Stopping Junk Mail Is Easy, And Good ...

Stopping Junk Mail Is Easy, And Good For Environment

There are 6 comments on the GayCityUSA Daily story from Feb 18, 2007, titled Stopping Junk Mail Is Easy, And Good For Environment. In it, GayCityUSA Daily reports that:

The average American receives 11 pieces of unsolicited junk mail each week, according to the Center for a New American Dream, a nonprofit dedicated to promoting responsible consumerism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GayCityUSA Daily.

Jennifer Watts

Clyde, NC

#1 Feb 22, 2007
We always put junk mail in the paper shreader,or in the trash
Mike

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 29, 2007
I like getting advertising mail and trees are a renewable resource
Robert Atlas

Huntingtown, MD

#3 Jul 1, 2007
I signed up for DirectMail.com National Do Not Mail list to reduce the amount of unwanted junk mail. The service is free.
Mia

Boston, MA

#4 Aug 30, 2007
Believe it or not- In this day and age of digital prinitng- "junk mail" is not really junk anymore- Because of the databases, and what they know about people, the solicitations people get these days are for things YOU have shown interest in or want...You know all that internet surfing you do? Well, that gets tracked and leads to the junk mail you get, You want less junk mail? Do less interent surfing...
Glenn Koetzner

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 Sep 8, 2007
If it's unsolicited, it's junk. Pretty simple to me.
bucksnort

United States

#6 Jan 4, 2008
the best way to stop junk mail is to do this
SAVE the prepaid envelope that is included with credit offers and other advertisements , fill the envelope with all the other junk mail you recieve and mail it back to them at their expense
trust me it works !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Direct Mail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Direct mail schedule Dec '16 HamboneZ 1
peach direct scammers (Jul '07) Sep '16 Ramiro 343
US Web Inc (Oct '08) Oct '15 Too Bad its over 491
Direct Mail marketing or Email Marketing? (Sep '14) Mar '15 hedleyfulton83 4
Direct mail service (May '14) May '14 Daniel Reed 1
News Direct marketing ain't what it used to be-it's ... (Jan '08) Jan '14 Mathew Frost 3
USPS Corrected Bad Address is Identical to Orig... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bill H 1
More from around the web