Rally, lawsuit allege racism at Turne...

Rally, lawsuit allege racism at Turner Industries

There are 54 comments on the Houston Chronicle story from Jan 31, 2011, titled Rally, lawsuit allege racism at Turner Industries. In it, Houston Chronicle reports that:

The Rev. Ronald Wright speaks during a rally in Houston on Monday, urging a probe of Turner Industries Group of Baton Rouge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houston Chronicle.

wally cleaver

Paris, TX

#22 Feb 5, 2011
shut down turner shut down turner shut down turner
BrianTnTx

United States

#23 Feb 6, 2011
Should I have filed a lawsuit when the black customers walked into the Philly FootLocker and refused to allow a White man to wait on them? Or isn't that racism?

Martin Luther King Jr said "I have a dream where my children will live in a country where they are judged NOT by the color of their skin, but by the CONTENT of their character." What does it say about the content of the character of people who demand that only they can use racial slurs? What does it say about the content of the character of people who promote illegal activity including murder of poice officers in the lyrics of their music? Does that truly reflect the content of character that the late Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr would've found acceptable? If you are looking for heroes in the black community, they are there. They're the ones with advanced college degrees, professional positions, those pro athletes who have parlayed their earnings into vast investment portfolios or profitable businesses. Not the multiple conviction felons with little or no education who just happened to get lucky in the rap music business. Had those people used their brains for more than criminal pursuits, they'd probably be doctors, lawyers or other professionals. How many of them will have that fortune in 10 years? Will Smith will, Queen Latifah (a singer with a WONDERFUL voice, get her Dana Owens album if you want to hear some beautiful singing.)will, P Diddy will. Snoop Dogg MIGHT if he stops acting like he's back in the hood. The rest will probably be completely forgotten in 10 years. What's the difference? CONTENT OF CHARACTER. Michael Vick learned the hard way. He's trying to give back and redirect young people away from his mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, the difference is that content of character determines whether they learn from them or not.
True Texan

Paris, TX

#24 Feb 6, 2011
You know Mr. Crow seems like a person with a troubled heart, I work a lot of 2nd shift during my days of work and would listen to the younger men talk they spoke of a recreation place in Mexico to visit if you need to relax maybe if Mr. Crow went there it might help him. He could come back with a refreshed mind and maybe work with Turner and help solve the problem instead of trying to put hundreds out of work. The name of that place is Boystown. check it out.
Lexicon

Baton Rouge, LA

#25 Feb 7, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
People who discriminate need to start accepting responsibility for their actions. Stop blaming black people for that noose and racist graffiti. Did black racists make Turner have lower pay rates for black employees? Theres some things I love about America and Texas and theres some things I hate about it.Do you love everything about Texas? Black people have been told to stop complaining about racism and just love white people and just get along since they were slaves. You want black people to get along with racism and discrimination. Hell no. I wouldn't travel to other countries to be in the trenches in war killing people who I don't even know and who haven't done anything to me. You like submissiveness and butt kissing in black people. Thats not me so I guess I'll remain hopelsss in your opinion. But I'm ok with that. You still have Buck Cooper, Robert High, Marva Joe, Althea Dixon and the likes. They should bring you hope.
You would climb a tree to tell a lie when you could stand on the ground and tell the truth. Black's make less money? You are an idiot and that is a flat lie. It just so happens that a black person did plant the noose, and could certainly have been responsible for the graffiti. Not you or anyone you know has ever been a slave. Get over it. Blacks have been catered to for the last 45 or so years. Changes had to be made and they were but it is never enough nor will it ever be enough for people like you. You are a hater and you are not very bright either. You denigrate anyone that works and tries to get along and alienate anyone else you talk to other than other radicals. You are a pitiful example of what is wrong with this country.
Cutie paris girl

United States

#26 Feb 8, 2011
Yall need to quit living in the past live for the future. Thank god u have jobs,homes,money, I am I wouldnt put myself in the position that all of yall are people need to have respect for each other through the future we have left. Yall need to get along together. People need to think about all our guys over in iraq fighting for us to live safe over here so we can live our lives. There has already 6,000 of our good guys died for us of all colors, I honor e eryone of them for what they are doing for our country,so lets all praise what we have in life....
Jim Crow

