D.R. Horton staff say firm is people-focused

Full story: Bizjournals.com

San Antonio Business Journal - by Andi Rodriguez "It's the people ... he knows the people really make the company," says Rhonda Field regarding her boss and employer, D.R. Horton America's Builder.
Comments
121 - 134 of 134 Comments Last updated Jul 19, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
missudpat

Sunnyvale, CA

#123 Nov 4, 2009
I've researched D R Horton and can honestly say that D R Horton does not honor warranty and is involved in myriad fraudulent schemes throughout the US. Just on warranty, you should visit JD Powers.com new home builder satisfaction surveys. In nearly every market, DHI has the lowest construction ratings and poorest warranty. Building information sites such as Seeking Alpha report on how DHI spends the least amount on warranty, yet has among the highest construction defects. Posted throughout the web are sites by disgruntled consumers who have posted pictures of their shifted foundations, cracked walls complete with naratives stating that DHI has ignored them. If you buy D R Horton, budget for major repairs on your own dime.
Schmeckey

Osteen, FL

#124 Nov 30, 2009
I worked for DR HORTON for almost 3 years in N.E. Florida, and I can say without hesitation, HORTON is by far the WORST company I have ever been associated with. Quite frankly, they blow. Any of the Construction Managers that are still there or have been there any length of time have been brainwashed. They are sent to the DR HORTON Ranch in Texas to hunt,eat, drink and be merry. There is a 100' bar stocked with top shelf booze. Top of the line everything for these puppets. They turn over employees quickly because good people become aware of the tricks HORTON uses to scam potential buyers. If you had a good experience with HORTON you are the EXCEPTION, not the RULE. I cannot believe that TOMNITZ and HORTON aren't in prison, or better yet haven't been lynched!
JAW

San Antonio, TX

#125 Jan 24, 2010
I think DR Horton does take care of their employees. After all they do not hold their employees accountable for anything. Who would not want to work for a company that does not make you achieve result and still get paid?
The question we need to ask ourselves is who in their right mind would knowingly buy such a poor quality product? Time after time DR Horton has failed the consumer and the community by proving such poor quality homes yet the community still buys their product. Best thing we can do is spread the word about this bad quiality at all cost.
As far as the employees go, shame on them for screwing their family, friends and neighbors...
Linda Lalonde

Buckeye, AZ

#126 Mar 15, 2010
Has anyone had a bad experience with DR Horton in the Phoenix AZ area ? We are thinking of buying a new home in a new sudivision he is building in Peoria, AZ.
Angelica

Denver, CO

#127 May 24, 2010
My home is only 5 yrs old! Two weeks ago my roof started leaking in my master bath after hard rains. My insurance company told me I have a large amount shingles missing. I was also told by the roofer to contact builder DR Horton. There is an adhisive strip on the back of each shingle. With heat and time that strip sticks mine never did. I'm getting the run around from DR Horton what can I do? I am a single mom Desert Storm Vet limited means need help! Any one please.
hello

San Antonio, TX

#128 Jul 7, 2010
yup yup
Legalman

Capitola, CA

#129 Sep 29, 2010
Interesting wrote:
DR Horton seems to have a lot of issues. Does that mean that all the other builders are far superior? I bet if you called every DR Horton owner and asked their opinion, you would see that it is only a select few with issues. I am sure there are issues everywhere with every builder. But if DR Horton is such a crappy builder, don't you think the people would rise up and file a class action lawsuit? I am sure DR Horton's stock price would plummet in a hearbeat if everyone who says they have issues would get together and file. And that would definately get the attention of the shareholders - believe me.
--- I am completely open to filing a class action lawsuit for dissatisfied owners in Texas. I am sure there are more than enough people to file suit against such a builder. Please post your comments here if you are and let's see how many people are willing to move forward.
patrick missud

San Leandro, CA

#130 Sep 29, 2010
Legalman- Feel free to use any information at my megasite: www.drhortonfraud.com Contact me by the means posted there. At your, and America's, service.
Upset Customer

