Eli Lilly seeking a better Zyprexa

Eli Lilly and Co. is testing a new drug for schizophrenia that it says works quickly and safely without resulting in weight gain, a much-criticized side effect of its top-selling antipsychotic drug Zyprexa. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Daniel Haszard

Livermore, ME

#1 Sep 3, 2007
Eli Lilly Zyprexa scandal

Zyprexa off label promotion scandal is all over the news now.
Lilly drug reps are alleged to have called their marketing ploy,"Viva zyprexa".

Eli Lilly zyprexa cost me over $250.00 a month supply out of my own pocket X 4 years and has up to ten times the risk (over non users) of causing diabetes and severe weight gain.

Zyprexa which is only FDA approved for schizophrenia (.5-1% of pop) and some bipolar (2% pop) and then an even smaller percentage of theses two groups.
So how does Zyprexa get to be the 7th largest drug sale in the world?

Eli Lilly is in deep trouble for using their drug reps to 'encourage' doctors to write zyprexa for non-FDA approved 'off label' uses.

The drug causes increased diabetes risk,and medicare picks up all the expensive fallout.There are now 8 states (and counting) going after Lilly for fraud and restitution.

Only 9 percent of adult Americans think the pharmaceutical industry can be trusted right around the same rating as big tobacco.


http://www.google.com/search...
---

Daniel Haszard zyprexa-victims.com
H Geller

Crawfordsville, IN

#2 Sep 3, 2007
This new Lilly drug is promising, especially the lessened side-effects, and for people like you who need these class of drugs, one can hope it becomes available to you soon.

More than 2 million Americans suffer from the schizophrenia in a given year.

Approximately 5.7 million adult Americans—about 2.6 percent of the population suffers from bipolar disorder.

Just Americans ... you quote the "world" so take those percentages against the world population and you'll get your answer. The total number means that Zyprexa helped many more people that were affected by the known side-effects.

Why did it take your physician/psych 4 years to figure out you were gaining so much weight that you ended up with type II diabetes? If you were on it for 4 years it must have helped ... if not you would have switched to another drug in that class ... like you are on now right?

Unfortunately the chance of me and people who lost individuals who died because they stopped taking Zyprexa because of fear mongering by people like you and your lawyers would be difficult to sue. But I know he stopped taking it because of people like you and those ads on TV ... so his death is on your shoulders.

You promised to leave as soon as you got your Lilly check from your lawyer as you mentioned on multiple occasions. Guess you can’t tell the truth.
wa kiar

Penang, Malaysia

#3 Sep 3, 2007
honestly i can't see why he/she can't run into a good brain doctor and simply get an advice, " move out of where u r, right away or asap, n just look out on your way out."

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#4 Sep 3, 2007
H Geller wrote:
But I know he stopped taking it because of people like you and those ads on TV ... so his death is on your shoulders.

You promised to leave as soon as you got your Lilly check from your lawyer as you mentioned on multiple occasions. Guess you can’t tell the truth.
HUH?
Get a grip you sound like a Lilly apologist promoting company propaganda.

If your addressing me {Daniel Haszard} I have NOT seen one dime of this supposed $1.2 billion payout.

Don't shoot the messengers,blame Lilly lawyers for dragging their feet.

Lilly is indeed a wonderful company that does lots of humanitarian deeds,so keep your promises.
confused

Marble Falls, TX

#5 Sep 3, 2007
I AM ALSO ONE OF THE ORIGINAL 8 THOUSAND WHO HAVE NOT BEEN PAID. ALL I KNOW IS WHEN YOU ARE ON ZYPREXA YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW YOUR OWN NAME MUCH LESS THAT ALL THE HEALTH PROBLEMS YOU ARE HAVING ARE CAUSED FROM THE ZYPREXA. ALL I KNOW IS ZYPREXA WILL KILL YOU. SLOW DEATH. FACT.
Betty Forrest

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Sep 3, 2007
Who can you contact to get a family member as part of the trial tests for this new drug for schizophrenia? My son suffers so badly from side effects of present medications for his illness.

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#8 Sep 3, 2007
Betty Forrest wrote:
Who can you contact to get a family member as part of the trial tests for this new drug for schizophrenia? My son suffers so badly from side effects of present medications for his illness.
Good question,ask the family members doctor consult with him/her about taking any available experimental drugs.

What happens is once a drug gets a favorable nod,the FDA sometimes will allow it to be dispensed to doctors who have patients in inpatient settings.

As the drug gets more acceptance,the 'experimental' drug can sometimes be given to doctors in clinical practice.The patient agrees to all protocols and is watched closely by staff.

