Hewlett-Packard has 48 job openings

Hewlett-Packard has 48 job openings

There are 22 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 13, 2011, titled Hewlett-Packard has 48 job openings. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The Workforce Solutions Upper Rio Grande is helping the Hewlett-Packard Co. fill 48 positions for a new project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fliptop157

Denver, CO

#1 Jun 14, 2011
With a pay rate less than the national average, HP will continue to have open positions!
duh

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 14, 2011
our cost of living is also below the national average, it goes hand in hand. problem?
PARTY ALL THE TIME

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 14, 2011
At least these 48 jobs all require a bachelor's degree and aren't lowly call center jobs. Can they find 48 qualified applicants, though?
TEMPORARY

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jun 14, 2011
its temporary, plus they hire young grads that will take anything for a salary, HP is known to hire and fire. they will be looking for a new job after six months. no biggie here
ghj

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Jun 14, 2011
TEMPORARY wrote:
its temporary, plus they hire young grads that will take anything for a salary, HP is known to hire and fire. they will be looking for a new job after six months. no biggie here
To quote Metalica,

"Sad but True."
Dusty

United States

#6 Jun 14, 2011
Sounds more like they're herding cattle rather than hiring professionals with degrees. Very unprofessional.
Sarcasm

El Paso, TX

#7 Jun 14, 2011
PARTY ALL THE TIME wrote:
At least these 48 jobs all require a bachelor's degree and aren't lowly call center jobs. Can they find 48 qualified applicants, though?
Unfortunately, even with a bachelors degree HP is paying very little. 35K from what I have seen in the past this is just ridiculous.
what the hell

South Milwaukee, WI

#8 Jun 15, 2011
Sarcasm wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, even with a bachelors degree HP is paying very little. 35K from what I have seen in the past this is just ridiculous.
Your kidding!$35.000 a year for a bachelors degree and you have to have experience. that comes out to $18.22 per hour. Is eEl Paso in Mexico?
Mr-D ElPaso

United States

#9 Jun 15, 2011
what the hell wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kidding!$35.000 a year for a bachelors degree and you have to have experience. that comes out to $18.22 per hour. Is eEl Paso in Mexico?
Well no were not in Mexico yet. But our city leaders are working on it real hard. And as far as $18.22 thats pretty good for a day here in ElPaso not a hour.
PARTY ALL THE TIME

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 Jun 15, 2011
35k a year isn't the greatest pay (and at 2080 hours per year is actually only 16.82/hour), but it's not bad for El Paso. I'm sure anyone who has been unemployed for a while or an entry-level professional would gladly take that pay even in larger more competitive cities. A husband and a wife both making 35k a year in this city could probably afford to own a house and two cars.
really

Austin, TX

#11 Jun 15, 2011
Dusty wrote:
Sounds more like they're herding cattle rather than hiring professionals with degrees. Very unprofessional.
do you have a reading comprehension problem??? read the article..you need a bachelors to get any of these jobs
really

Austin, TX

#12 Jun 15, 2011
beggars cant be choosers...its a job people
Dusty

United States

#13 Jun 15, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>do you have a reading comprehension problem??? read the article..you need a bachelors to get any of these jobs
...I'm just not going to waste my time with your stupidity
Cheap

Hillsborough, NJ

#14 Jun 15, 2011
I used to work with this company for about 2 months till i was hired by another company out of El Paso,

35K is what they pay a year for a bachelors degree, at most 38K.

The type of work you do is programming and some project management.

Trust me when i tell you this, 35K is what a janitor with no education makes for the EPISD or a janitor for the Housing Authority. Actually they make around 38K a year.

HP is just trying to take advantage and cheat their workers.

This is why el paso will not retain their talent because they dont pay for what these people worked for.
Cheap

Hillsborough, NJ

#15 Jun 15, 2011
really wrote:
beggars cant be choosers...its a job people
If you worked for your degree from a top school, you will know that 35K is not worth it.

But if you dont have a good education then go ahead, take it. It fits you.
really

Austin, TX

#16 Jun 15, 2011
Cheap wrote:
<quoted text>
If you worked for your degree from a top school, you will know that 35K is not worth it.
But if you dont have a good education then go ahead, take it. It fits you.
hello its a job!!!!!
Mr-D ElPaso

United States

#17 Jun 15, 2011
really wrote:
beggars cant be choosers...its a job people
Yes before these 48 jobs go to India
LOL

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jun 16, 2011
all the jobs are going to India, also engineering jobs are allready there. they are allready outsourcing to India in San Antonio.
Dusty

El Paso, TX

#19 Jun 16, 2011
LOL wrote:
all the jobs are going to India, also engineering jobs are allready there. they are allready outsourcing to India in San Antonio.
Because Indians are investing in education. Americans would rather suck money out of the schools and pump it into making turnabouts in the middle of perfectly fine intersections, adding bike lanes to streets that hardly see bikers, spend money on taking down signs and small fences around San Jacinto Plaza, etc.
Dude in WI

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jun 17, 2011
Dusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Indians are investing in education. Americans would rather suck money out of the schools and pump it into making turnabouts in the middle of perfectly fine intersections, adding bike lanes to streets that hardly see bikers, spend money on taking down signs and small fences around San Jacinto Plaza, etc.
If I recall some of those street projects your referring to are needed due to the past big flood, and the schools do need money, but you need to stop giving illegals benefits, healthcare and other countries money. India can kiss my A_S_S_. have you tried one of there products, they are cheap and break.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IKON, RICOH: IKON Office Solutions will be purc... (Aug '08) 20 hr Atlanta Puppeteer 131
News HP to cut 11,000 to 16,000 more jobs (May '14) Aug 6 Raj 148
News South Africa: German Software Giant Accused of ... Aug 4 sapyard 1
News EBay Launches Free Classified Ads Site 'Kijiji' (Jul '07) Jul '17 Michael 181
News 170-year-old pub to be demolished and replaced ... May '17 sad 1
News Corporations who are zionism supporters... (Jan '09) Apr '17 yidfellas v USA 5
News Anti-Defamation League, Jewish centers get more... Mar '17 Jeff Brightone 1
More from around the web