Wolseley may put Stock Building Suppl...

Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale block

There are 10254 comments on the Triangle Business Journal story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale block. In it, Triangle Business Journal reports that:

Wolseley CEO Chip Hornsby may be mulling options for one of the London parent's U.S. units, Stock Building Supply of Raleigh.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Triangle Business Journal.

forty four magnum

United States

#10435 Mar 23, 2012
Poovey is one piece of trash just collecting a paycheck. Could not make improvements to save jobs. Just his own! Should have been gone.
Justice 4 All

Fort Mill, SC

#10436 Mar 25, 2012
forty four magnum wrote:
Poovey is one piece of trash just collecting a paycheck. Could not make improvements to save jobs. Just his own! Should have been gone.
He's still in Rock Hill, SC store (only "Charlotte" location left), he's the same....now it's commercial drywall and metal studs. He survived by pushing his loyal "friends" under every bus that had his name on it.
Ed The Head

Chapel Hill, NC

#10438 Mar 30, 2012
Can't believe you losers are still making noise, wishing your misery on others. Stock is doing fine. Get over it, tool bags,
Ed The Head

Chapel Hill, NC

#10439 Mar 30, 2012
Bossman wrote:
Big changes in triangle market today. Pro-build's ED, KL, SC all went to Sanford B.S. along with CG and DG from sbs.
OOOOH. Big changes. The Goldstons would do anything Kn tells them to do. They won't last a year.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10440 Apr 3, 2012
Ed The Head wrote:
Can't believe you losers are still making noise, wishing your misery on others. Stock is doing fine. Get over it, tool bags,
Sounds like their doing great...still closing locations, eliminating employees, reducing benefits, not giving raises or bonuses.....if that's your idea of doing fine, then it sounds like you have enjoyed drinking the koolaid they've been serving.
Ed The Head

Chapel Hill, NC

#10441 Apr 7, 2012
Automatic65 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like their doing great...still closing locations, eliminating employees, reducing benefits, not giving raises or bonuses.....if that's your idea of doing fine, then it sounds like you have enjoyed drinking the koolaid they've been serving.
Ooooh. A koolaid slam. Original. Not closing locations or reducing benefits or any significant layoffs. Nobody's giving raises or bonuses except the feds. Sorry, but those are facts.
sceptic

Pleasant Grove, UT

#10442 Apr 10, 2012
Ed The Head wrote:
<quoted text>Ooooh. A koolaid slam. Original. Not closing locations or reducing benefits or any significant layoffs. Nobody's giving raises or bonuses except the feds. Sorry, but those are facts.
So what happened to Buttars in Texas?

Location hidden

#10443 Apr 17, 2012
Ed The Head wrote:
<quoted text>Ooooh. A koolaid slam. Original. Not closing locations or reducing benefits or any significant layoffs. Nobody's giving raises or bonuses except the feds. Sorry, but those are facts.
Wrong! Bonuses and raises are being given. You my friend are miss informed and apparently turning blue from all the koolaid you have been drinking. However, it is very comforting to know the mighty Stock Building Supply is doing so well and they will probably be initating the paperwork to make that highly desirable stock available through their IPO. I'm sure the investor community will all be clammoring to get their hands on it....NOT!
cheetos

Orlando, FL

#10444 Apr 20, 2012
BFS Improves 1Q Net Loss to $19 Million Behind 35% Sales Jump....
Loss improves to $ 19 Million??, don't think I'd be proud of that number
CB45dNNW

Raleigh, NC

#10445 Apr 20, 2012
i wonder how much begging is involved in making a sale these days at Stock!?
Really

Charlotte, NC

#10446 Apr 20, 2012
CB45dNNW wrote:
i wonder how much begging is involved in making a sale these days at Stock!?
you dont have to beg when you "take the order"
eskimo pie man

Raleigh, NC

#10447 Apr 24, 2012
Stock has NO salesman. They are all order takers. When you give material away there is no begging or salesmanship required. Heck, most of those guys in Raleigh couldn't figure the trim for a 12x12 room that required only baseboard. The same holds true at ProBuild now as well. If you want a salesman that knows what he is doing then find you an Independent Lumber yard and deal with those guys!!
Really

Charlotte, NC

#10448 Apr 27, 2012
eskimo pie man wrote:
Stock has NO salesman. They are all order takers. When you give material away there is no begging or salesmanship required. Heck, most of those guys in Raleigh couldn't figure the trim for a 12x12 room that required only baseboard. The same holds true at ProBuild now as well. If you want a salesman that knows what he is doing then find you an Independent Lumber yard and deal with those guys!!
gentlemen.... we have a winner. well said...
Justice 4 All

Fort Mill, SC

#10449 May 17, 2012
Ed The Head wrote:
So Kurtz is gone now too and Butts who was to be your installed sales savior as well......
Sounds like everything is fine Ed. How much of your loss last year was directly attributable to you and the bloated corporate purchasing department?

Location hidden

#10450 May 22, 2012
Well I see that Stock continues to fall down the Pro Sales 100 list.....I guess you have to be fortunate to still be on the list. Is this the year that Stock gets purchased and Gores finally rids itself of this nightmare?
Really

Charlotte, NC

#10451 May 24, 2012
giving material away in that same mindset of gaining market share just doesnt work. keep selling those ext doors and windows for 10% or less. see how long that will keep the lights on.
forty four magnum

United States

#10452 Jun 8, 2012
Oh, did I mention...Boswell is a worthless piece of shit!
bent knee

United States

#10453 Jun 12, 2012
Boswell been seen at Beeson looking for a job. What does he know ? I agree he's'worthless
Really

Charlotte, NC

#10454 Jun 15, 2012
best line from a customer who currently buys from a one of the big 4, "Im tired of buying lumber from Democrats"
Postal

Taylorsville, NC

#10455 Jun 19, 2012
forty four magnum wrote:
44 Magnum why don't you use your gun on yourself and put yourself out our misery? You are one hateful individual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Construction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex, Drugs, and Wizards Thu MADOFF ZIONISM 8
News Equipment-maker Caterpillar to locate offices i... Wed BDS 1
News Oshkosh Corp (OSK) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" at ... Wed madoff zionism 1
News Cemex sells Lyons cement plant, other assets to... Wed sodastream pollutes 1
News Buffett Chides College for Not Cutting Tuition ... Wed BDS the ziotards 1
News Thousands Join Shingle Lawsuit (Aug '08) Wed CORP CRIME REPORT 117
News America's 2nd-largest homebuilder outlines why ... Wed PULTE pollutes 2
More from around the web