Sometimes the patient gets paid a small stipend bonus $$.
checkin_details

United States

#11 Sep 3, 2007
H Geller wrote:
This new Lilly drug is promising, especially the lessened side-effects, and for people like you who need these class of drugs, one can hope it becomes available to you soon.
More than 2 million Americans suffer from the schizophrenia in a given year.
Approximately 5.7 million adult Americans—about 2.6 percent of the population suffers from bipolar disorder.
Just Americans ... you quote the "world" so take those percentages against the world population and you'll get your answer. The total number means that Zyprexa helped many more people that were affected by the known side-effects.
Why did it take your physician/psych 4 years to figure out you were gaining so much weight that you ended up with type II diabetes? If you were on it for 4 years it must have helped ... if not you would have switched to another drug in that class ... like you are on now right?
Unfortunately the chance of me and people who lost individuals who died because they stopped taking Zyprexa because of fear mongering by people like you and your lawyers would be difficult to sue. But I know he stopped taking it because of people like you and those ads on TV ... so his death is on your shoulders.
You promised to leave as soon as you got your Lilly check from your lawyer as you mentioned on multiple occasions. Guess you can’t tell the truth.
well it is like this Eli-Lilly lied about Zyprexa and deceived the public making them think that the drug was safe , so what in the world makes you think that they are being honest now , I will never trust any drug company again and really mostly not Eli-Lilly because if they lied once they will do it again and if they get sued again they would have more than enough money to pay off people as I put it because we the victims of Zyprexa could never be paid enough for what we have and been and going to go through , they make more money than people know off of there drugs , if someone is stupid enough to think Eli-Lilly has made a safe drug they are very IGNORANT point blank dry and cut ,,, try telling the poeple who have lost family members behind Zyprexa that Eli-Lilly has made a safe drug be careful your not shot
confused

Marble Falls, TX

#12 Sep 3, 2007
IT HAS TAKEN ME SEVERAL YEARS PLUS JUST TO GET MY MEMORY BACK. ZYPREXA WILL KILL YOU.
rifraf roy roinock

New York, NY

#13 Sep 3, 2007
i was on zyprexa i gained 30 pounds
East Sider

Avon, IN

#14 Sep 3, 2007
Has it occurred to you that it was likely your illness which caused your memory loss?...oh, sorry, you must have forgotten about your illness.
confused wrote:
IT HAS TAKEN ME SEVERAL YEARS PLUS JUST TO GET MY MEMORY BACK. ZYPREXA WILL KILL YOU.
confused

Marble Falls, TX

#15 Sep 3, 2007
WELL SEEING AS I WAS HEALTHY OTHERWISE BEFORE I WAS GIVEN THE POSION, AND AFTER SURGERY WAS TOLD IT WAS THE ZYPREXA I WOULD SAY THE ZYPREXA DID MY ASS IN.
Bobbysgirl

Fleming, GA

#16 Sep 3, 2007
East Sider and the other jerk who wrote to Danny--

You are bullies and thugs and it is right that you would therefore support murderers like Lilly. How dare you say such hurtful things to victims?

I hope you both get exactly what you deserve when this life is over. For those of us who will die much earlier because of Lilly, we fortunately won't have to meet up with you in the hereafter.

Why don't you go find some hate-mongering site to talk to each other on, you idiots.
HMann

United States

#17 Sep 3, 2007
Your statement that this new drug has no side effects is misleading, er, actually incorrect. The new drug that Lilly is testing in very early stages works less effectively than Zyprexa, but has reportedly fewer (not "no side effects"). Your article fails to mention the more dangerous reported side effects of Zyprexa: the onset of diabetes and increased cholesterol (not just weight gain), and it fails to mention that (1) the test is one-fifth the size of a statistically accurate study,(2) is, at 4 weeks, too short term to see its effects on diabetes, cholesterol levels or, for that matter, heart problems (like Biaxin),(3) is the first of its kind and has not been corroborated, and (4) the initial test results that Lilly published about Zyprexa were just as rosy as this one.
Could it be that, Eli Lilly, being in the throes of numerous law suits at the moment, needs a shining headline or two to boost stock prices?(That was a rhetorical question.) Your reporter is an unpaid advertiser for Eli Lilly since the whole of his article is lifted from a PR brief without any effort made to get background or research.
Bobbysgirl

