J&J Trial Expert Quizzed on Calculation of Hip Placement Device

Feb 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

A witness for Johnson & Johnson miscalculated in testifying that a Montana man's metal hip device failed because of the angle at which it was implanted, the man's lawyer said in cross-examination. Avram Edidin testified at a trial about a lawsuit by Loren Kransky that claims J&J defectively designed his ASR hip device and failed to warn of risks.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Rhea

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

It seems as though more and more problems are purported to result from the use of all-metal hip devices. I also ran into some postings on the net, like this one http://oregoncapitolnews.com/legal-news/rotte... , and realized that while Johnson and Johnson has been a major player in the medical device industry, the company has been surrounded with too many controversies involving their products. I can only hope that people who may have advanced in their legal course get the compensation they deserve.
Althea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Hip replacement implants have been linked to a growing number of problems as of late and it may make one wonder if these devices are even worth the trouble and money. I just recently read this article at http://postpartisannews.com/legal-news/rotten... about a man who experienced complications from an all-metal hip implant and found it alarming to know that these devices could actually be toxic.
Andrew

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

It was a good thing that the testimony of the so-called expert witness did not sway the decision of the jury. Kransky was awarded over $8 million as compensatory damages. Learn more about the case by checking DePuy Settlement Information Center.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••