Warning label urged for Avandia

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A Food and Drug Administration advisory panel on Monday found that people who use the popular diabetes pill Avandia face a greater risk of heart attack and urged the FDA to slap its strictest warning on its ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

THIS DRUG KILLED MY GRANDMOTHER!!!!!!!

BEWARE!!! As the below millionaires count their money we watch our loved ones die!

Chairman and Managing Director Roberto Ferri

Managing Director, Allen S.p.A. Daniele Bertolani

Managing Director, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare S.p.A. Mauro Caimi

Director, Parma Plant, GSK Manufacturing S.p.A. Franco Pieropan

Director, Verona Plant, GSK Manufacturing S.p.A. Paolo Verardi

SVP and Manager of Psychiatry, Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery Emiliangelo Ratti
PATRICIA

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

MY HUSBAND JUST HAD A HEART ATTACK AT 52 YEARS OLD AFTE BEEN ON AVANDIA FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS.
WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM ON TIME BUT HIS HEART MUSCLE IS DAMAGED AND NOW HE WILL NEED AN ICD. I WILL ISSUE MY FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST THIS DRG TO THE FDA.
THANK YOU
PATRICIA
Comoms

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

For those wanting more information on Avandia's history and finding a Avandia Lawyer go here:

http://www.resource4thepeople.com/defectivedr...
Alexis

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

My father is taking avandia. I am having him ask his doctor to switch him to Actose
DataQueen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

Please note that Actos has also received a recommendation from the FDA for a Black Box warning as these two drugs are in the same family.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/7358...
Alexis wrote:
My father is taking avandia. I am having him ask his doctor to switch him to Actose
Prityinbrown

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

I was on Actos, Avandia's sister drug, and I was a wreck. I tried it for three months and I would not give that drug to my worst enemy. I gained 12 pounds in the first two weeks I was on it. It caused my feet and legs to swell with fluids--it was the pits.

The "benefits" these two drugs bring to the table, better glucose control, without overtaxing the beta cells in the liver that produce insulin, can be had by exercising. I do 90 minutes of aerobics four days a week and the remaining three days are 45 minutes of weight/resistance and 45 minutes of aerobics.

I go to a large church and one Sunday I found myself sitting next to two people who were also Type II diabetics and all of us had been put on Actos and all of us stopped taking it because of the terrible side effects, what are the odds of that happening. My exercise program of low impact aerobics and strength training has caused my glucose numbers to drop below that of a diabetic and my Triglyceride numbers to fall below 60. My HGL was at 65 and my LGL was at 90 and my A1c was 5.5.

Folks get busy and start walking, running, swimming and take back your health.

Been there and done that and will never do it again.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
MAKE SURE YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS DO NOT TAKE THIS KILLER. Reading your blogs is like my Grandmother is able to tell her story. It was so sad to see her body basically break down. Now seeing that GSK (The Drug Manfacturer) not taking ANY responsibility makes me question the integrity of the company as a whole. and to top it off their stock go up because of this??? What a slap in the face!!!
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

Everyone needs to calm down, Avandia, Actos, Vioxx, Paxil, Lexapro, Zoloft, Ativan, Effexor......... every drug would be off the market if we all jumped to conclusion about it's "possible" impact.
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
THIS DRUG KILLED MY GRANDMOTHER!!!!!!!
BEWARE!!! As the below millionaires count their money we watch our loved ones die!
Chairman and Managing Director Roberto Ferri
Managing Director, Allen S.p.A. Daniele Bertolani
Managing Director, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare S.p.A. Mauro Caimi
Director, Parma Plant, GSK Manufacturing S.p.A. Franco Pieropan
Director, Verona Plant, GSK Manufacturing S.p.A. Paolo Verardi
SVP and Manager of Psychiatry, Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery Emiliangelo Ratti
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

I feel your frustrations and also respect your comments...some people do get carried away with their feeling when they here a drug has some negative side effects. What I can not calm down from is that GSK will not admit that they are wrong on this one. I am just wondering how many have to die or have irrevesable damge done to them before the the companies fast tracking these drugs have to take some sort of responsibility. In my case and I am sure there are others my Grandma didn't have ANY heart issues until it was too late for her. I just do not want anyone else to go through the pain that me and my family have to endure the rest of our lives.
Mark wrote:
Everyone needs to calm down, Avandia, Actos, Vioxx, Paxil, Lexapro, Zoloft, Ativan, Effexor......... every drug would be off the market if we all jumped to conclusion about it's "possible" impact.
<quoted text>
Neil

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Avandia and Actos both marketed in 1999 and we still don't know. Why the companies have no clear studies to date. Seems more like a tactic to hide major issues or dangers. Of course they are looking at the bottom line instead of the people who are taking them. Common sense tells anyone if something is not turning a dollar move on to another product. GIVE me a break they have full intent of hiding the real truth and the death count/diabled list due to these drugs. And all the while living the good life on their stock options and large salary. All the while people are suffering loss or quality of life. My thoughts are with every victim who suffered being a lab rat to test these.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

I hear you, Concerned Citizen, and understand your POV. Drug Companies have a lot to gain or lose depending on "admission" of mistakes and they will not easily give in. It does take 100's of millions of $ to develop a new drug, so I disagree with your "fast-track" comment - drugs take years to make.
pinoy

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

I can understand your pain, Concerned Citizen. But from the way you are giving comments, I could sense that you have more strife to GSK than to the real issue itself. I suggest you just focus on the safety issue and don't jump into conclusions and judgments of people and even to GSK because there's not a definitive, conclusive study yet on this. After all, yours might just be anecdotal. SO HOLD YOUR HORSES and keep an open mind. Because if I am going to tell you that I and my father have been and are still taking Avandia for 6 years now and there is no heart-related side effects that we experienced, how's that to tell? Just keep it down and wait for a more convincing study to come out.

Since: Jun 07

Melbourne Victoria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

I hear you Pinoy, however your father and yourself
may be tolerant to Avandia where others may not.
My concern is GSK knew of problems much earlier
than the issue became publicly known. I can
understand peoples concerns when the media publish
such items, because if it were up to major
companies and government agencies the consumers
would know even less. I took Avandia for 4.5 years,it near killed me in 2004. If the media coverage was public earlier I might have a reasonable life now.
The Spud
DanielStephen

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

I can recommend a reputable online pharmacy http://allbestpills.info
I figured it would be enough to give the pills a try and I was quite satisfied with the result. I hope this info will be of any help to the community.
I have been taking 4mg Avandia from this site once in morning for last 8 or 9 years without any problems. Weight is staying stable within 5 lbs /- for the last 8 or 9 years.

Since: Dec 12

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Actos users with side effects like Bladder cancer or heart attacks in their medical history please contact us for a free consultation

http://actoslawsuitsettlement2012.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••