United States

#27 Feb 9, 2011
BrianTnTx wrote:
Should I have filed a lawsuit when the black customers walked into the Philly FootLocker and refused to allow a White man to wait on them? Or isn't that racism?
Martin Luther King Jr said "I have a dream where my children will live in a country where they are judged NOT by the color of their skin, but by the CONTENT of their character." What does it say about the content of the character of people who demand that only they can use racial slurs? What does it say about the content of the character of people who promote illegal activity including murder of poice officers in the lyrics of their music? Does that truly reflect the content of character that the late Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr would've found acceptable? If you are looking for heroes in the black community, they are there. They're the ones with advanced college degrees, professional positions, those pro athletes who have parlayed their earnings into vast investment portfolios or profitable businesses. Not the multiple conviction felons with little or no education who just happened to get lucky in the rap music business. Had those people used their brains for more than criminal pursuits, they'd probably be doctors, lawyers or other professionals. How many of them will have that fortune in 10 years? Will Smith will, Queen Latifah (a singer with a WONDERFUL voice, get her Dana Owens album if you want to hear some beautiful singing.)will, P Diddy will. Snoop Dogg MIGHT if he stops acting like he's back in the hood. The rest will probably be completely forgotten in 10 years. What's the difference? CONTENT OF CHARACTER. Michael Vick learned the hard way. He's trying to give back and redirect young people away from his mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, the difference is that content of character determines whether they learn from them or not.
Thats stupid. Who would go into a white owned business and where you already know most of the employees are white and expect not to deal with whites. You make no sense. Could be that the white man had done something to them.
Jim Crow

United States

#28 Feb 9, 2011
Cutie paris girl wrote:
Yall need to quit living in the past live for the future. Thank god u have jobs,homes,money, I am I wouldnt put myself in the position that all of yall are people need to have respect for each other through the future we have left. Yall need to get along together. People need to think about all our guys over in iraq fighting for us to live safe over here so we can live our lives. There has already 6,000 of our good guys died for us of all colors, I honor e eryone of them for what they are doing for our country,so lets all praise what we have in life....
Yall need to stop being an idiot. The people fighing in Iraq are not fighting for this county. They're fighting because George Bush claimed there was some weapons of mass destruction that were about to destroy America. That was 9 years ago. No weapons found yet. Those that are dying over there are dying because they were sent over there to kill people who hadn't done anything to them. White people like to see war as something romantic and heroic when its not.
Jim Crow

United States

#29 Feb 9, 2011
Lexicon wrote:
<quoted text>
You would climb a tree to tell a lie when you could stand on the ground and tell the truth. Black's make less money? You are an idiot and that is a flat lie. It just so happens that a black person did plant the noose, and could certainly have been responsible for the graffiti. Not you or anyone you know has ever been a slave. Get over it. Blacks have been catered to for the last 45 or so years. Changes had to be made and they were but it is never enough nor will it ever be enough for people like you. You are a hater and you are not very bright either. You denigrate anyone that works and tries to get along and alienate anyone else you talk to other than other radicals. You are a pitiful example of what is wrong with this country.
I think you and your homies are the ones who need to get over it. Get over the Confederate flag, get over your n word.Get over your KKK. Get over your nooses. Because right about now, its costing you big money and may cost you your jobs.
Well Then

Fort Worth, TX

#30 Feb 9, 2011
You know folks what we have here with ole jimmy boy is like what you would find in a child that has what they call RAD (reactive attachment disorder). Basically it stems from a child having been abused and left with others while mommy or daddy are out doing whatever except for raising that child. Now the end result is that the child can no longer cope with the feeling of isolation/seperation and becomes angry and oulashes at everyone because they trust no one. So it is not your fault that Jimmy wants to snap at you. It is a form of crying out for some kind of attention look at me listen to me i'm important to. This kind of behavior does not know consequence and therefore doesn't understand that there are repricussions for their behavior. Jimmy maybe you should consider a Psychologist to help you cope with what ailes you. Medicine such as Respidol can slow things down so you can better understand that not everyone is out to get you buddy. Typically if you just ignore the childs rant they will calm down and they will learn on their own to develop a coping mechanism, however if you feed into their fit by repsonding to the rant then all you are doing is fueling the fire that the child has control of. In other words just ignore ole JImmy and eventually he will go away on his own.
Texas Jim

