Direct marketing ain't what it used to be-it's better

Jan 21, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BtoB Magazine

When I started my career, direct marketing was treated somewhat like the black sheep of the advertising world. via BtoB Magazine

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 21, 2014

“Direct Marketing Online”

Since: Apr 07

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

I certainly agree. We use to target at limited audiences because databases were harder to built. We also used fewer types of media. In such a situation we hit the limits of constraint quickly creating marketing fatigue.

With today's constantly expanding databases and audiences reachable by the increasing variety of personal media... the limits of constraint have been pushed further and constantly so. Hence direct marketing is able to create a more enjoyable and meaningful experience

Since: Sep 12

Gurgaon, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

You are right. Now a days many company are providing direct marketing product such as telemarketing list, mailing list etc
Mathew Frost

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Personally, even I would go for direct mailing services ( http://www.troimail.com/services/ ) only. I've started feeling that with increasing technologies and online methods, indirectly though, direct mailing value has increased. When a consumer receives a mail which is personalized, the consumer will definitely feel special and the chance of responding will be more compared to online methods.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••