Testimony ends in Kilpatrick's corruption trial
Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClickOnDetroit.
#1 Feb 6, 2013
#2 Feb 6, 2013
I'll be glad to see the case going to jury. The jury can't go out and come right back as that would be reason for appeal. It would suggest they had pre-determined views and did not consider all the information. Anything under three days to a week would be too soon.
Even if guilty, expect a long period before sentencing. Expect an appeal that could delay sentencing or execution of any sentence. Expect an appeal of the appeal regardless of the decision.
#3 Feb 6, 2013
Hung jury acquit
#4 Feb 6, 2013
This entire SE area will erupt in scorn or celebration depending upon one's position. It would be a monumental blow to the federal justice system. They would be compelled to have a retrial for a hung jury. An acquittal would be an outrage.
Reading the body language of Evelyn on the sidewalk leaving court today, he was not too enthusiastic. He said things like, "A defense team does the best it can with the circumstances at hand. Things happen that you can't control. It is what it is." That's my paraphrasing of his words. He appeared to be a beaten man.
The consensus is 70% guilty of something, 25% chance of hung jury based on complexity or?, and 5% or less chance of vindication.
Add your comments below
|Mexican companies plan to raise capital after U... (Oct '16)||Jul 24||ValrocDevelopmentLtd||6|
|AERT Hit With Class Action Suit Over ChoiceDeck (Mar '08)||Jul 19||Lynn||161|
|pulte homes (Sep '11)||Jul 18||MOMBACH lucifer||14|
|Help finding fire stopping application||Jul 12||architect_guy||1|
|Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. Reports Record Ea... (Nov '06)||Jul 9||Irvine employee||14|
|3 options may make Delaware County road safer |... (Jul '11)||Jun 30||They cannot kill ...||33|
|Universal Forest Products closes five plants, p... (Jan '08)||Jun 27||ACHTUNG AIPAC||21|
Find what you want!
Search Construction Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC