Foreign workers on London sites
Rod Mc Auley

UK

#21 May 22, 2007
Big Bryan wrote:
I am a steelfixer with over 20 years' experience and I would be interested to hear other views from the construction world, not just steelfixers, on the flood of foreign workers onto London (and probably elsewhere) building sites. It seems to me that there will come a day in the not too distant future (and I'm seeing signs of it now) when it will no longer be possible for British construction workers to get employment on London building sites due to all jobs being taken over by foreign immigrants, as like as not with no work permits. I can command a wage of up to £150 per day due to my skill and experience and on day one will find myself working alongside foreign men whose ability and knowledge to do the job is quite frankly laughable. They cannot even speak basic English which just makes the health and safety requirements on a building site (compulsory induction at the start of employment amongst other things) a complete joke - at best unsafe, at worst illegal. Why would any rightminded person take these people on? The answer is these men will work for something like £50 per day - say no more. From recent experience, it seems to me that your experienced steelfixer (ES) will get taken on at the start of a job at a justified wage of, say,£150 per day and a number of foreigners will be taken on alongside at, from what I can gather, approximately £50 per day, a big difference in the pockets of the big cheese bosses. ES is then expected to show the foreigners the ropes (or at least let them observe) before getting paid off himself after a matter of weeks in order to keep the foreigners on at a pittance of a wage thereby saving the bosses a large amount of money. These men, as I said before, tie with BOTH hands (other steelfixers will relate to this!), cannot speak English and they are responsible for the basic structure of a building! Not a very safe option I would have thought. I can't help thinking it will all end in tears, and not just on the part of the jobless thousands of British workers. If you're not working the half shift this Saturday, you will know the reason why! I concede there are foreign workers who are an asset to the country workwise, but the vast majority, in my experience, are not. Anyone else got a view on this?
Hear hear, i could not agree more, i'm in the game 18 years and me and a few others are having major problems getting work, what do you? You join a nationalist trade union run by Brits for Brits (and Irish too, they have it worse that us) www.solidaritytradeunion.org and get involved in putting spanners in the works, doing a detailed survey of the labour situation on a site and then calling immigration on 02072381419 and giving a report is a grea thing to do, they WILL survey the site and raid it, check all the papres and detain any illegals, at a cost of £££££'s a man to the greedy subby who is screwing us all, why not? The Immigration people love to hear from you ;-))))
Rod Mc Auley

UK

#22 May 22, 2007
johnny old nips wrote:
only a strong union and every fixer to have written qualifications will help . dump the lump its a bluffers paradise. join U.C.A.T.T.today
F.U.C.K. ucatt, they sold out the workers on ctrl 105 at kings cross in 2004, told the workers that paye contract was GREAT, limiting their holiday pay and making 70% of wages into bonus, well-taxman had last laugh, the company got fished for £200+ million and there is more to come. They have not the strength to keep out foreign workers now.... a nationalist union is the only way www.solidaritytradeunion.org
Rod Mc Auley

UK

#23 May 22, 2007
40 mill lil wrote:
same in jersey. polaks, totally incompetant. working for £50, or less a shift. cant tie. cant read drawings, but working whilst the fixers are doing nought. grim times ahead
www.solidaritytradeunion.org
Rod Mc Auley

UK

#24 May 22, 2007
form worka wrote:
workin in leicester as a formworker full of romanians dont speak a word of english puttin us outa work why should young lads want to get into the game wen these C***s are makin them work for pennys. also the pakis taken over the concrete work no job for the english boys there no good here fair enuff if they were doctors or clever but fuck um vote BNP n go paki bashin
www.solidaritytradeunion.org
Tom the Grafter

Derby, UK

#26 Jun 29, 2007
Get used to it fellas. Thats Life. Do you all seriously think its different in other trades, even in management ? The best you can do is make sure you look after number one because nobody else will. As for the "Irish" standing around smoking Taff. All of the foremen i ve worked with over the last fifteen years could soon recognise a dosser and get rid of him. If it was nt for the Irish showing you lazy taffys how to build you would all still be down your coal mines coughing your black lungs out. Maybe thats where you belong.
Mercy Benson

Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire

#27 Jun 29, 2007
Avenue 35 Rue 20 Treichville,
Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire.
(Old Ivory Cost)
Dearest One,
Compliments of the day.How are you, your business and family? I hope all is well.I decided to communicate with you about my present condition with my only junior brother.
I am Mercy Benson daughter of the late ENGR. FERICOH BENSON of Free town Sierra Leone with my brother Peter.I am a young brother from the family of two because my beloved mother died on the day my younger brother was delivered and my father refused to re-marry immediately because he is the only child of his parents and don't want anybody that will maltreat us due to the love he has for us.
My late father Engr.Fericoh Benson was the Managing Director (MD) of BETAX PLC a Gold and Diamond Mining corporation company. During the time of his service he was a very devoted and God fearing person. This cause his fellow staff to hate him because he always refuse to collaborate with them in doing evil.
So one evening october 2004 when I was coming back with my dad from shopping in his own private car we ran into bandits(hired assasins) who were totally armed they trace us till we reach home.There they attacked us, my father pleaded with them to take everything he has and spare his life. They took everything and also shot him three times on his chest and left with a word saying( That they were hired to kill him) My father died in cold blood. We have ran out of that our old residence and living now with our church servant of God for security and sipiritual upliftment immediately after the burial of my father.The problem we are facing is that my father's business wicked staffs is hunting for us to kill so as to eliminate any thing concerning our father.Our uncle whom we thought that could help us carry on with life, turned to show us the worst part of life by taking all our valuable prperties including cash money,landed prperties and my father's car living us with nothing with an open confession that he will kill us if found that we still have any other thing remaining mostly money.
The only hope for me and my junior brother to live and continue our eduction lies on you to help us come in as my late father's foreign business to work with a bank here where my father made a fixed/suspense deposit of US$12.5M with my name as the next of kin.When I went to the bank here with the deposit documents which my late father gave me for confirmation and to see if they can give us money from it.The bank officer presicly told me that is true that I'm the next of kin but the deposit clause and the nature of the deposit doesn't warrant them withdrawing any money from it until is transferred to a foreign account of his business partner which was exactly what my father told me before he took his last breath.
Please I'm on my knees appealing that you help me out of this problem to have this fund transferred to your account after which I and my brother will have our way to your country to spend all our live,continue our education while you invest part of the money for us in profit yelding venture.
To appreciate this your concern and help to us, we have decided to thank you with 25% of this whole fund as your benefit.Then you have extra 5% to replace any expenses,finacially and materially and whatever it will cost you making this dream a success so as to make all what you receive 30%.Please help us as we don't have any other hope than on you and with every believe you will not disappoint or deny us this our last hope.The most important thing again is for you to assure me of the maximum confidentiality of this until the end of this fund transfer to your account because of security wise.
If you can help us please let me know as I am waiting to hear from you soon.
Thanks and remain bless,
Mercy Benson.
ff bbbbb

