FDA approves Par-Tris Pharma's generi...

FDA approves Par-Tris Pharma's generic Tussionex

There are 14 comments on the Drug Store News story from Oct 5, 2010, titled FDA approves Par-Tris Pharma's generic Tussionex. In it, Drug Store News reports that:

WOODCLIFF LAKE,A N.J. The Food and Drug Administration has approved a generic treatment for cough and upper respiratory symptoms resulting from colds and allergies made by Par Pharmaceutical Cos.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Drug Store News.

Karen Eckhart

Seattle, WA

#1 Nov 1, 2010
This is the first time I have had this generic Tussionex, why is the flavor is so odd ? It has an unusual odor as well. Are the ingredients the same as Tussionex ?
Thanks,
Karen Eckhart
kareneckhart@yahoo.com

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 11, 2010
Karen Eckhart wrote:
This is the first time I have had this generic Tussionex, why is the flavor is so odd ? It has an unusual odor as well. Are the ingredients the same as Tussionex ?
Thanks,
Karen Eckhart
kareneckhart@yahoo.com
I have been looking for someone who has tried the new generic Tussionex. I have an 8oz refill and I was going to give the generic a try. I was hopeing for a positive review. Anyone else?
lyla

Sparta, NJ

#3 Dec 2, 2010
acman wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been looking for someone who has tried the new generic Tussionex. I have an 8oz refill and I was going to give the generic a try. I was hopeing for a positive review. Anyone else?
I have tried it, I think that it definitely doesn't taste as good as Tussionex (that stuff is amazing) it may work a little bit longer to keep you from coughing than Tussionex. Personally I can get past the taste for the pure fact that its cheaper and works about the same. I would give it a try!:-)
paul

Concord, MA

#4 Dec 8, 2010
I use that medicine for resp. issues. I was excited that they came out with a less expensive version from a company that just got approval. It had a very nasty aftertaste. Like drinking water that had old cigarettes in it. But this time when I got it, same pharmacy but different manufacturer, it was very pleasant, just like the original.
Steve

Warrenville, IL

#5 Jan 22, 2011
Paul - What was the name of the manufacturer that had the pleasant tasting product?
paul

Princeton, MA

#6 Jan 23, 2011
Steve wrote:
Paul - What was the name of the manufacturer that had the pleasant tasting product?
Kremers manufactures it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7 Feb 6, 2011
I did a little research and was very pleased to see that this new generic Tussionex made by Kremers is IDENTICAL in every way to the brand.
Even down to all of the inactive ingredients.
Great news in my opinion.
hi guys

Savannah, GA

#8 Feb 6, 2011
acman wrote:
I did a little research and was very pleased to see that this new generic Tussionex made by Kremers is IDENTICAL in every way to the brand.
Even down to all of the inactive ingredients.
Great news in my opinion.
If anyone want tos to get rid of any please email me kittlholland@yahoo.com thansk xoxo
hi guys

Savannah, GA

#9 Feb 6, 2011
sorry correect

kittyholland@ yahoo.com
cck420

Crawfordsville, IN

#10 Mar 16, 2011
Ok just got the new generic version of tussionex and it tastes different and doesn't give me the buzz the original does. Anyone know why?
Anonymous

United States

#11 Mar 1, 2012
The buzz sucks dicks on the generic you need the real shit and pour it up in styrofoam and throw some jollys in dit and pineapple big red.
Tanmanx0

Windber, PA

#12 Dec 22, 2012
How. To get some tusks index without insurance?
Tanmanx0

Windber, PA

#13 Dec 22, 2012
How to get fussiness without insurance?
Tanmanx0

Windber, PA

#14 Dec 22, 2012
How can u get tussinix with˛ut insurance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biotech Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eli Lilly: Experimental Alzheimer's drug shows ... Jul 22 humanspirit 1
News FDA clears drug for leading form of cystic fibr... Jul 3 Chloe Mica 1
News Second Doctor Implicated In La Jolla Surgeon's ... (Apr '08) Jul 1 avoidthe biz 42
S.S.D. Chemical / Solution , CASTRO X OXIDE (Mar '12) Jun 30 Maria 14
News Vivus Drug Helps Men Get Erections in 30 Minute... (Nov '09) Jun 28 Empty 17
News A list of potential adverse reactions to the MM... Jun '15 MMR MAIMS KILLS 2
News CDC investigating error that caused live anthra... May '15 Jingler 1
More from around the web