How to stop spam cell phone calls

There are 25 comments on the WSTM-TV Syracuse story from Feb 13, 2008, titled How to stop spam cell phone calls. In it, WSTM-TV Syracuse reports that:

“Do Not Call Registry". Legislation is in its final stages that would make the "Do Not Call Registry”

If you get sales calls and spam messages on your cell phone you are not alone. As more people are using their cell phones as their main phone line, their numbers are becoming more accessible. via WSTM-TV Syracuse

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSTM-TV Syracuse.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Torie

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Jul 18, 2011
I get 30 calls a day. I can't stand it and. Am considering chanhng my number. I have an ex that owes debt collectors money and they call and harrass me. Even though I have no connections info of where my ex is. What should I do?

Since: Jul 11

India

#26 Aug 22, 2011
Hello,

Three simple steps Stop Spam!

Step 1: Log into a reliable and accurate cell phone reverse look-up service and enter the spam number. It will give you all necessary information about the source of the call like name, address, entity, etc.

Step 2: Once you have collected all necessary information from the cell phone reverse look-up service, go ahead and contact the spammers. In most cases, it will be a company trying to promote their product or service. Communicate to them that you detest any such spam messages and/or calls and demand that they stop it with immediate effect. If the problem does not end there, then you may take the next step.

Step 3: Since it is a violation of CAN-SPAM Act, you can very well lodge a formal complaint to the concerned authorities against the spammers and/or report to cell phone registries. Stringent action will be taken against such violators.

Thanks a lot
Jay Donaldson

Ernakulam, India

#29 Sep 13, 2013
send an SMS to 1909 in TRAI specified format to block these numbers or use any third party tools / apps to do it
Inna

Algeria

#30 Sep 13, 2013
I have received the same calls from "Credit Card Services" since 2008, and every time I report them to the FCC using the online form 1088D. Perhaps one of these days the FCC will put a stop to this crap, but I won't be holding my breath....
http://24hgeek.fr/nexus-5/bons-plans-nexus-5/...
clark

Algeria

#31 Sep 13, 2013
Essentially a great article. What it fails to mention is the while numbers registered in the national "Do Not Call" registry my not be solicited for telemarketing/sales purposes, this will give "charities" and "political"
http://24hgeek.fr/ipad-5/ & http://www.ipadmini2.fr/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Direct Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dental Marketing (May '11) May 20 Dental Genius 14
Benny Sanchez Update: May 16 Willie 4
Benny Sanchez is LEGIT! (Sep '14) May 9 ALLABOUTTHEYAYODI... 68
Atm May 2 Gregory 3
my experience with benny sanchez (Jul '14) Apr '15 Jesiko 33
Got my atm skimmer from benny sanchez today! (Sep '14) Apr '15 KillinShhh 33
I finally got my skimmer! Apr '15 Bobby 33
More from around the web