Hartford Direct Marketing Services Fi...

Hartford Direct Marketing Services Firm Is Closing

There are 39 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 16, 2009, titled Hartford Direct Marketing Services Firm Is Closing. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Hartford Direct, a Berlin-based marketing services firm with a star-studded client list, is closing - hurt by the loss of its biggest customer, the slowdown in its industry and tight credit in a ravaging ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not based on heresay

Avon, CT

#22 Feb 19, 2009
For those disgruntled employees who have written in it is too bad you do not remember all the good the company did for it's employees, such as offering medical and dental insurance and paid vacations. Insurance benefits and paid vacations and holidays are not an obligation and it is solely up to the company to provide those benefits or not. In addition the company provided many jobs for people with special needs and there were many instances when the company provided jobs for a family member of an employee who was badly in need of a job; a policy many companies have strict rules against. In many cases there were opportunities for growth and advancement for employees and if you weren't among those who advanced,it was probably because you didn't earn it. There were many additional good things happening at Hartford Direct you haven't acknowledged such as providing employees with loans, trips, bonus', picnics, pizza parties and much more. If these are all items related to the poor treatment of employees I wonder what it is you were expecting. Maybe you should wake up and try living in the real world. Aside from what the company did for their employees they also reached out and supported the communities where they were based and charities such as March of Dimes, Fidelco and Cherish the Children. As for what went on in the owner's personal lives 'Former Employee' from Bronx NY is misinformed and should base their comments only on fact not on gossip and rumor.
Organize

Bronx, NY

#23 Feb 19, 2009
Many Employers Are Just Using the Recession to Stick it to Workers

http://informationclearinghouse.info/article2...
Direct Mail News

Bronx, NY

#24 Feb 20, 2009
Michael Kokiel

Bridgeport, CT

#25 Feb 20, 2009
My father was a mechanic there for 21 years and he worked monday - sunday to help this company. My family has known Francis twenty years before I was born. If people have something bad to say without even knowing him or the company at all they should be ashamed. Ever since I was a little kid I had only noticed a family there. There are many people who worked there that I miss and I just want to wish them all the best. Lets just stop and think how it feels to be kicked when you are down before you do the same to all these people
Lions Vs Sheep

Somers, CT

#26 Feb 20, 2009
Weak humans will always take the opportunity to get their digs in and kick the stronger ones when they are down and out. But Lions survive.
And sheep...well you will always just be sheep.......
As a great man once said to me... "I would rather live one day as a Lion than a thousand days as a Sheep." Thank You, Francis!
Bad Experience

Boston, MA

#27 Feb 20, 2009
I have to agree with the negative comments concerning employment with this company. Unfortunately I worked there as well and was treated very poorly. Too many weekends of my life without pay (salaried employee) and no recognition. Belittled by management, does anyone remember a warehouse manager who called all of his male employees “Girls”– boy was he funny?
Former employee

Shelton, CT

#29 Feb 20, 2009
As far as (Bad Experience)maybe "you were a girl".
The owners of that company worked hard and tried to do the best for there customers.Employees were treated well, the only ones who should complain would be the managers who were on salary but almost worked 50-60 per week and it was never good enough.That company lost some hard working leaders.
Former employee

Wethersfield, CT

#30 Feb 20, 2009
As a former female employee at Hartford Direct we were only mistreated by 1 person. " Jeff Kokiel"
He now gets what he dserved.
Michael Kokiel

Fremont, CA

#31 Feb 20, 2009
Former employee wrote:
As a former female employee at Hartford Direct we were only mistreated by 1 person. " Jeff Kokiel"
He now gets what he dserved.
That is my father and he put more hours than any of you. He was probly upset with the people who had no common sense and couldnt do thier job right like you, and just so you know every mailhouse left wants him to work for them and you cant say the same.
Former Employee

Allentown, NJ

#32 Feb 23, 2009
Former employee wrote:
As far as (Bad Experience)maybe "you were a girl".
The owners of that company worked hard and tried to do the best for there customers.Employees were treated well, the only ones who should complain would be the managers who were on salary but almost worked 50-60 per week and it was never good enough.That company lost some hard working leaders.
I came in between 6:30 and 7am and not leave till sometime 11 pm come in on Sat and Sun...Frank was never there... Earl worked late...but never Frank... I was no manager... managers did come in any earlier than 8 and didn't leave no later than 5:15. I was Salary and was never thanked.
Former Employee

