Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. Reports Record Earnings and Backl...

Full story: Earth Times

Fiscal 2006 and Fourth Quarter Highlights: * Backlog increased $1.1 billion, or 13.1%, from September 30, 2005 to $9.8 billion * Fiscal 2006 net earnings increased 50.0% from fiscal 2005 to $196.9 million * ...
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2014
Gary Hinks

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2006

Judged:

Jacobs Engineering PROFITS jumped because of the way they treat their WORKERS.I worked In CANADA for
Jacobs,I was punched on my right side by my Bulley
supervisor Bill Cole.I told the manager for Jacobs Engineering what happened,I was laid off a short time after.Randy Larson protected Bill Cole his
Friend.After working for this company for 19 years
this is the gratidue you get.I have pictures of BRUISES I optained from this punch.I also have pictures of where my work boots melted from being sent in to a hot furnace,working in this dryer was like being in HELL,EVERY TIME A BEAD OF SWEATH WOULD
FALL ON YOUR SHOVEL IT WOULD SIZZLE ALL FOR MAKING MORE MONEY FOR JACOBS ENGINEERING.Please requist the
photos and I will send them to you.Regards
Gary Hinks
Gary Hinks

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2006

Judged:

Jacobs Engineering SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
After telling the Jacobs Engineering company
Boss RANDY LARSON I was punched by his friend and supervisor Bill Cole I was laid off.After 19 yrs
as a hard working employee you get a slap in the face.
Gary Hinks
Withheld

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

Judged:

Don't take a job with the Battle Creek Office as and Electrical Engineer. The jackass that supervises the department would sell out his mother!
Withheld in Houston

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Judged:

As a previous employee of Carter & Burgess life was great until Jacobs purchased our company. Jacobs has a culture of caring - HA HA for profits only. They treat their employees like cattle and the whole place is cut throat.
Stuck at a shithole

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Judged:

I work for Jacobs NOW....and Yes they are cut throat backstabbers! The ONLY reason im still with them is ,I was sick of being on the road away from my family. They record record profits...but take away a guys holiday pay " because you were 7 mins late on the scheduled day after the holiday" WOW!!! GREED DRIVES THEIR COMPANY...NOT A CULTURE OF CARING....AND ...TO GARY HINKS....DID U PRESS CHARGES ON THAT PIECE OF SHIT? DID U GET A LAWYER...I HOPE YOU CAN SUE THE CRAP OUTTA THEM!!!
MacLeod

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Jacobs has a conveyor-belt type operations. A perfect JE employee does not ask questions and follow a very elaborate set of instructions enjoying being a small part of something big. There is no room for initiative and creativity. This is a privilege of a few selected. To be successful at JE you need to have a good look, smooth talk and know which ass to lick and when. At Jacobs Calgary I have lasted just enough to finish a project. Then I joined a smaller company and very happy ever since. Gary, I clearly visualize your case. The only reason I did not get into a similar situation is because the muscule mass on my body is a strong discouraging and warning factor.
John Smith

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Many of these other posts are correct. Jacobs is not a good company to work for. They only reward managers that are billable and top executives. Profits and the bottom line are the greatest asset, not the people. The original vision of Joseph Jacobs is long gone.
Now it's like the Roman empire.... they come in and conquer your lands (buy your company) and if you don't become a Roman very quickly, you are gone.
Not a good long term place to be.
ex Jacobs sub

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Judged:

I worked a subcontract through Jacobs. They made sure to keep a constant firewall between me and my government counterpart. This way, they could take any of the customers' requests for "more information" and turn them into "faults for not providing complete information". They will find any reason to fault your work and not give you a bonus.

IF you EVER get a bonus and when they follow through with it, it's menial and a slap on the face. At the same time, they get everyone excited for that extra $2 per day for working your @$$ off. Jacobs has done this to several companies in our area and will low-ball every RFP or RFQ sent by the government.

The best way to combat their tactical "cattle call" is ignore it. Please, for all that is holy, steer clear of Any work with their name on it.
Pat Pasadena

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Yep it suxors!
Now stfu and get back to work!
Jacobs Mumbai sucks

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Don't join Jacobs Mumbai especially the Andheri office. The Process HOD of Andheri office Mr. Ravi Koduveri is a cheat. During your interview he will promise you an excellent profile. However once you join, he will ruin your career by putting you on some Data entry type Project. The Andheri office mostly does third class work like FMCG, Pharma etc and that too most of it involves only data entry. This is because the Process HOD is only capable of handling that kind of work. Also beware of Ms. Koyeli Sen. She's one hell of a bitch. She is typically credited of ruining people's career. All the people working at Andheri office are frustrated.
Withheld

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

I came to Jacobs reluctantly and I wish I had not. They do things I can't believe. Force you to use PTO for the benefit of investors. That is the only thing they care about and then try to shove this culture crap down your throat. I have seen time moved around on timesheets and then when you question it they tell you some crazy story about how it benefits the client. I have never seen anything like it. Do not come here!!!!!!! Its an Engineer Mill..........

Since: May 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Withheld wrote:
I came to Jacobs reluctantly and I wish I had not. They do things I can't believe. Force you to use PTO for the benefit of investors. That is the only thing they care about and then try to shove this culture crap down your throat. I have seen time moved around on timesheets and then when you question it they tell you some crazy story about how it benefits the client. I have never seen anything like it. Do not come here!!!!!!! Its an Engineer Mill..........
Care to share? Currently involved in same issue. Did you complain to anyone and if so did they do anything? You wouldn't believe the crap that's going on over here
Fortunate

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Jocobs represents 'bottom-feeder' employment in the private sector. The small, family-like firm I worked with was sucked up by Jacobs and run into the ground in less than a year. Management went out of their way to ensure contracts expired, and that clients took their business elsewhere. I'm fortunate for my time with Jacobs since I had no idea that such miserable working conditions existed, I'm grateful that I got off of that sinking ship when I did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Construction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest Tue Robert Burns 1
Advantages of Precast (Aug '11) Aug 18 Paul Bear 2
New A 5.4 million retirement housing developmen... Aug 15 Mrs Morag Morton 1
Russian ag ban worries, but won't wallop, U.S. ... Aug 12 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
The Final Word on Kobe Bryant v. LeBron James (Jun '09) Jul 28 laker 5
CEOs as government saviors: Boom or bust? Jul '14 Viet Nam Veteran 17
Hetty Green's ways similar to Buffett's (Aug '12) Jul '14 SLIF 7

Search the Construction Forum:
•••