Dorset man charged with embezzling mo...

Dorset man charged with embezzling money from funeral home - The Manchester Journal

There are 4 comments on the The Manchester Journal story from Jan 4, 2012, titled Dorset man charged with embezzling money from funeral home - The Manchester Journal. In it, The Manchester Journal reports that:

A former director at Ker Westerlund Funeral Home may face up to a decade in prison after he allegedly stole more than $52,000 over a 14-month period.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Manchester Journal.

Wolf

Queensbury, NY

#1 Jan 13, 2012
It doesn't make sense that the office manager, who quite obviously must have had involvement with whatever allegedly occurred, was set completely free. Smells fishy. My guess is that she has ties with local law enforcement that the other guy doesn't.
Smiling

Westland, MI

#2 Jan 14, 2012
You mean men do this. I thought it was only women who got in small positions of trust and stole money. Let's see if he gets the same kind of 30 day sentence women get for stealing.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Feb 1, 2012
Wolf wrote:
It doesn't make sense that the office manager, who quite obviously must have had involvement with whatever allegedly occurred, was set completely free. Smells fishy. My guess is that she has ties with local law enforcement that the other guy doesn't.
My guess is that Mr. Matt Waller is in more trouble than he though he would ever get into. I guess he just got "sloppy" and finally got caught!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 Feb 1, 2012
Smiling wrote:
You mean men do this. I thought it was only women who got in small positions of trust and stole money. Let's see if he gets the same kind of 30 day sentence women get for stealing.
Well he is up for much more than 30 days if convicted. He looking at 10 years! It wasn't just stealing it was embezzlement of over $52,000 way to go MR. Waller!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Death Care Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Funeral Businesses Adapts to Changing Times (Jun '10) 10 hr flood mud 6
News Stewart Enterprises Names Kenneth G. 'Jerry' My... (Jul '08) May '17 Marcella 2
How much do you think you should spend on a cof... (Jun '11) Feb '17 Cadaverously old ... 2
News Davis Funerals Switches to Green Coffins (May '15) Feb '17 Cadaverously old ... 2
News Funeral board votes to not suspend director (Oct '15) Oct '15 GlitterSucks_ 1
CMS Continues its “New Kind of Scholarship” Pro... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Doth 1
News Free News for Bradenton, FL and Manatee County (May '15) May '15 Metrus DG Group 1