Rally, lawsuit allege racism at Turne...

Rally, lawsuit allege racism at Turner Industries

There are 54 comments on the Houston Chronicle story from Jan 31, 2011, titled Rally, lawsuit allege racism at Turner Industries. In it, Houston Chronicle reports that:

The Rev. Ronald Wright speaks during a rally in Houston on Monday, urging a probe of Turner Industries Group of Baton Rouge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houston Chronicle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LMAO

Arlington, TX

#42 Feb 14, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you and your homies are the ones who need to get over it. Get over the Confederate flag, get over your n word.Get over your KKK. Get over your nooses. Because right about now, its costing you big money and may cost you your jobs.
YOU are telling someone to get over the Confederate Flag and the n worD??? lol You, with your cinstant harping on racial issues. You are the one who needs to get over it!. So, your ancestors might have been slaves.... So What??? So, your grandma might have taken care of somew white babies.... So What??? So, some blacks were hanged for rape, theft, murder, etc.....So What?? That was a long time ago. GET OVER IT!!!!! So, You will NEVER be white.......GET OVER IT!!!!Accept it and shut the heck up!!!
Jim Crow

United States

#43 Feb 14, 2011
Lexicon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. He didn't "win" a law suit. The Turner family mistakenly thought that it would be cheaper to pay him a little than to keep the suit going. They found out pretty quickly how greedy all you poor mistreated black folks are. carl did break the restrictions put on his pay off. As in any settlement, both parties agree to certain things. carl agreed to not get involved in any further action against Turner and likewise agreed to not tell the amount of the settlement. He failed on both and now that he has spent the little bit he got, he is trying to get involved with the new group that are standing there with their hand out. Turner (the owners) will not settle again. The EEOC wants no part of the latest group and the lawyer is already fighting a law suit brought by Turner. The talk is the Turner legal team is going to go after carl and the other three that settled for breaking the terms of the settlement. So no crow, carl nor the others have any right to do what they are doing and it will cost them. I am hoping they bring charges against the EEOC for the pitiful "investigation" they did. The obama lovers there just took carl and his posse's word and didn't bother to even try to find out the truth. The Paris plant will not be closing but old carl may be washing dishes to try to pay his settlement back since his "car lot" didn't do so well. I think everyone knew he would fail so no surprises there. I am a Christian but I think Karma might have bit old carl right in the butt.
I don't know how you look at it but if I sue you for money because you harmed me and you end up just handing over the money for whatever reason without me having to prove my case in court, I won my lawsuit. A settlement is a win. Turner can go after whoever they want and they can have idiots like you as their spokesperson but it won't do them a bit of good. Sounds like you idiots are grasping at very short straws. If saying Carl had a meeting or showed a check is what you plan on using in court as evidence of wrongdoings, the Turner lawyers must be really stupid. Its hearsay and idle gossip. Oh you're "Christian"? You know what a Christian is? A Christian is anybody who attends a Christian church and claims Christianity as their religion and thats it. It has nothing to do with morals or character. It doesn't make you good or bad. Some of the worst people in the U.S. have been Christians.
Jim Crow

United States

#44 Feb 14, 2011
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text> YOU are telling someone to get over the Confederate Flag and the n worD??? lol You, with your cinstant harping on racial issues. You are the one who needs to get over it!. So, your ancestors might have been slaves.... So What??? So, your grandma might have taken care of somew white babies.... So What??? So, some blacks were hanged for rape, theft, murder, etc.....So What?? That was a long time ago. GET OVER IT!!!!! So, You will NEVER be white.......GET OVER IT!!!!Accept it and shut the heck up!!!
But I'm not the one who's being sued for being racist. I'm not the one who's about to lose a plant because of being racist. Thats you Confederate loving racist graffiti loving and n word loving whites. You think its all because everybody not white is wanting to be white? Lol. You're an idiot.
candy

Paris, TX

#45 Feb 14, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm not the one who's being sued for being racist. I'm not the one who's about to lose a plant because of being racist. Thats you Confederate loving racist graffiti loving and n word loving whites. You think its all because everybody not white is wanting to be white? Lol. You're an idiot.
You should be sued for being racist.
Jim Crow

United States

#46 Feb 14, 2011
candy wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be sued for being racist.
Nice comeback. You think it up all by yourself?

