Program ensures homeless veterans get...

Program ensures homeless veterans get military funerals

There are 1 comment on the www.ajc.com story from Apr 8, 2012, titled Program ensures homeless veterans get military funerals. In it, www.ajc.com reports that:

Wendell Doughty died at a local nursing home a few days after turning 50. He had no known family members, no home of his own and few possessions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.ajc.com.

Since: Dec 09

Choctaw, OK

#1 Apr 8, 2012
Why some never did get a veterans funeral was they never could come up with a name or SS number to trace who he was or is.
We have some here in Oklahoma who have waited months to be placed in the ground but they do not know who he is or is there any family or was he a Veteran.
They do finger prints if they can and post a photo to see if any one knows HIM?

After 4 months they burie him ..........

city and state pay the bills.

I say some are Veterans but some have been on the streets and die in homes with NO paper work and make it hard to trace who he is and in most cases if they find out he is a veteran the VA does step in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Death Care Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Funeral board votes to not suspend director (Oct '15) Oct '15 GlitterSucks_ 1
CMS Continues its “New Kind of Scholarship” Pro... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Doth 1
News Free News for Bradenton, FL and Manatee County (May '15) May '15 Metrus DG Group 1
News Davis Funerals Switches to Green Coffins (May '15) May '15 Gerald Vonberger 1
News Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner Cuts Funds For Indig... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Matt Kennedy 1
News Polley pre-need contract buyers urged to contac... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Hazel McGlasson 3
News Funeral planning seminar planned June 23 (Jun '10) Jul '14 Brain 4
More from around the web