters with crossovers and it sounds a million times better. The sound is alive now, not flat like the factory...and the vocals are now outstanding. This is the system bmw should be using from factory, for 100k you would think they would install the best speakers possible. If you have a 7 series bmw 745 750 this is the way to go. Reme did a great job on my ride.
Mohamed Ahja

Brooklyn, NY

#58 Jul 13, 2010
I just installed some Critical Mass speakers in my Ford truck. The RS57 sound very clean and the SS57 also sound great. I changed my factory radio with an Alpine and the the sound is now better than ever. Very nice mid and sub bass out of these Citical Mass Audio speakers. The vocals sound fantastic, not like some other speakers that just hurt your ears...
Ed Stuart

Brooklyn, NY

#59 Aug 24, 2010
I installed a full Critical Mass Audio sound system in my BMW.The sound is outsatanding and the imaging is remarkable. i love the way the sound fills the entire car and it gives the illussion that there are many more speakers in the car. The sound is fantastic and I would recommend these RS6 RS5 RS4 to anyone that wants great sound in their BMW.
Steve Renard

Brooklyn, NY

#60 Jan 31, 2011
I own a 2011 Toyota Camry; the sound system on this car is BAD!!! It sounds like tin cans... I looked on line and went to some stores and found that lots of people are using the Critical Mass Audio RS69 for the front doors on the 2007 2008 2009 2010 & 2011 Camry's. These 6x9'' inch speakers fit perfect and sound even better. The Bass sounds great and the mids and vocals sound like a live concert!!! For the rear of the car, on the back deck most people use the Critical Mass Audio SS69. Just like the other set these sound fantastic and together they work like a charm. On the dash, most people donít even know that they have 2 speakers there... change them out with the Critical Mass T1A tweeters mid drivers. This full upgrade will dramatically change the way your sound system sounds. You will love the detail in every drum beat and guitar string you hear... it will sound like a concert hall. I really love the way my Camry sounds now. Hope this info helps anyone looking for a better sounding audio system in their Toyota Camry.
TOYOTA MOTOR CLUB NYC

Brooklyn, NY

#62 Feb 21, 2011
I own a 2011 Toyota Camry; the sound system on this car is BAD!!! It sounds like tin cans... I looked on line and went to some stores and found that lots of people are using the Critical Mass Audio RS69 for the front doors on the 2007 2008 2009 2010 & 2011 Camry's. These 6x9'' inch speakers fit perfect and sound even better. The Bass sounds great and the mids and vocals sound like a live concert!!! For the rear of the car, on the back deck most people use the Critical Mass Audio SS69. Just like the other set these sound fantastic and together they work like a charm. On the dash, most people donít even know that they have 2 speakers there... change them out with the Critical Mass T1A tweeters mid drivers. This full upgrade will dramatically change the way your sound system sounds. You will love the detail in every drum beat and guitar string you hear... it will sound like a concert hall. I really love the way my Camry sounds now. Hope this info helps anyone looking for a better sounding audio system in their Toyota Camry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Electronics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Filipinos people nasty and vindictive? (Jul '12) Jun 13 joseph 56
News Joe The Plumber Stands By Shocking Holocaust Ch... (Jun '12) May '17 swedenforever 10
News CPI celebrates 55th anniversary with $5,500 don... (Oct '09) May '17 give-crucial-contex 3
critical mass audio ula2500 v2.0 & ula800v2.o c... (Mar '11) Apr '17 Kris wilson 125
critical mass audio speakers and amplifiers sou... (Nov '14) Mar '17 Jimmyzx9 12
News NV Energy pulls plug on coal-fired power plant ... Mar '17 ThomasA 4
News Push to close last Nevada coal plant centers on... Mar '17 Solarman 1
More from around the web