Rally, lawsuit allege racism at Turner Industries

The Rev. Ronald Wright speaks during a rally in Houston on Monday, urging a probe of Turner Industries Group of Baton Rouge. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
turner employee

Clarksville, TX

#1 Jan 31, 2011
are we going to have a job in the near future with turner ? are or we going to be working with SHAW ( HOPEFULLY ) im just wondering
Idea

Paris, TX

#2 Feb 1, 2011
turner employee wrote:
are we going to have a job in the near future with turner ? are or we going to be working with SHAW ( HOPEFULLY ) im just wondering
If they stop hiring them they won't be able to file lawsuits.
Curious

United States

#3 Feb 1, 2011
**BAIT**
well

Texarkana, AR

#4 Feb 1, 2011
maybe it is time for the CEO to get off his duff and install hi-tech camera's around these plants and catch the people that are doing these crimes. It is more than likely someone trying to get attention and wanting to file lawsuits.
Shut up

Arlington, TX

#5 Feb 1, 2011
If people who don't even live here, apparently black by the photo, would quit trying to cause trouble, then yes you will have a job. It's not him that will be out of work for stiring shit up, it's good people here in town that will lose. When jobs are lost at a factory then jobs are lost in supporting areas such as stores, where you eat, etc. Why doesn't he cause troble in Houston? BECAUSE he'd wind up as fish bait in the Houston channel!
observation

Paris, TX

#6 Feb 1, 2011
Shut up wrote:
If people who don't even live here, apparently black by the photo, would quit trying to cause trouble, then yes you will have a job. It's not him that will be out of work for stiring shit up, it's good people here in town that will lose. When jobs are lost at a factory then jobs are lost in supporting areas such as stores, where you eat, etc. Why doesn't he cause troble in Houston? BECAUSE he'd wind up as fish bait in the Houston channel!
According to the article they WERE protesting in Houston. They weren't here trying to cause TROBLE.
uwish

Paris, TX

#7 Feb 1, 2011
Idea wrote:
<quoted text>
If they stop hiring them they won't be able to file lawsuits.
That has got to be the most racist statement ive ever read. THAT is why they keep getting sued!!!!! If you werent there then dont say shit. YOU DONT KNOW!!! god bless your soul
uwish

Paris, TX

#8 Feb 1, 2011
And just to make it clear, i am white!!!! Its not about black and white its about them making rules and picking and choosing who has to go by those rules. Its all good tho their stupidity and racism is gona make momma rich!!!!
smell that money

Paris, TX

#9 Feb 1, 2011
The Paris blacks who filed the lawsuit got paid. Blacks at other plans want their money, too. Always follow the money.
Jim Crow

United States

#10 Feb 2, 2011
turner employee wrote:
All outside industries had better think twice before setting up business in Paris. Whites in Paris still don't see anything wrong with the noose, the n word, racist graffiti and mistreatment of blacks at Turner. Since there was a citywide claim by the mayor, city council, Lamar County Commissioners and Chuck Superville that none of that was racist, they haven't learned a thing. Until they learn, racism will continue to be the main news regarding Paris Texas, at least in national news.
Jim Crow

United States

#11 Feb 2, 2011
Shut up wrote:
Those were employees who work for Turner in the Houston area you idiot. Whites being racist caused the trouble. They filed a lawsuit the same time Paris workers did.
Jim Crow

United States

#12 Feb 2, 2011
well wrote:
maybe it is time for the CEO to get off his duff and install hi-tech camera's around these plants and catch the people that are doing these crimes. It is more than likely someone trying to get attention and wanting to file lawsuits.
Black people don't have to plant racism in order to have a discrimination lawsuit. Whites are more than willing to supply all the racism and discrimination they need to push a lawsuit forward. Turner in Paris is being sued again and it partially your city officials and diversity task force's fault. They're going to learn that by trying to blame the victim or trying to hide the problem, it encourages people to continue with the problem. The city of Paris has a high tolerance for discrimination.
doyourjob

Vallejo, CA

#13 Feb 2, 2011
turner employee wrote:
By reading your post, you better hope you have a job there. Don't think the other company wants to deal with the problem!
Lexicon

Baton Rouge, LA

#15 Feb 3, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were employees who work for Turner in the Houston area you idiot. Whites being racist caused the trouble. They filed a lawsuit the same time Paris workers did.
No, blacks lying is what caused the problem and the obama loving EEOC that couldn't investigate itself out of a paper bag. The EEOC can even see the stupidity involved with this latest tripe. Turner has filed suit against the ambulance chaser and we are all hoping they will file against the slander and libel from some of the others. I did hear a rumor that they are going after old carl for running his mouth and showing off his little check. That was against the rules and he is stupid enough to think he is above the rules or like crow, doesn't have to follow any rules because she is black. Surprise!! Ain't gonna work this time around. Folks, when are you going to tar and feather this idiot and get her out of town?
Jim Crow