Allentown, NJ

#33 Feb 23, 2009
Not based on heresay wrote:
For those disgruntled employees who have written in it is too bad you do not remember all the good the company did for it's employees, such as offering medical and dental insurance and paid vacations. Insurance benefits and paid vacations and holidays are not an obligation and it is solely up to the company to provide those benefits or not. In addition the company provided many jobs for people with special needs and there were many instances when the company provided jobs for a family member of an employee who was badly in need of a job; a policy many companies have strict rules against. In many cases there were opportunities for growth and advancement for employees and if you weren't among those who advanced,it was probably because you didn't earn it. There were many additional good things happening at Hartford Direct you haven't acknowledged such as providing employees with loans, trips, bonus', picnics, pizza parties and much more. If these are all items related to the poor treatment of employees I wonder what it is you were expecting. Maybe you should wake up and try living in the real world. Aside from what the company did for their employees they also reached out and supported the communities where they were based and charities such as March of Dimes, Fidelco and Cherish the Children. As for what went on in the owner's personal lives 'Former Employee' from Bronx NY is misinformed and should base their comments only on fact not on gossip and rumor.
Medical, Dental and vacation...dear that normally come with a job... Pizza parties came from the Employee club...I guess you forgot. All the paper goods too - employee club. As far as loans, trips, bonus, picnics...I don't know who was receive those things...never heard or saw it. Sorry!
Jim

Attleboro, MA

#34 Feb 26, 2009
There but for the grace of God go I.
Jeff

Austin, TX

#35 Mar 5, 2009
Frances Bean Cobain wrote:
Their big client was Verizon Wireless. I feel terrible for those who work there who have now have to enter an unstable job market. But, as someone who worked there at one point, it was not run well and the employees were treated terribly. The best thing I ever did was leave that place.
Frances, how do you know their client was Verizon? Does anyone know where I can get their client list?
Wally

Raritan, NJ

#36 Mar 11, 2009
Francis Cobain is not the person's real name so you would never find her on any employee list. The real Francis Cobain is the daughter of a very famous 90's rocker who killed himself.

Francis Bean Cobain is the daughter of former Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain and wife Courtney Love.
Bad Experience

Boston, MA

#37 Mar 11, 2009
16 yr employee M Hartman wrote:
<quoted text>
Frances Cobain,how long did you work here and when??????????
I have worked at Hartford Direct for 16 years. This person never worked at this facility as far as I know. What is she talking about. Hartford Direct
was reputable and a respected company in the industry. An accredited member of the Mailing Fulfullment Service Association. The President of Hartford Direct also sits on the national board of this organization.
This company was in business for twenty years and had employees who worked here since day one until the end. Apparently this person has a vindictive attitude and a personal agenda. I am proud to have worked for this company and so are all the people who have worked alongside of me. This was a terrible tragedy that was caused by greedy banks and real estate investors who refused to help a viable company for so few funds that were needed to continue to employ hundreds of people.
Unemployment benefits, state assistance, lost tax revenue will far outway the amount this company wanted to borrow and repay in the future. Where is all that taxpayer bail out money to continue to employ hard working people.
Good luck to all the Hartford Direct employees.
You are one of the family members related to an owner, right? I remember you and how you treated me and the rest of the employees - awful. You showed no respect to anyone unless they were higher up on the ladder than you. Obviously the way you treated everyone just disseminated from the top down.
Rachel Maddow

Bronx, NY

#38 Mar 13, 2009
Employee Free Choice Act

&eu rl
Pension Plan

Bronx, NY

#39 Mar 17, 2009
Former Employee

United States

#40 May 28, 2009
Bad Experience wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the family members related to an owner, right? I remember you and how you treated me and the rest of the employees - awful. You showed no respect to anyone unless they were higher up on the ladder than you. Obviously the way you treated everyone just disseminated from the top down.
Yes her name is Marion Hartman Earls sister. I was also treated badly by her. What toped it off was that my wife needed my help with her car that was in the shop and she wanted me to take her to pick it up when it was ready. So i thought i would do the right thing by calling Marion to let her know i was going to be late her response was "So what dose that have to do with you" she has no respect as a manager. I don't regret leaving
Hman

Dodge City, KS

#41 Apr 24, 2010
Mike Litorus wrote:
Wonder who the "big" client was that they lost?
Verizon Wireless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Direct Mail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Direct Mail marketing or Email Marketing? (Sep '14) Mar '15 hedleyfulton83 4
peach direct scammers (Jul '07) Oct '14 Grammar Nazi 342
US Web Inc (Oct '08) Aug '14 Joe 490
Direct mail service (May '14) May '14 Daniel Reed 1
News Direct marketing ain't what it used to be-it's ... (Jan '08) Jan '14 Mathew Frost 3
USPS Corrected Bad Address is Identical to Orig... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bill H 1
News Medical Marketing Service Inc. Conducts their A... (May '13) Nov '13 physician123 3
More from around the web