Leicester, UK

#28 Aug 8, 2007
same in london
david lodge

Stockport, UK

#29 Oct 14, 2007
Tom the Grafter wrote:
Get used to it fellas. Thats Life. Do you all seriously think its different in other trades, even in management ? The best you can do is make sure you look after number one because nobody else will. As for the "Irish" standing around smoking Taff. All of the foremen i ve worked with over the last fifteen years could soon recognise a dosser and get rid of him. If it was nt for the Irish showing you lazy taffys how to build you would all still be down your coal mines coughing your black lungs out. Maybe thats where you belong.
idoit ant even put your real name the welsh are the true englishman
david lodge

Stockport, UK

#30 Oct 14, 2007
it was those men who was fighting for freedom that went down the mines after the war to keep fools like you warm and they are a lot prouder than you are to be welsh
ACHILLSTEELFIXER

Ireland

#31 Nov 7, 2007
I WAS ON BETTER MONEY TWEENTY YEARS AGO CHEAP LABOUR BALLOUX THE GAME UP
pete_fixer

Leyland, UK

#32 Feb 1, 2008
hey fallas, cant beat em join em, the art is to find a way of getting something back, we have all been pushed out(cheers bliar) now you have to find a way of getting there hard earned little cash from them, just take time out and think of something that they need or something that they think they need, i know i have.
tony

Darlington, UK

#33 Feb 25, 2008
if you want to get the job done quckly you can have albanian steel fixers. if the job is for 1 week they can finish it in 2 days, but the only problem is that they want lots of money, no one works under £200 a day. if some of you guys worked with albanian you should know them very well how good they.
pete_fixer

Maidstone, UK

#34 Feb 26, 2008
LETS NUKE EM!!!
pc fixer

Faversham, UK

#36 Apr 29, 2008
up north is just the same with many firms finishing the english lads in favour of the 'false economy eastern europeans'.i just hope at some point they all return home and leave these greedy firms unmanned and unable to deliver the contract, leaving them with huge bills and forcing the money from their pockets rather than taking it from ours. or is this just my imagination of an ideal future??
larry o

Leeds, UK

#37 Jun 3, 2008
same in nr ireland like their everywhere no one can get a look in
Donald Duck Mac Innes

London, UK

#38 Sep 26, 2008
Donald MacDuck from Hackney - One really pissed off steelfixer with 25 years experience.
Given a squad of East Euro's to knock into shape, then dumped by the firm once I'd trained them up.
Most of them were stupid and lazy - I should have used the bull whip on them.
Never again!
God help the Olympics.
skinhead

UK

#39 Oct 15, 2008
i dont like theese people coming over, good hard working englishmen and women are loosing their jobs that theyve had 4 years in a second for 1na theese border jumpers. why isnt it like other countrys were you have to get visaz and green cards etc. all they have ta do is jump on a lorry and as soon as they get here they pretty much get given a life 4 free when us british are struggling every day so im say f?ck em an go back to ya own country and f?ck that one up instead of ours ya d?ck heads!!!!!!!!!!
stephen

Bradford, UK

#40 Oct 24, 2008
things are getting bad but 85% of british fixers are dossers so why not give the rest a chance.rather have 4 poles than 2 dossers.6506
garry pollitt

Ireland

#41 Mar 30, 2009
its dog eat dog now the poles are usless but there cheap
para handy

London, UK

#42 Apr 29, 2009
were to start poles turks pakis f u c k them all. its not just them that started all this the subbies have dun it aswell under cutting and knifing c unts in the back to get jobs. thats why theres no money in this game. if all the subbies stuck together about 30 years ago with the same price we would all be living like kings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Construction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 Homebuilders To Avoid, 1 To Consider Now (Feb '12) Dec 2 zionist swamp 7
News PulteGroup Inc. (PHM) Bond Prices Fall 1.8% Dec 2 zionist swamp 2
News pulte homes (Sep '11) Dec 1 MOSAIC Sinkholes 7
News Oversight body approved for Amtrak's $24 bln Ga... Nov 19 Philosophic 3
News a Dna methylation biomarker of alcohol consumption Nov 16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Universal Forest Products closes five plants, p... (Jan '08) Nov '16 Karma 16
News Arnold Schneider's Best-Performing Stocks Oct '16 TRUMP U is evil 1
More from around the web