Grand Prairie, TX

#16 Feb 3, 2011
Lexicon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, blacks lying is what caused the problem and the obama loving EEOC that couldn't investigate itself out of a paper bag. The EEOC can even see the stupidity involved with this latest tripe. Turner has filed suit against the ambulance chaser and we are all hoping they will file against the slander and libel from some of the others. I did hear a rumor that they are going after old carl for running his mouth and showing off his little check. That was against the rules and he is stupid enough to think he is above the rules or like crow, doesn't have to follow any rules because she is black. Surprise!! Ain't gonna work this time around. Folks, when are you going to tar and feather this idiot and get her out of town?
LOL. Its my fault. Its Carls fault. Its the EEOCs fault. Its president Obamas fault. Its everyones fault but the people who discriminated. Turner can file against anyone they want to but its not going to do any good.
anon

Paris, TX

#17 Feb 3, 2011
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
All outside industries had better think twice before setting up business in Paris. Whites in Paris still don't see anything wrong with the noose, the n word, racist graffiti and mistreatment of blacks at Turner. Since there was a citywide claim by the mayor, city council, Lamar County Commissioners and Chuck Superville that none of that was racist, they haven't learned a thing. Until they learn, racism will continue to be the main news regarding Paris Texas, at least in national news.
you are terribly wrong! Most white and black Parisians believe in eqality, and time after time I see White people and some black people helping BLACKS. there may be a handful of white rednecks and a few black racist that is going to cost all the Turner employees their jobs. JC, you hate Paris and are trying to take it down. instead of complaining, what have you done to Help Paris become a better place for all of us. do you love America, Texas, and Paris? if you do please help heal the hate and promote that we all get along. If you don't, IMO you should be tried for treason. If you were in the trenches in war, your white brother fighting with you wouldn't seem so bad. or would you shoot him and join the other side? Please tell me one good thing about you, so that I can have hope.
anon

Paris, TX

#18 Feb 3, 2011
smell that money wrote:
The Paris blacks who filed the lawsuit got paid. Blacks at other plans want their money, too. Always follow the money.
exactly right
Jim Crow

Grand Prairie, TX

#19 Feb 3, 2011
anon wrote:
<quoted text> you are terribly wrong! Most white and black Parisians believe in eqality, and time after time I see White people and some black people helping BLACKS. there may be a handful of white rednecks and a few black racist that is going to cost all the Turner employees their jobs. JC, you hate Paris and are trying to take it down. instead of complaining, what have you done to Help Paris become a better place for all of us. do you love America, Texas, and Paris? if you do please help heal the hate and promote that we all get along. If you don't, IMO you should be tried for treason. If you were in the trenches in war, your white brother fighting with you wouldn't seem so bad. or would you shoot him and join the other side? Please tell me one good thing about you, so that I can have hope.
People who discriminate need to start accepting responsibility for their actions. Stop blaming black people for that noose and racist graffiti. Did black racists make Turner have lower pay rates for black employees? Theres some things I love about America and Texas and theres some things I hate about it.Do you love everything about Texas? Black people have been told to stop complaining about racism and just love white people and just get along since they were slaves. You want black people to get along with racism and discrimination. Hell no. I wouldn't travel to other countries to be in the trenches in war killing people who I don't even know and who haven't done anything to me. You like submissiveness and butt kissing in black people. Thats not me so I guess I'll remain hopelsss in your opinion. But I'm ok with that. You still have Buck Cooper, Robert High, Marva Joe, Althea Dixon and the likes. They should bring you hope.
heyday

Paris, TX

#20 Feb 3, 2011
You whites are very stupid. Now, look what you have done. You have the whole state of Texas Black Turner employees on your ass now. Not just old Carl, anymore. I'm waiting to see how this plays out. Whitie still thinking he can "Bamboozal" the Blacks of this county. You still haven't realized yet, that the Blacks, out-think you whites by 3 to 1. You forgot their Black president is very smart and has out-thought the white republicans the very same "unique" way. You must remember that the Blacks gave birth to whites through mutation and albinism. So, the children (whites) never out-thinks the parents (Blacks). The parents may let the children get away with certain things, but that doesn't mean they out-thinks them.
houston

Paris, TX

#21 Feb 5, 2011
Just shut the plant down. If you particiapted in this sick mess ... thats what you get. grow up turner oyu make Paris look bad. this is to both blacks and whites

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Construction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is This Jeweler Up For A Big Run? Thu greek21 2
Icahn Says EBay Should Pursue PayPal Sale Now i... Oct 22 Philip Cohen 1
APAC Customer Service to hire 200 full-time wor... Oct 18 Now Thats Funny 4
Foreign workers on London sites (Feb '06) Oct 16 Townie 58
Icahn Enterprises LP (IEP) 's Carl Icahn Lookin... Oct 6 Philip Cohen 1
Why Dictators Make Good Bosses (Dec '11) Oct 5 PATTON PAPERS 44
"The Monarch Cement Company (MCEM) - Company Ca... Sep 29 Anonymous 1

Construction People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE