Sleeping mom high on meth faces priso...

Sleeping mom high on meth faces prison after baby dies

There are 59 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Sleeping mom high on meth faces prison after baby dies. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Ciprico Inc., a 30-year-old maker of data-storage software, has sought bankruptcy protection from creditors without citing a reason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Abdullah Shabazz

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 31, 2008
This high out of her mind scumbag got probation for causing the death of her 6 month old baby. And a D.W.I isn't enough to revoke her probation. Are you freekin kiddin me? This hoodlum, scumbag, low life piece of dung should be in a prison cell for the at least next 20 years. Only in Wisconsin.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 31, 2008
Now, if this happened in Brooklyn Park and Ms. Kasten's name was Keisha Jackson, most posters would probably describe her as...?

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 31, 2008
Come on workaday, it doesn't matter what her name is or where she is form, she is a dirtbag, lowlife that should be locked up for the rest of her life.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jul 31, 2008
tjwillie wrote:
Come on workaday, it doesn't matter what her name is or where she is form, she is a dirtbag, lowlife that should be locked up for the rest of her life.
Exactly!:-)
The Gender Pass

De Forest, WI

#5 Jul 31, 2008
Just think how much money the courts, attorneys, social workers, and psychobabble people can make by keeping this woman on the streets. If she was locked up only a few would be able to profit from her lifestyle. PROFITS, PROFITS, PROFITS!!!!

Consistent

Since: Mar 08

Zimmerman, MN

#6 Jul 31, 2008
Workaday Oakdale Brother wrote:
Now, if this happened in Brooklyn Park and Ms. Kasten's name was Keisha Jackson, most posters would probably describe her as...?
The problem isnt race....it is Gender!
Derek

Hopkins, MN

#7 Jul 31, 2008
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem isnt race....it is Gender!
Oh good...only 6 posts down and here comes Consistent with his dyslyke for the wymyns.

So, explain this: if female gender = infanticide, how come you're still here?

Consistent

Since: Mar 08

Zimmerman, MN

#8 Jul 31, 2008
Derek wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good...only 6 posts down and here comes Consistent with his dyslyke for the wymyns.
So, explain this: if female gender = infanticide, how come you're still here?
O' Good here comes the obfuscation...she killed her baby by Ignoring the kid while high, got a gender pass from the judge,, then is going to jail for drinking.

Tho Derek...what do you call thith? If not sentencing based on gender?
spikedgin

Fargo, ND

#9 Jul 31, 2008
How can she be high on meth AND asleep?
Ira Jane

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jul 31, 2008
People don't be so hard; she obviously has a "disease"...show some compassion! Why are we sentencing her to time, when we can spend more money on her and send her to treatment? I believe it takes up to 10 stays in treatment to kick methÂ…
lmao

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 31, 2008
at spikedgn! I too wondered- how COULD she be high on meth AND asleep???? What a loser,either way!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#12 Jul 31, 2008
spikedgin wrote:
How can she be high on meth AND asleep?
You know, I wondered the that very same thing.
MDG

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jul 31, 2008
Wait, dare we say; "an animal" perhaps??
MDG

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jul 31, 2008
<quoted text>
Exactly!:-)
Anyone else care to chime in on this one? I guess only "a few" think this way.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#15 Jul 31, 2008
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
O' Good here comes the obfuscation...she killed her baby by Ignoring the kid while high, got a gender pass from the judge,, then is going to jail for drinking.
Tho Derek...what do you call thith? If not sentencing based on gender?
The judge showed a disgusting lack of morality in his/her sentencing for the baby's death. It's a little premature though to draw the 'gender pass' conclusion. Do we know the gender of the judge? Do we know the judge's record of sentencing so we can make an informed decision? Not really.

We are all in agreement, though, about this mother's actions being criminally wrong and the judge's sentencing to be ethically questionable at best. If there's a cause for investigating the judge's pattern of sentencing, this would be it.

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#16 Jul 31, 2008
Well she is finally going away and thats a good thing. I still can't figure out the the high on meth and asleep, unless she was at the end of meth binge and crashing.
Jess

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 31, 2008
Does anyone else see a similarity in what is happening here, and everywhere else?? It is so frustrating, seeing the proliferation of young kids having babies, and the drug use. It used to be that there were just young kids having babies. Now we're throwing drugs into the mix, and we wonder why all these babies are dying. I don't know, it's just frustrating, seeing the kids having the babies, and then they are screwing up, time and again, not showing really any remorse to anything that happens until there is a death. Then all of a sudden, they are the most distraught parents on the block, and everything that happened in the past was all a big mistake, and they are perfect parents.

Frankly, it just p*sses me off!!
Dick In Dixie

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jul 31, 2008
I still don't get meth addicts. I would think if people saw pictures of what people on meth look like after about 6 months of use, nobody would use it. It ruins whole communities, not just families.
Single Parent Mothers

De Forest, WI

#19 Jul 31, 2008
Jess wrote:
Does anyone else see a similarity in what is happening here, and everywhere else?? It is so frustrating, seeing the proliferation of young kids having babies, and the drug use. It used to be that there were just young kids having babies. Now we're throwing drugs into the mix, and we wonder why all these babies are dying. I don't know, it's just frustrating, seeing the kids having the babies, and then they are screwing up, time and again, not showing really any remorse to anything that happens until there is a death. Then all of a sudden, they are the most distraught parents on the block, and everything that happened in the past was all a big mistake, and they are perfect parents.
Frankly, it just p*sses me off!!
What we have is single Parent Mothers that were raised by Single Parent Mothers, 1 or 2 or 3 generations over. And guess what?? It is not working!!!!
AHAB

United States

#20 Jul 31, 2008
It just goes to show that too many judges refuse to enforce the drunk driving laws we have and give free passes to these people. Thank goodness the appeals process works, no thanks to the first judge. He's probably a drinker, too, and thinks it's no big deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HP to cut 11,000 to 16,000 more jobs (May '14) 6 hr Raj Chanani 89
News 2016ers weigh in on Trump's 'blood' comment (Aug '15) Dec 1 Geezer files 449
News IKON, RICOH: IKON Office Solutions will be purc... (Aug '08) Nov 30 islandadrift 131
News Japanese firms face tighter audits after Toshib... Nov 29 Ainu 20
News Fearing tighter U.S. visa regime, Indian IT fir... Nov 28 Le Jimbo 8
News EBay Launches Free Classified Ads Site 'Kijiji' (Jul '07) Nov 7 Ashley 181
News Dana Milbank: Trump can't just be defeated. He ... Oct '16 Nipz8146 2
More from around the web