Teva Announces Launch of Generic Zoloft

Teva Announces Launch of Generic Zoloft

There are 1482 comments on the Med Ad News story from Aug 14, 2006, titled Teva Announces Launch of Generic Zoloft. In it, Med Ad News reports that:

Aug. 14, 2006 - Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. announced today that it has begun the sale of its generic version of Pfizer's Zoloft Tablets, 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg in the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Med Ad News.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#1525 Apr 16, 2012
Sparky,

At this point, I could really care less who's playing mind games with whom. It doesn't bother me in the least to have someone negatively judging my posts. As long as they're leaving some other poor soul alone, it's fine.

I did notice that post from Just Another Teacher, and the thought had crossed my mind that she's not all she's cracked up to be. But the whole point of me being on that board is to help people that can really use positive advice and encouragement from someone who has been down the same road, and unfortunately traveling it again.

I don't know who the 68 year-old Army vet is, and I certainly know NOTHING about her former student. I don't even know where she's from!

I don't like to get involved in situations between other people. I try to be nice to everyone I meet and talk to on this forum, but when others try to include me in their "messes", I will be the first to say something, trust me.

I personally have nothing against you, or Doc for that matter, I just don't appreciate another adult trying to tell me what I should and should not do or say. Another thing is, i'm NOT trying to steal anyone's "spotlight". I'm trying to help people, that's all.

I have been dealing with my disorders for over 25 years, since I was 14 years old, and for her to try and TELL ME what I should ignore and what I should say to people is ridiculous. I probably know more than her about this whole array of disorders.

Anyway, i'm sorry you were "banned" from the forum, like I said I have nothing against you, and I am sorry for whatever it is that she did to you or anyone else. I am not that kind of person.

Good luck to you!

Fox
Irene

Long Beach, CA

#1528 Apr 17, 2012
May I ask what the previous 7 post exchange has to do with the topic at hand? Would it perhaps not be more appropriate to conduct such an exchange via email or private messaging? Thank you.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#1529 Apr 17, 2012
Irene wrote:
May I ask what the previous 7 post exchange has to do with the topic at hand? Would it perhaps not be more appropriate to conduct such an exchange via email or private messaging? Thank you.
There are issues arising on another board Irene, if you MUST know, and Sparky felt as thought we should keep this conversation away from those people.

And, the first of your "7" previous posts was me replying to someone who asked a legitimate question about the specific manufacturer of sertraline that I happen to take. So that DOES definately deal with the topic at hand.

I only replied one time, about my feelings on the whole situation going on. I'm sorry if this upset you, but I did feel a response was in order, and after all, it is a free country, with freedom of speech the last time I checked.

Did you have a question regarding the generic sertraline? I'd be glad to try and help you...
Susie

Fairfax, VA

#1530 May 16, 2012
I like others here was switched to generic without knowing it. I was getting all the old symptoms that I had before Zoloft. I started seeing my therapist again and after about six months she asked me if they had switched me. Yes they had! I went back to name brand Zoloft and feel great again. I normally would agree with those that say there is no difference, but ther IS a BIG difference. The generic is like a sugar pill.
Irene

Long Beach, CA

#1531 May 16, 2012
Fox7 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are issues arising on another board Irene, if you MUST know, and Sparky felt as thought we should keep this conversation away from those people.
And, the first of your "7" previous posts was me replying to someone who asked a legitimate question about the specific manufacturer of sertraline that I happen to take. So that DOES definately deal with the topic at hand.
I only replied one time, about my feelings on the whole situation going on. I'm sorry if this upset you, but I did feel a response was in order, and after all, it is a free country, with freedom of speech the last time I checked.
Did you have a question regarding the generic sertraline? I'd be glad to try and help you...
Fox,

Some of the posts must have been deleted. But there had been a multiple post exchange between you and whomever else that was entirely about an issues on some other forum. It seemed to have nothing to do with anyone else here and thus the content was rather befuddling. It didn't "upset" me...I just wanted to address it in hopes of discouraging the continuance of it because it detracted from the topic and was personal business that had nothing to do with anything here. And since it subsequently didn't continue, then all's well that ends well. My posts on this particular forum go back nearly 3-1/2 years, so I'm sort of invested in helping keep things pertinent here.
Irene

Long Beach, CA

#1532 May 16, 2012
For anyone that is interested, Pfizer has reinstated their Zoloft co-pay card that can save you up to $75.00 per refill at participating pharmacies. The card states, "Fill your ZOLOFT prescription for $4.00" I'd LOVE to know where THAT'S possible. Certainly not at Walmart. At least not in California. If anybody discovers a pharmacy where you can get it for that cheap with the card, please tell us where! You can register for the card here: http://www.zoloft.com/ In checking out retail pharmacy prices where I live in Northern California, Costco seems to have the lowest for Zoloft. Even with the card it's not cheap, but it certainly helps for a person who has had a bad experience with one or more generics and feels the need to "play it safe". Pfizer also has other programs for reduced cost and even free medications through one's doctor for those that qualify. http://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/pages/Fin...
Sparky

Middletown, CT

#1535 May 17, 2012
Irene wrote:
<quoted text>
My posts on this particular forum go back nearly 3-1/2 years, so I'm sort of invested in helping keep things pertinent here.

If your idea of keeping things pertinent is responding to someone after 29 days, then you're doing a poor job.

Generic Zoloft

Gomel, Belarus

#1536 May 17, 2012
Generic Zoloft (Sertraline) online >>> http://price-drugs.com/order-zoloft-online-en...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1537 May 17, 2012
Anyone have any experience going from generic to name brand Zoloft?

I have never been on the name brand before and I am starting it tomorrow. I have been on the generic (mostly camber) for 4 weeks and I am currently at 50 mgs.

I read through a lot of these posts and it seems that many of the people who experienced problems were those who started out on Zoloft and were switched to a generic.

I was wondering if anyone had started out on a generic and had bad results or minor improvement but found that switching to the name brand drastically improved things.
Alexa

Queen Creek, AZ

#1538 Jun 16, 2012
vesta wrote:
The generic drug contains the same active ingredients as its brand name. THe only difference is the inactive ingredients. This has been tested and proved by the FDA. Theres nothing wrong with sertraline it's all psycological.
if you have ever looked at a script before filling it it usually asks if "brand name medically necessary?" that should say there is some kind of difference...
Irene

United States

#1539 Jun 16, 2012
Kaervak wrote:
Anyone have any experience going from generic to name brand Zoloft?
I have never been on the name brand before and I am starting it tomorrow. I have been on the generic (mostly camber) for 4 weeks and I am currently at 50 mgs.
I read through a lot of these posts and it seems that many of the people who experienced problems were those who started out on Zoloft and were switched to a generic.
I was wondering if anyone had started out on a generic and had bad results or minor improvement but found that switching to the name brand drastically improved things.
Hello Kaervak.

I'm sorry no one replied to your post. I did not see it until now...must have overlooked notification. I am wondering why you would have been switched from generic to name brand. I can only guess it is because the generic wasn't working for you? I would think then that the doctor would try you on a different A/D altogether. I suppose by now you know whether you name brand was going to give you improved results or not, but my reply would have been that it's possible that you'd get a better response. Still, if you had not already had a significant response previously from one or the other, it would seem that you best bet might have been to try another A/D altogether.
KITTY

AOL

#1540 Jun 22, 2012
AT THE BEGINNING I TOOK THE REAL THING ZOLOFT AND IT WAS GREAT WORKED LIKE A CHARM BEFORE I TOOK ZOLOFT I HAD TERRIBLE PANIC ATTACKS AND DEPRESSION AND ANZITY TO THE MAX FELT LIKE I COULD'NT BREATH LIKE I COULD'NT GET ANY AIR EVEN IF I WENT OUTSIDE JUST A TERRIBLE FEELING THEN I TOOK ZOLOFT AND HELPED 100% DID THAT FOR MANY YEARS THEN WENT OVER TO GENERIC ZOLOFT MUCH CHEAPER AND IT WORKED AS WELL AS THE BRAND ZOLOFT NEVER HAD SIDE EFFECTS ON EITHER BRANDS JUST HELPED MY SICOLOGICAL PROBLEMS WHAT A RELIVE. JUNE 22 2012
Lauralei

Pullman, WA

#1541 Jun 26, 2012
I totally agree with everyone else's symptoms from the generic. I've tried it many times when my pharmacist keeps telling me there shouldn't be a difference. But every time I switch to generic, I get very irritable, can't sleep, feel and act worse than without any meds. Even suicidality creeps in (when I've never felt that way before) on only a tiny dose of 1/2 a 25 mg tab of generic! Do NOT switch to generic if you don't have to.