Allen, TX

#131 Oct 21, 2011
D R Horton is NOT a customer focused builder! We live Edmond, Oklahoma, one of the D R Horton Community. We enjoy my home, but dealing with them on any warranty issues has been a BIG hassle. D R Horton does not return calls, do not honor promises, lie straight to our face, etc. The D R Horton City Manager for the Oklahoma City is unprofessional and unbecoming a City Manager, and he is proud to let us know that he bought a house from D R Horton's competitor in Oklahoma. So..., what is saying about the quality of a D R Horton's home. The D R Horton of Construction in the Oklahoma City area denied all warranty requests. His response to all of the customer's warranty requests is "it's cosmestic, not a warranty item". The D R Horton's Superintendent is worthless. He promised that he would resolve the warranty items; however, he would do nothing. D R Horton pressured us into signing off the warranty requests for warranty items that D R Horton did no work. Overall, the D R Horton's Management Team in the Oklahoma City area is untrustworthy, dishonorable, scam artists, liars, discrimation against non-caucasian individuals, no customer focused, no integrity, and no ethics. If I would have known this, I would have chosen a different builder. Whenever we get together, a conversation always starts up about how bad D R Horton is. If you are a non-caucasian potential buyer, stay away from D R Horton -- D R Horton discriminates against the non-caucasian individuals and D R Horton will tell that to your face after the closing. Potential home buyers beware of D R Horton! D R Horton is a crooked home builder!
Upset Customer

Allen, TX

#132 Oct 21, 2011
Agreed... D R Horton is a bunch of crooks! Stay away from them!
Upset Customer wrote:
D R Horton is NOT a customer focused builder! We live Edmond, Oklahoma, one of the D R Horton Community. We enjoy my home, but dealing with them on any warranty issues has been a BIG hassle. D R Horton does not return calls, do not honor promises, lie straight to our face, etc. The D R Horton City Manager for the Oklahoma City is unprofessional and unbecoming a City Manager, and he is proud to let us know that he bought a house from D R Horton's competitor in Oklahoma. So..., what is saying about the quality of a D R Horton's home. The D R Horton of Construction in the Oklahoma City area denied all warranty requests. His response to all of the customer's warranty requests is "it's cosmestic, not a warranty item". The D R Horton's Superintendent is worthless. He promised that he would resolve the warranty items; however, he would do nothing. D R Horton pressured us into signing off the warranty requests for warranty items that D R Horton did no work. Overall, the D R Horton's Management Team in the Oklahoma City area is untrustworthy, dishonorable, scam artists, liars, discrimation against non-caucasian individuals, no customer focused, no integrity, and no ethics. If I would have known this, I would have chosen a different builder. Whenever we get together, a conversation always starts up about how bad D R Horton is. If you are a non-caucasian potential buyer, stay away from D R Horton -- D R Horton discriminates against the non-caucasian individuals and D R Horton will tell that to your face after the closing. Potential home buyers beware of D R Horton! D R Horton is a crooked home builder!
sucky

Midland, TX

#133 Oct 21, 2011
Looks like DR Horton lost a BUNCH of potential customers. Ive never had a house built, but after all this if I ever do need one built it definitely wont be by these guys
missudpat

Sunnyvale, CA

#134 Oct 22, 2011
I beg to differ. D R Horton does not discriminate. They treat everybody badly.... in fact criminally. They first deceptively lure you into contract with lots of false promises regarding quality, low interest rates/closing costs, and warranty and then collect your deposits. Once they have your money, materials are swapped out with 'equivalents' at their 'discretion,' interest rates and closing costs skyrocket, and after closing all the many defects are warrantable- on your dime. DHI is a mafia run organization.
Susan

Lafayette, LA

#135 May 19, 2012
Drhorton has been in Louisiana for a few years. Home sales in the baton rouge area and Lafayette area have been great. Quality homes are being built in highly respected developers neighborhoods. Homes are quality and people working for the company are quality
Jim

Jersey City, NJ

#136 Jul 19, 2012
I worked for this company for about 6 months until I saw first hand how they treated one of my closest friends and brother-in law. I would tell anyone and everyone to stay away...We are taught in a class in Texas what to say to customers and what not to say...customers are often the butt of jokes in the office....their houses are very beautiful but remember beauty is ONLY skin deep...very important to remember that. As a loan officer I was repeatedly reprimanded for not charging enough in upfront points...yes part of your job function is "fee income", if you drop below a certain level it's bad, so we are told you MUST get points or we simply won't pay you so we explain to the customer that since we are paying part of your non-recurring costs you're not really paying it we are...Complete bologna...anyway I'd stay away fro these guys...dishonest doesn't begin to describe their building and lending practices

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Construction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
National Power Supply - Remanufactured diesel e... (Jan '13) 21 hr jbtintle 7
Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest Aug 26 Robert Burns 1
Advantages of Precast (Aug '11) Aug 18 Paul Bear 2
New A 5.4 million retirement housing developmen... Aug 15 Mrs Morag Morton 1
Russian ag ban worries, but won't wallop, U.S. ... Aug 12 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
The Final Word on Kobe Bryant v. LeBron James (Jun '09) Jul '14 laker 5
CEOs as government saviors: Boom or bust? Jul '14 Viet Nam Veteran 17
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••