Fleming, GA

#18 Sep 3, 2007
HMann,
You are the bomb. I'm sure these are just zyprexa-paid fools, but you certainly came thru with valuable info.
I just hate it when such as these attack people on this forum who are not well and have been further damaged by this poison.
Thanks for the professional approach.
(I still say they are thugs, though :)).
And these folks are the reason why I AM NOT GOING TO SETTLE. I AM GOING TO TAKE IT TO COURT SO THAT I CAN SHOUT IT TO THE ROOFTOPS WHAT THIS COMPANY IS AND DOES AND WHAT ZYPREXA HAS CAUSED.
These people who write such things spur me on when I need it most; I should be grateful to them.
PHARMA ADS

United States

#19 Sep 4, 2007
Well Indy Star, you have tipped over into being a total shill for Eli Lilly with this problem. Not only do you not mention any possible future risks with the "new miracle drug with no side effects", you make light of the current side effects of Zyprexa. Why don't you mention DEATH from profound hyperglycemia or pancreatitis or other causes. No, all you say is "other health problems". If I were a reporter at Indy Star covering the Lilly beat, I would have trouble sleeping at night, especially thanks to this article.

Lilly is making this new poison because their old patent will be running out, and they have to "fill that pipeline". That it doesn'thave side effects for "weight gain" - the only side effect they admit to with Zyprexa - is the samae hokum we heard about Zyprexa. "Safe, safe, safe" said the drug reps and bought off doctors.

Dr. Sydney Wolfe said to never take a new drug for seven years to see the side effects emerge. Be warned.

My precious son, dead from Zyprexa, did fine on lithium for years. Then he made the fatal mistake of going on the Medicaid program and was dead from Zyprexa within two years.

For shame, those of you Lilly thugs who lambaste people on this comment page who have suffered and died from this horrible drug.
Patty

Tucson, AZ

#20 Sep 4, 2007
Daniel Haszard wrote:
Eli Lilly is in deep trouble for using their drug reps to 'encourage' doctors to write zyprexa for non-FDA approved 'off label' uses.
In my opinion, the doctors who let themselves be 'encouraged' are as much to blame. For that matter, what are doctors doing meeting with reps from the pharmaceutical racket in the first place?
Daniel Haszard

Augusta, ME

#21 Sep 4, 2007
Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, the doctors who let themselves be 'encouraged' are as much to blame. For that matter, what are doctors doing meeting with reps from the pharmaceutical racket in the first place?
Good point! My girlfriend's close family friend is an MD in private practice and he said that he has never had to buy a lunch in over two years.
The visiting pharma reps feed his whole staff!
Mary Sue

Castle Hill, Australia

#22 Sep 4, 2007
confused wrote:
IT HAS TAKEN ME SEVERAL YEARS PLUS JUST TO GET MY MEMORY BACK. ZYPREXA WILL KILL YOU.
More lies from you Dermot? You really get around eh? Although, it *is* to be expected from scientologists like you Dermot/confused/many sockpuppet names from Dublin Org....scientologists do become rather insane. Most people do when they start to believe they have the souls of dead thetans clinging to them and is why they have a headache.

You clams are pathetic. Jeremy Perkins had schizophrenia and a scientologist doctor advised his scientologist mother she traet Jeremy with Vitamins and diettry suppliments. Jeremy went on to stab his own scientologist mother 77 times. Hows THAT for adhering to scientology lunacies that schizophrenia is a made up condition? A very similar occurrence happened in July in Australia...a woman is denied psychiatry and ends up butchering her family.
Daniel Haszard

Livermore, ME

#23 Sep 4, 2007
To whom it may concern,I am interested but not concerned that sc*entolo*ist could be possibly trolling a thread.

As for me I am the real deal I took zyprexa it gave me diabetes I paid thousands of dollars out of my own pocket in co-pays it gave me diabetes.My course with zyprexa was all before the 2003 black box warning.

Lilly is boasting about a whopping $1.2 billion compensation give me my fare share and I will go away.

http://www.google.com/search...

Google today shows over 50,000 pages made by me denouncing zyprexa and I am just getting warmed up.

What does Lilly lawyers do all day??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biotech Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Viagra may work for women, too (Jul '08) Dec 24 Teras 25
Fight over $1,100 hepatitis C pills awaits next... Dec 22 reneir880 1
Dr. Reddy's Launches Authorized Generic Version... (Nov '08) Dec 22 Lil 57
Syphilis on the Rise Among Gay, Bisexual Men: CDC Dec 17 Antoine 4
Second Doctor Implicated In La Jolla Surgeon's ... (Apr '08) Dec 17 StayAway 41
Merck's MSD Pharma to create 800 jobs in India (Nov '08) Dec 15 BASAVARAJ G 221
Anti-smoking drugs to carry mental-health warnings (Jul '09) Dec 14 Smokin IS crazy 10
More from around the web