Group tracks complaints from Metro-North riders

In an annual report released Thursday, a state appointed watchdog group highlighted overcrowding, looming service cuts and possible fare hikes as major issues for Metro-North Railroad commuters. Full Story
abc

North Brunswick, NJ

#1 Jan 15, 2009
Passengers should pick up after themselves instead of throwing garbage on the floors, but lately I am also seeing a lot of rat droppings. This is disgusting and a health hazard. And I'm not imagining this. I have a pet white rat (and clean up after her) and know what they look like. These come from wild rats that carry parasites and who knows what else. The subways are cleaner than the New Haven cars.
The Commissioner

New York, NY

#2 Jan 16, 2009
Its funny that the New Haven Line transports more titans of industry and Wall Street than any other line, but it sucks the most. I see Barton Biggs on the train all the time.
Obamas Brain

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jan 16, 2009
Hey I have a complaint, those idiots on their cell phones are really annoying, the cell phones are one thing but the nextel walkie talkies are even worse. Combine that with a person speaking another language and you have a total mess. I would not want to see cell phones banned on the train (even though it is my pet peeve) I just wish people had some damn manners.

Those rat droppings could of fallen off the illegal aliens that ride the train.
The Commissioner

New York, NY

#4 Jan 16, 2009
Obamas Brain wrote:
Hey I have a complaint, those idiots on their cell phones are really annoying, the cell phones are one thing but the nextel walkie talkies are even worse. Combine that with a person speaking another language and you have a total mess. I would not want to see cell phones banned on the train (even though it is my pet peeve) I just wish people had some damn manners.
Those rat droppings could of fallen off the illegal aliens that ride the train.
I agree. Most people follow the unspoken ettiquette of almost no speaking on the train. I hate when tourists recreational people fail to notice that!
The truth

Meriden, CT

#5 Jan 16, 2009
Hey Commish,
You see Biggs on your daily commute from Linthicum Heights, MD. I don't think so
The Commissioner

New York, NY

#6 Jan 20, 2009
The truth wrote:
Hey Commish,
You see Biggs on your daily commute from Linthicum Heights, MD. I don't think so
I grew up in and live in Stamford. I take the 6:33AM train from Stamford (Semi-Express) to NYC.
Vox Pop

Amston, CT

#7 Jan 20, 2009
The Commissioner wrote:
Its funny that the New Haven Line transports more titans of industry and Wall Street than any other line, but it sucks the most. I see Barton Biggs on the train all the time.
It's Metro North's stepchild.
The Harlem and Hudson lines were New York Central.

And it's always been seen as "trouble."
Partial blame for that has been placed on Bridgeport's once influential WICC-AM radio station, the first to do on-air reports of late trains (sound familiar?) as well as the first traffic reporter in the air, Morgan Kaolian. And that goes back several decades. Dan Brucker still hates them.

You're right about the under exertion of influence.
The New Haven line should be a lot better.
mike

Bronx, NY

#8 Jul 12, 2012
These trains are never o time!! I take a 6 05 am train to grand central station and everyday im Late becouse train comes at 6 15am !!! Either add more mornig trains or keep up with your schedule im being charged xtra to ride on peak train do your part and get me to work on time!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Construction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NM construction industry impacted by immigratio... 10 hr STFU 2
Sealaska lands legislation could move with defe... Dec 18 Jaimie 2
curtain walling Dec 16 henry45 1
Commercial Construction Dec 5 Ted Smith 1
N.C. company eyes Clover property for quarry site (May '14) Dec 5 Jason 4
Construction jobs Senior Project Manager Team (Feb '11) Dec 3 Ted Smith 2
Here's how homebuilders are standardizing solar... Dec 3 Gary Puntman 1
More from around the web