Wolseley may put Stock Building Suppl...

Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale block

There are 10254 comments on the Triangle Business Journal story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale block. In it, Triangle Business Journal reports that:

Wolseley CEO Chip Hornsby may be mulling options for one of the London parent's U.S. units, Stock Building Supply of Raleigh.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Triangle Business Journal.

First Prev
of 513
Next Last
cheetos

Orlando, FL

#10481 Feb 22, 2013
Nice job boys, but don't worry you'll make it up in volumn.

"Builders First Source Dallas, narrowed its fourth-quarter net loss to $12.05 million from $16.7 million a year earlier."
Ex Sturtevant Employee

Racine, WI

#10484 Jun 11, 2013
D Noonan wrote:
It is a joke but it really isn't......she should be made to smell the glove.
I haven't read this comment board in 5 years.
And to think, Macombe Employee was carrying water for the doucherton s since day one.
I just want to take the time and thank you again Noonan for coining the phrase "smell the glove".
You've made my half decade.

Now.....make it happen.
fenton

Austin, TX

#10485 Aug 2, 2013
Ex Sturtevant Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read this comment board in 5 years.
And to think, Macombe Employee was carrying water for the doucherton s since day one.
I just want to take the time and thank you again Noonan for coining the phrase "smell the glove".
You've made my half decade.
Now.....make it happen.
get a life

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#10486 Aug 3, 2013
why's this thread got so many damn posts?
FORMER FOLLOWER

South Jordan, UT

#10488 Aug 10, 2013
How are the preps for the IPO going?
smell the glove

Temecula, CA

#10489 Aug 10, 2013
When's to IPO? I can't wait to short this stock!!!!!
smell the glove

Temecula, CA

#10490 Aug 10, 2013
Damn - it was yesterday and I missed it. Oh well - there's still time time short it next week...

Some info:

Downsized Stock IPO Raises $98 Mln

Stock Building Supply Holdings’ initial public offering raised $98 million today, offering 7 million shares at $14 a share, well below the initial $16 to $18 range the company earlier hoped to receive for its offering.

The company offered 4,411,765 shares and certain selling stockholders offered 2,588,235 shares, bringing in nearly $62 million and $36 million respectively. Another 1,050,000 shares may be offered under a 30-day option granted by underwriters. The stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market beginning today under the symbol “STCK.” The offering is expected to close on Aug. 14.

The Raleigh, N.C.-based Stock expects to receive $57.4 million from the IPO after net of underwriting discounts and commissions, and will use the funds to pay approximately $46.2 million of the outstanding balances under the revolving line of credit under its secured credit agreement and to pay fees and expenses related to the offering. The company won’t receive any money from the shares sold by stockholders.

The company had originally planned to sell 8.8 million shares (including 4.4 million from insiders) but cut the shareholder portion by 41%. Stock, the nation's ninth-biggest pro-oriented building material dealer, has operated in the red for years, posting net losses in 2010, 2011, and 2012 totaled $83 million,$54 million, and $36.9 million, respectively.
Ron White

Tomball, TX

#10492 Aug 11, 2013
Wow,,,, The daily chart on Friday looked like a pump and dump. Another million shares coming out within 30 days. The P&L shows nothing but losses,,, Excuse me,,, I just spilled my drink from all the excitement about shorting this wonderful stock. I called my bartender/stock broker,(yes I have one of those) to set this up,,,
dirtyd

Plainfield, IN

#10493 Aug 14, 2013
Ex Stock wrote:
Chesapeake Va is going to continue selling trusses after friday, but not building them. They will be shipped from NC, 3-4 hours away. I wonder how long that can last?
Not long. Delivery cost will get the better of that situation. A local company will start up and sell trusses at a cheaper price because of delivery. Then they can just mark up the trusses to what the need.
Ex Sturtevant

Racine, WI

#10494 Aug 31, 2013
fenton wrote:
<quoted text>
get a life
Thanks to closing if my location, I now have a life. Many of my other fellow employees have also prospered in other fields. I guess we read the writing on the wall.

Last one out, please turn off the lights.
FYI

Denver, CO

#10495 Dec 11, 2013
Ex Sturtevant wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to closing if my location, I now have a life. Many of my other fellow employees have also prospered in other fields. I guess we read the writing on the wall.
Last one out, please turn off the lights.
FAIR WELL, my friends, Regards
Ex Sturtevant

Racine, WI

#10499 Feb 27, 2015
fenton wrote:
<quoted text>
get a life
Since the closing I have developed a life.
Success in the wake of Stock's colossal failures.
Live well.
AOC

Charlotte, NC

#10501 Jun 17, 2015
Curious if anyone is still following this, especially in the Charlotte/Rock Hill market?
EX stutevant

Racine, WI

#10502 Sep 10, 2015
AOC wrote:
Curious if anyone is still following this, especially in the Charlotte/Rock Hill market?
NOPE.
The fat lady has sung.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 513
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Construction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex, Drugs, and Wizards (Jan '16) 14 hr Embriano 666 16
News Contamination rages on years after base closes (May '08) Aug 23 Mom 9
News Warren Buffett Says Pace of U.S. Economic Growt... Aug 15 Blu Loony 1
News AERT Hit With Class Action Suit Over ChoiceDeck (Mar '08) Aug 12 Kenneth Wilson 160
News Equipment-maker Caterpillar to locate offices i... Jul '16 LAVON AFFAIR 4
CCDC4 Unit Price Contract Jul '16 KFN 1
Industrial Construction (Mar '15) Jul '16 Jessie4harrison 4
More from around the web