Blossom, TX

#31 Feb 9, 2011
heyday wrote:
You whites are very stupid. Now, look what you have done. You have the whole state of Texas Black Turner employees on your ass now. Not just old Carl, anymore. I'm waiting to see how this plays out. Whitie still thinking he can "Bamboozal" the Blacks of this county. You still haven't realized yet, that the Blacks, out-think you whites by 3 to 1. You forgot their Black president is very smart and has out-thought the white republicans the very same "unique" way. You must remember that the Blacks gave birth to whites through mutation and albinism. So, the children (whites) never out-thinks the parents (Blacks). The parents may let the children get away with certain things, but that doesn't mean they out-thinks them.
I'll have to admit the blacks may be smarter than the whites in America. After all they have found a way to lay on their lazy butts while we give them money,furnish them a place to live,pay them to have more black babys for us to support,and just generally be parasites on the country. You think Obama is smart because so many white people have listened to this racist crap for so long they were starting to belive it. I think Obama has shown the whites that no matter how high up a black man gets he is still not smart enough to run a country or any thing else with out the white people there to pick up after his mistakes. At least after 2012 we won't have this idiot in the whitehouse trying to destroy America and we can be pretty sure there will not be another black president in our life time after he has shown America just how dumb the black race is
Reliable

Dallas, TX

#32 Feb 9, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you and your homies are the ones who need to get over it. Get over the Confederate flag, get over your n word.Get over your KKK. Get over your nooses. Because right about now, its costing you big money and may cost you your jobs.
Wrong again little wanta be panther. Nothing wrong with the Confederate flag. Old carl put the noose up. Everyone knows it. People like you use the dreaded "N" word more than whites but it is ok if you use it. What bs. Turner is going to rake this new batch over the coals and will probably come back on little carl and get that money back since he didn't keep to the non-disclosure clause. Of course, as stupid as he is, he probably didn't know what it meant. The only reason the carl's of this country are getting away with their crap is because of the half black man in the White House. That will change and Lord willing, we will get a decent, smart man, regardless of color that will put a stop to a lot of the crap going around. Racists like you will be outed and probably carry around a few butt kickings until you learn to keep your stupid, racist mouth shut. If you can't do anything to help a problem, you are part of it and 90% of the racial problems in this country are caused by people just like you and carl. You seem to think you are owed because you are black. I have news for you, I don't owe you anything. I have worked for my country, fought and almost died for my country just so idiots like you can demean everything this country stands for. There is a time coming for Real Americans. Too bad there won't be any place at the table or the crow's and carls. Oh Happy Day!!!!
craig

Florissant, MO

#33 Feb 10, 2011
wow! A bunch of racists ***holes in this thread!

The funny thing is, is the caucasians are in the minority now in babies, and will continue to be in the minority. Then, all of you racist folks are just going to be SOL, because all your talk about minorities will be about you. YOU will be the minority.

And I am a caucasian. <shakes head> there is no room for racism any longer in America, and that includes in any direction. The sooner you get it, the sooner we will all live in peace.
over

Gore, OK

#34 Feb 10, 2011
Turner Industries is on the way out. Soon to close the doors!
Lexicon

Baton Rouge, LA

#35 Feb 11, 2011
over wrote:
Turner Industries is on the way out. Soon to close the doors!
Just signed 4 new jobs and management just got back from meeting with the Nuclear Code Committee in Seattle. Contractors to come back in next week to discuss the plans already in place on the new office building. Quotes coming in for clearing the land Turner bought to build the new Nuclear Shop. Yep, sounds like they are almost out the door. I am pretty sure most of the folks here are smart enough not to believe anything a troll brings up. Of course, some are the liars that are trying to get more money from Turner. Just found out today that old carl has been holding meetings at his (ha ha auto dealership). That is another violation of his agreement. Old carl may be washing dishes to pay Turner back the little money they gave him.
cash

Clarksville, TX

#36 Feb 11, 2011
Lexicon wrote:
<quoted text>
Just signed 4 new jobs and management just got back from meeting with the Nuclear Code Committee in Seattle. Contractors to come back in next week to discuss the plans already in place on the new office building. Quotes coming in for clearing the land Turner bought to build the new Nuclear Shop. Yep, sounds like they are almost out the door. I am pretty sure most of the folks here are smart enough not to believe anything a troll brings up. Of course, some are the liars that are trying to get more money from Turner. Just found out today that old carl has been holding meetings at his (ha ha auto dealership). That is another violation of his agreement. Old carl may be washing dishes to pay Turner back the little money they gave him.
nuke shop will be in tigertown
over

Stillwater, OK

#37 Feb 11, 2011
Lexicon wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have very close ties to Turner to know all of that! Then again, alot of Turner employees live in Walker, La!
Jim Crow

United States

#38 Feb 13, 2011
Reliable wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again little wanta be panther. Nothing wrong with the Confederate flag. Old carl put the noose up. Everyone knows it. People like you use the dreaded "N" word more than whites but it is ok if you use it. What bs. Turner is going to rake this new batch over the coals and will probably come back on little carl and get that money back since he didn't keep to the non-disclosure clause. Of course, as stupid as he is, he probably didn't know what it meant. The only reason the carl's of this country are getting away with their crap is because of the half black man in the White House. That will change and Lord willing, we will get a decent, smart man, regardless of color that will put a stop to a lot of the crap going around. Racists like you will be outed and probably carry around a few butt kickings until you learn to keep your stupid, racist mouth shut. If you can't do anything to help a problem, you are part of it and 90% of the racial problems in this country are caused by people just like you and carl. You seem to think you are owed because you are black. I have news for you, I don't owe you anything. I have worked for my country, fought and almost died for my country just so idiots like you can demean everything this country stands for. There is a time coming for Real Americans. Too bad there won't be any place at the table or the crow's and carls. Oh Happy Day!!!!
If I recall, the claim was that the Turner employees were going to be raked over the coals the first time. The claim was Turner was going to court and win. You think Obama helped the black Turner employees? Lol. Lord have mercy.
Jim Crow

United States

#39 Feb 13, 2011
Lexicon wrote:
<quoted text>
Turner has meetings. I don't know if Carl has meetings or not but if he does, he has every right to have a meeting just like Turner does. He sued Turner and won. That doesn't mean Turner owns him or controls him for the rest of his life. I think you work at Turner in management, which explains why Turner keeps getting in trouble. They hired idiots to run the place. Paris plant will be closing and youll be out of a job and itll be your own fault.
Lexicon

Baton Rouge, LA

#40 Feb 14, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
Turner has meetings. I don't know if Carl has meetings or not but if he does, he has every right to have a meeting just like Turner does. He sued Turner and won. That doesn't mean Turner owns him or controls him for the rest of his life. I think you work at Turner in management, which explains why Turner keeps getting in trouble. They hired idiots to run the place. Paris plant will be closing and youll be out of a job and itll be your own fault.
Wrong again. He didn't "win" a law suit. The Turner family mistakenly thought that it would be cheaper to pay him a little than to keep the suit going. They found out pretty quickly how greedy all you poor mistreated black folks are. carl did break the restrictions put on his pay off. As in any settlement, both parties agree to certain things. carl agreed to not get involved in any further action against Turner and likewise agreed to not tell the amount of the settlement. He failed on both and now that he has spent the little bit he got, he is trying to get involved with the new group that are standing there with their hand out. Turner (the owners) will not settle again. The EEOC wants no part of the latest group and the lawyer is already fighting a law suit brought by Turner. The talk is the Turner legal team is going to go after carl and the other three that settled for breaking the terms of the settlement. So no crow, carl nor the others have any right to do what they are doing and it will cost them. I am hoping they bring charges against the EEOC for the pitiful "investigation" they did. The obama lovers there just took carl and his posse's word and didn't bother to even try to find out the truth. The Paris plant will not be closing but old carl may be washing dishes to try to pay his settlement back since his "car lot" didn't do so well. I think everyone knew he would fail so no surprises there. I am a Christian but I think Karma might have bit old carl right in the butt.
Lexicon

Baton Rouge, LA

#41 Feb 14, 2011
over wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have very close ties to Turner to know all of that! Then again, alot of Turner employees live in Walker, La!
I have very close ties with Turner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Construction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Equipment-maker Caterpillar to locate offices i... 13 hr JUDGES INDABAG 3
News Sex, Drugs, and Wizards Jun 21 lavon affair 13
News Dave Bing Slams Local Media, Says They Have No ... (Mar '13) Jun 16 INDICT BERUFF 5
News PulteGroup (PHM) Richard J. Dugas, Jr. on Q3 20... (Nov '15) Jun 16 operation gladio 3
News Warren Buffett's NV Energy Is Losing Customers ... May 29 Solarman 1
News Oshkosh Corp (OSK) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" at ... May '16 madoff zionism 1
News Cemex sells Lyons cement plant, other assets to... May '16 sodastream pollutes 1
More from around the web