Regulators reject N.J. drugmaker's schizophrenia pill

Aug 14, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asbury Park Press Online

“Bifeprunox didn't work as well as Risperdal and Zyprexa in studies, and I can't see much reason to use this drug once generics of the others are available,'”

U.S. regulators rejected Wyeth's experimental antipsychotic bifeprunox for schizophrenia, sending down shares of Wyeth and its partner on the pill, Solvay SA. via Asbury Park Press Online

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Aug 17, 2013
BobR

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

The FDA's rejection of Bifeprunox based on lack of effectiveness, along with psychiatrists lack of confidence in recently introduced and "safer" atypical antipsychotics Abilify and Geodon, and their continued reliance on early, powerful antipsychotics like Thorazine and Haldol shows a strong correlation between tranquilizer strength and "theraputic effect". Years of experience and research have failed to make any real progress in producing a safe and effective antipsychotic, or to show any evidence that a chemical imbalance causes psychosis. This chemical warfare approach to "illnesses" caused by maladaptive thought processes hasn't succeeded in over 50 years and will never succeed, psychiatry is on a biochemical dead end. The fact that these drugs are widely prescribed for off label uses like sleep disorders and routine anxiety indicates the drug companies are more concerned with maximizing profits and not curing bipolar or schizophrenia.
confused

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

OF COURSE ELI-LILY WOULD NOT WANT A GENERIC AVAILABLE FOR ZYPREXA AND THEY WILL PAY TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. ALL ELI-LILY CARES ABOUT IS MAKING BILLIONS OF DOLLARS RIPPING OFF MEDICARE, MEDICAID AND THE HARD WORKING PROPLE WHO HAVE INSURANCE. ZYPREXA IS A DEADLY DRUG THAT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OFF THE MARKET. IT WILL KILL YOU A LITTLE AT A TIME. SLOW DEATH IN PILL FORM.
confused

Castle Hill, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

But what would I know?
Im just a scientology sockpuppet that trawls the internet because my religion dictates that these psychs are galactic overlords loyal to Xenu, and I must spew kookisms.

http://psychassualt.org/
HumanSpirit

Branford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

BobR wrote:
The FDA's rejection of Bifeprunox based on lack of effectiveness, along with psychiatrists lack of confidence in recently introduced and "safer" atypical antipsychotics Abilify and Geodon, and their continued reliance on early, powerful antipsychotics like Thorazine and Haldol shows a strong correlation between tranquilizer strength and "theraputic effect". Years of experience and research have failed to make any real progress in producing a safe and effective antipsychotic, or to show any evidence that a chemical imbalance causes psychosis. This chemical warfare approach to "illnesses" caused by maladaptive thought processes hasn't succeeded in over 50 years and will never succeed, psychiatry is on a biochemical dead end. The fact that these drugs are widely prescribed for off label uses like sleep disorders and routine anxiety indicates the drug companies are more concerned with maximizing profits and not curing bipolar or schizophrenia.
I agree that "psychiatry is on a biochemical dead end". While pharmaceutical investment is still lucrative the anti-psychotic market is falling off dragging down the industry. With election time near the Republican support will be lost. If you noticed scientific research didn't pan out with the chromosomes and it is stuck in the mud like the "chemical imbalance theory" and has become a burden on US business interest by a higher cost in health-care and the public isn't buying the number one marketing tool, the mental health and counseling industry which has generated a lot of hostility to itself. Enrollment in the college programs of mental health is suffering and med students aren't considering psychiatry of primary interest in financial rewards.
confused

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

confused wrote:
But what would I know?
Im just a scientology sockpuppet that trawls the internet because my religion dictates that these psychs are galactic overlords loyal to Xenu, and I must spew kookisms.
http://psychassualt.org/
Do not know confused but like using the name on post as i am not able to think on my own because zyprexa destroyed my brain. It will kill your brain toooo.
Leper

Castle Hill, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

See how confused I am?

I post under many names pretending to be seperate people.
confused

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

Leper wrote:
See how confused I am?
I post under many names pretending to be seperate people.
I SEE YOU STILL ON ZYPREXA, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
Thornton

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

I took Klonopin and Paxil for 15 years to treat my anxiety disorder. I had to detox from the Klonopin this past spring. I got off the Klonopin and switched my Paxil to Lexapro (sex side effect issue). I am also a recovering alcoholic. My doctor did not want me on Benzo's anymore (says it increased alcohol cravings). I stayed on Lexapro only for 9 months, but my anxiety came back strong on just the Lexapro alone. I almost resorted to taking Xanax before I switched doctors. My new doc gave Zyprexa from http://z-olanzapine.com a chance. I am on my 7th day and I haven't felt this "normal" in 5 years. I take 5mgs at night and it has ended the "chatter" in my head, and removed my anxiety. Great medicine so far.
Adrian

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://z-olanzapine.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••