Since: Mar 10

Temple, TX

#47 Feb 14, 2011
I knew one of the main colored boys that started all the racist complaining at Turner. Worked with him on a different job. Now, I do not condone racism. This particular colored boy was a vocal muslim (spelled that lower-case because I disrespect the muslim religion) who was consistently rude to white people. He also seemed to hate the idea of having to show up on a schedule and then have to follow work direction from bosses in order to draw a paycheck. Well, I guess "getting paid" to back off was more his style than holding down a job, or standing his ground if in fact somebody was behaving inappropriately toward him. Me, I've held the same job for 30 years, have experienced mistreatment, but have NEVER looked for free money. Shame on them!
Lexicon

Baton Rouge, LA

#48 Feb 15, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how you look at it but if I sue you for money because you harmed me and you end up just handing over the money for whatever reason without me having to prove my case in court, I won my lawsuit. A settlement is a win. Turner can go after whoever they want and they can have idiots like you as their spokesperson but it won't do them a bit of good. Sounds like you idiots are grasping at very short straws. If saying Carl had a meeting or showed a check is what you plan on using in court as evidence of wrongdoings, the Turner lawyers must be really stupid. Its hearsay and idle gossip. Oh you're "Christian"? You know what a Christian is? A Christian is anybody who attends a Christian church and claims Christianity as their religion and thats it. It has nothing to do with morals or character. It doesn't make you good or bad. Some of the worst people in the U.S. have been Christians.
They did win the settlement but you have a lot of trouble understanding anything. You and actually must have gone to the same school. To "win" a suit, it must be brought up in court. Yeah, carl and his groupies got paid a little money in hopes they would just go away. Of course, once they wasted the little they got, they tried to come back to the trough. You know nothing about the law or what you can or can't do. You are so used to crying racist about anything you don't agree with you can't see for the crap in your eyes. You are nothing. carl and group are nothing but a small splinter in the foot. It will be extracted. Eventually, Americans will take this country back and people like you will be extracted. This country does not need hater racists of any color. You are as bad as any KKK member. You hate because of color. You are greedy and want to be paid for things that happened a century ago. You and your kind think it is your right to remain ignorant and live off the largesse of working people. I am praying for that change obama promised but not his type of change. If he gets his way we will be bowing to Mecca 5 times a day. If you get your way, Paris will turn into a ghost town of empty buildings with nothing but drug dealers and welfare parasites. Old Rev. Wright spoke at a rally in Houston against racism with his background? That is like John Gacy speaking out against violence and murder. It is sad that people like you that either can't or won't work and make a place in society think they can just take it from people willing to work. The times they are a'changing.
doitbig

Dallas, TX

#49 Feb 15, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>Nice comeback. You think it up all by yourself?
How bout this Jim you are more racist than anybody because you have some sort of need to bash whites all the time you sorry piece of trash
Jim Crow

United States

#50 Feb 15, 2011
doitbig wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout this Jim you are more racist than anybody because you have some sort of need to bash whites all the time you sorry piece of trash
I don't want to bash you, I want to sue you. I don't want to see you in hell, I want to see you in jail.
Lucky Duck

Fort Worth, TX

#51 Aug 6, 2011
smell that money wrote:
The Paris blacks who filed the lawsuit got paid. Blacks at other plans want their money, too. Always follow the money.
How can I get a taste of the pie!! Ha Ha
groovy

Lake City, FL

#52 Aug 7, 2011
wasnt there a white guy on the paris lawsuit too?
Jim Crow

Arlington, TX

#53 Aug 7, 2011
groovy wrote:
wasnt there a white guy on the paris lawsuit too?
There were several.
Lexicon

Baton Rouge, LA

#54 Aug 8, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
There were several.
Yeah, there were a couple that were fired for busting a drug test, but of course, their take was they were fired for taking up for their black friends. They didn't get any money by the way. The 2nd law suit from last year didn't get anything either. Turner passed their nuclear certification and is bidding on nuclear work. Getting really busy out there right now with a lot of overtime.
The Man

United States

#55 Aug 7, 2012
Who ever don't like what these employees are doing standing up for themselves then let them keep living like they are prisoners

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Construction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PulteGroup beats Street 1Q forecasts on sales b... Apr 22 INDICT Rich Dugas 1
News Sex, Drugs, and Wizards Apr 22 INDICT Rich Dugas 6
News Warren Buffett's 5 Highest-Yielding Dividend St... (May '15) Apr 22 APARTHEID bankrupt 2
News Thousands Join Shingle Lawsuit (Aug '08) Apr 15 Judges Indabag 116
News America's 2nd-largest homebuilder outlines why ... Apr 4 Go Blue Forever 1
News Warren Buffett Admits Renewable Energy Is Big T... Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Buffett: Politicians way too negative about U.S. Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 34
More from around the web