Quad/Graphics closes World Color acquisition

There are 11 comments on the Jul 2, 2010, Bizjournals story titled Quad/Graphics closes World Color acquisition. In it, Bizjournals reports that:

Quad/Graphics has completed its acquisition of rival Canadian printer World Color Press Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bizjournals.

Former Wc employee

South Elgin, IL

#1 Jul 2, 2010
Any news on Premedia Schaumburg? Anymore let go's yet?
Thank GOD for Quad

Quincy, MA

#2 Jul 4, 2010
While we are all glad to finally see QW gone, remember, the beast isn't dead until you cut off the head. They have to get rid of all the bad managers that drove QW into bankruptcy in the first place. Then and only then will the morale finally go in a positive direction for the workers. Nothing will change if they keep the same pinheads in charge of middle corporate management.
There are a lot of hard working QW employees throughout the country that have been treated like crap by management who care more about their bonuses and perks than they do about their employees.
Here's hoping that Quad realizes who they are and gets rid of them ASAP.
sliders

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jul 5, 2010
Former Wc employee wrote:
yeah, most was let go's down her throat
Former Wc employee

South Elgin, IL

#4 Jul 5, 2010
What does that mean?
Former Wc employee

South Elgin, IL

#5 Jul 5, 2010
sliders wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, most was let go's down her throat
What does that mean? What are you saying.
MAN Press

Asheville, NC

#6 Jul 5, 2010
Thank GOD for Quad wrote:
While we are all glad to finally see QW gone, remember, the beast isn't dead until you cut off the head. They have to get rid of all the bad managers that drove QW into bankruptcy in the first place. Then and only then will the morale finally go in a positive direction for the workers. Nothing will change if they keep the same pinheads in charge of middle corporate management.
There are a lot of hard working QW employees throughout the country that have been treated like crap by management who care more about their bonuses and perks than they do about their employees.
Here's hoping that Quad realizes who they are and gets rid of them ASAP.
Can we start making a list of which Managers and Supervisors need to be AXED first? I don't know if we have enough paper and ink to make a complete list.
GWP

Paradise Valley, AZ

#7 Jul 16, 2010
Start with the managemet at metarie La.
OK OK

Clarksville, TN

#8 Jul 16, 2010
GWP wrote:
Followed closely by Clarksville
Disenfranchised

United States

#9 Aug 30, 2010
It is the Management Staff and direction or lack there of, of the company and it's ideals that drove me out after 21 years of service. Watching quality employees sitting on their hands and cutting hours as they send work to China and India under their customers nose and selling it as QW. Shame on them! I truly believe in Karma. As much as I feel for some great friends that I have remaining at QW, I do not feel bad for the D-Bags that drove what was an amazing company in World Color into the ground. How's 6 Sigma treating you now? You still have to know and master the process and "oh yea" treat people with respect and dignity to succeed. Go Quad!
Disenfranchised

United States

#10 Aug 30, 2010
Former Wc employee wrote:
It would appear that in the wake of losing most of their big business accounts, Quad doesn't or shouldn't have any interest in keeping Schaumburg. Didn't Hudson Yards get a lot of their business?
Disenfranchised

United States

#11 Aug 30, 2010
GWP wrote:
NO! Please start in Schaumburg!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Commercial Printing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryobi 3302 (Jun '07) Apr 17 mlawrnce 55
Importing Paper from China (Nov '08) Apr 12 Garrisd 34
Looking for Used Numbering and Perforating Machine (Jul '07) Apr 9 Prem 25
how to find a good commercial printer (Oct '06) Apr 8 ShirleyWill12 47
AB Dick 9870 (Apr '07) Mar 27 Mike 122
about grin tech ( nano-tech() Mar '15 ing cuadra 1
We have just launched a beta version of our sol... Mar '15 tacatech 1
More from around the web