Emotional impact on women eager for f...

Emotional impact on women eager for flattering clothes inspires Lane Bryant | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 7 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 22, 2011, titled Emotional impact on women eager for flattering clothes inspires Lane Bryant | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

From left, Robert Rutkauskas, Gill Heer and David Albow are top designers at Lane Bryant's corporate headquarters in the Easton area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

the life

Bowling Green, OH

#1 May 22, 2011
I have always thought that being a plus size model would be "the life". Glamour and you get to eat too. Interesting article. You can't get healthy until you work on your self esteem.

Since: Feb 11

Roy, WA

#2 May 22, 2011
Sad that only anorexic women are considered pretty.
It's all you see on news casts, commercials,etc.
Combine that with plastic surgery & you have the
American woman of 2011. No wonder they still aren't taken seriously..the women of my generation fought to be accepted on their smarts & merits..this generation has fallen back on their looks to get what they think they want.
Tracee

West Boylston, MA

#3 May 24, 2011
I am one of those women who are ELATED when walking into Lane Bryant! I know I am going to find something that actually fits me and my curves, not something that is trying to "SQUEEZE" me and my curves into it. My only problem with PLUS SIZE styles is some of the shirts, whether it's a T w/ lovely design on it or pullover top, casual or dressy....Seems people have forgot about our arms and that, they too, are ...well...not small for most of us. It would be WONDERFUL to see short sleeve Tops and T's designed with that bulky part of the arm in mind...If I love everything about the top, except the arms...It really doesn't help me add to spring/summer wardrobe...the armhole seems to cover the bicep part of the arm...but underneath the arm, ya know right there in the pit...there needs to me a bit more fabric there. Not sure if any of the designers have tried them on, but they are not comfy, the smaller armpit area actually cuts into the arm, then you find yourself stretching the whole armhole....ruins the shape of the shirt. I have found this problem with all the short sleeve summer tops I love wearing...not just at LB, but other stores as well...I look at it like this, not everyone feels comfy in a tank top, so we opt for the short sleeve T's and tops that are cute and cool to wear, and we don't mind the little bit of sleeve that is there, we would like it fit around our arm all the way, not just from the front view. Thank you~
debcasey

Akron, OH

#4 May 24, 2011
Thank you for realizing that larger women can also have "taste". But WHY, WHY, WHY do you keep trying to put us in horizontal stripes. Vertical stripes make us look leaner.

Also, just about all of the dresses on the web-site are sleeveless - hello? We are larger women - no one has good looking arms (with the exception of Michelle Obama). And is there a way you could put a few pockets in things?

Also, could you have long khaki pants in the stores all of the time??? And maybe have them in talls? I can't wear capris or crops to work - but can wear khakis during the summer and on casual Fridays.

Love the clothes that you have been coming up with - just need a little tweaking.
tina

Bowling Green, OH

#5 May 24, 2011
debcasey wrote:
Thank you for realizing that larger women can also have "taste". But WHY, WHY, WHY do you keep trying to put us in horizontal stripes. Vertical stripes make us look leaner.
Also, just about all of the dresses on the web-site are sleeveless - hello? We are larger women - no one has good looking arms (with the exception of Michelle Obama). And is there a way you could put a few pockets in things?
Also, could you have long khaki pants in the stores all of the time??? And maybe have them in talls? I can't wear capris or crops to work - but can wear khakis during the summer and on casual Fridays.
Love the clothes that you have been coming up with - just need a little tweaking.
Pockets add bulk. It's true. The sleeveless look does elongate - admittedly plus sized women may want to cover the upper arm if they are not toned in that area. But keep an open mind and try on.
debcasey

Wadsworth, OH

#6 May 24, 2011
tina wrote:
<quoted text>
Pockets add bulk. It's true. The sleeveless look does elongate - admittedly plus sized women may want to cover the upper arm if they are not toned in that area. But keep an open mind and try on.
yes, they add bulk, but I need my phone, staff ID, a pen and kleenex with me at work -- hence the need for pockets.
I had rotator cuff surgery -- prettier w/sleeves.
tina

Bowling Green, OH

#7 May 26, 2011
debcasey wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, they add bulk, but I need my phone, staff ID, a pen and kleenex with me at work -- hence the need for pockets.
I had rotator cuff surgery -- prettier w/sleeves.
I am not a plus size but know from other stores that often to get exactly what you want you try on in the store for sizing but order the exact thing on the website. Free shipping is often available. Good luck.

I often depend on a stretch canvas blazer for pockets. I use my purse too. I have pocketless pants from the Gap, and they make me look ten pounds lighter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer-Aided Design, Manufacturing and Engineering Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3D Systems: Weighing The Bankruptcy Risk (Mar '15) May '15 SuriJohn 2
News AutoCAD 2016 Helps Design Every Detail With Ric... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Markic 1
News Business briefing: Target nears end of Canada s... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Future Shop 1
News 4 Convincing Reasons Why ARM Holdings' Pullback... (Aug '14) Aug '14 otr214424 1
News RDInvesting Provides Investors with Free In-Dep... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Lance Tankman 1
News Muldrato Text Exporter 1.1.0.0 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Przemek 1
Selling MTCN of Western Union 2013 ( Wu Bug).C... (Jul '13) Jul '13 buzzhacking 1
More from around the web