UPDATE 2-Jury awards $3.35 mln in vaginal mesh case against J&J

Feb 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

A jury on Monday said Johnson & Johnson should pay a South Dakota woman $3.35 million for failing to adequately warn her doctor of the potential dangers of a vaginal mesh implant made by the company's Ethicon subsidiary, and for misrepresenting the product in brochures.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2013
Helen G

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Mar 4, 2013
There was an update on this. I read an article on the net that the plaintiff was also awarded more than $7M in punitive damages by the jury. Try searching bladderslingrecall.us, the site may have more info.
Cara Laney

San Jose, CA

#2 Mar 15, 2013
It is indeed good news that Linda Gross was awarded compensatory damages for her ordeal. The actual damages have reached $11.1 million after punitive damages were awarded. This development has been welcomed by the thousands of women who suffered as a result of these devices. For more information and updates, you may want to check on http://www.vaginalmeshlawsuitcenter.us/vagina...
Kate

United States

#3 Jun 9, 2013
Serious complications and deadly health issues were linked to these meshes. As a matter of fact, there are lots of vaginal mesh lawsuits filed by patients of these faulty devices in the US. But the downside is that still there are many of these devices available in the market today. You may want to check this article http://lindashealthblog.blog.com/2013/06/08/c...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biotech Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Safety Testing Of Ebola Vaccine Will Begin Soon 19 hr Please Work 1
Findings from Lomonosov Moscow State University... Wed Akrom hussain cho... 1
Maker of RevitaLash , Files Suit Against Allerg... (Aug '09) Aug 22 jazzpollard 65
Lawsuits filed over Lipitor side effects (Jun '06) Aug 21 kylie 848
Merck's shingles vaccine, Zostavax, recommended... (Jun '08) Aug 18 Susanna 75
40 percent of Americans will develop diabetes Aug 13 humanSpirit 1
Robin Williams' suicide: How to get help for su... Aug 12 Big mike 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Biotech People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••