FDA Approves Non-Prescription Diet Pill - AM New York

Full story: AM New York

Dieters got a new tool Wednesday to help them take off the extra pounds -- the first government-approved nonprescription diet pill.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Aug 17, 2013
jane

Escobedo, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2007

The drug is to swindle people by winning their confidence ,it's intended for use along with diet and exercise programs.
Sally

Jamaica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2007

What happens after you stop using it?
Spike

Saratoga Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2007

This is absolutely ridiculous for several reasons. The company is gonna make a tremendous amount of money off this pill because of people without basic knowledge on how their own bodies work. This pill states it can block fat absorbtion in food that is eaten. Intake of fatty foods does not correlate into increased fat storage in the body. Sugars are the enemy, they raise insulin levels which tells the body to store these calories as fat. All non-whole grain carbs do the exact same thing, the human body responds to them all by raising sugar levels. It has been shown in numerous studies that a diet in higher in healthy fats which adds up to the same daily calorie intake as the standard FDA pyramid diet is more effective at reducing bodyfat than the ancient pyramid in use now. By the way, there has been a natural food around forever that does the same thing as this OTC pill, and its called FIBER...
on a side note, all this talk about the Body Mass Index being used to talk about the "skinny" runway models is ridiculous as well. the BMI is ancient as well. Use the BMI for every single professional athlete and it will state that they are all "severely obese"....People need to educate themselves
yo mama

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

so when is it really coming out? I dont care about what all the other dee dee dees think I just need the date Xenical becomes otc.
William Sykes

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Larkins

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

i wrote:
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
http://inhousegeneric.info very clear and informative site, simple ordering process and very fast delivery. All round excellent service - will use again.
Harold

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

I ordered from edmedrx.com for the first time and i definitely will again. Customer service is great! I inquired about my order as i had the wrong zip code on my mailing address and their customer support helped me right away. They were very helpful and also when you have any questions, they email you right back with answers. I would recommend them highly as they deliver what they promise!
Chet

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••