I know most of us switch due to cost, but if enough people complain to the docs, pharmacists, companies, etc., they might do something about it. Also, try tricks such as having your doc prescribe your usual dose and then cutting the pill in half. Sometimes a half dose of zoloft is way better than a full dose of generic. At least you are getting the real stuff, and then that cuts the cost in half per month. Your doc can also prescribe a higher dose of zoloft than you really might need, and then you can cut the pills in half (because pharmacists charge by the month regardless of the dose prescribed). Until the pharmacists and drug companies listen to us about the terrible effects of generic Zoloft, we have the right to do whatever we can to afford the real stuff.
ann

Waveland, MS

#1542 Jul 1, 2012
been on name brand zoloft for about 10 years. Did well on it, could wean myself off at times and wouldn't notice any effects if I missed a couple of doses. Been on generic for the last year due to cost and pharmacy. Not liking it, if I miss a dose I notice within 24 hours, dizziness, brain zaps and sooo tired. I can sleep 12 hours then take a 2 hour nap again in the afternoon. Once I had to go the entire weekend without it because my pharmacy was closed, felt like crap. Didn't feel like I should even be driving with the dizziness. Am going to discuss with my DR, don't know if she should increase generic dose or try something different.
lolo

Honiton, UK

#1543 Aug 8, 2012
this is really weird you've all said they've stopped manufacturing teva because i have been put on 50 mg of teva sertratine. they prescribed it on tuesday and I'm starting taking it on friday after a gig so I'm not as nervous
Donna

San Leandro, CA

#1544 Feb 7, 2013
I began taking Zoloft in 1997. When my employer changed insurance carriers I had to switch to the generic form. When the Zoloft patent expired it opened the doors to new generic manufacturers. Now pharmacies have the option to purchase from any manufacturer they choose (usually the one with the best price). Over the years I've had to endure changing manufacturers at least three times. Its not always possible to find a pharmacy that provides the brand you're used to taking. Regardless of what is claimed about generics being the same, I've had to deal with physical issues including heart flutters for over two weeks every time the pharmacy changes manufacturers. Better regulation is needed by the FDA to make pharmacies offer all generics and regarding fillers and dyes!! I never would have started taking Zoloft for anxiety if I knew then what I know now. Discontinuing it causes physical problems too. So disgusted because today's refill is a new generic by Camber Pharmacy. Can't even get info on Google about it.

Since: Feb 13

Hudson, FL

#1545 Feb 13, 2013
Anything manufactured by TEVA is BAD news. Stay away from it.
the truth will heal you

United States

#1547 Jul 29, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear you all need to take meds.

I only know about Zoloft since my son's pediatrician prescribed it and I feel awful having fallen into that trap.

Here is the deal. Monsanto and Pfizer work together. I a nutshell, you eat GMO infested food compliments of Monsanto and you get sick. Then Pfizer will rescue you.

No joke people, please wake up. As long as you are taking these enhancing drugs which inhibit your freewill you are at the mercy of the Cabal. That is what they want, you not to think and to be in control of you.

Do your research into mind control, the T.V. and pharmaceuticals.

Research Monsanto, they are the ones responsible for our poor little bees disappearing But not to worry, they are creating their own giant bee. No joke. They are putting dog liver into vaccines as well amongst other things.

Please Wake Up
Allen

Sanford, ME

#1549 Oct 3, 2013
I can not take any generic but greenstone I get in a rash but I do not on greenstone or zoloft why not on greenstone yet on teva I do
John

Tampa, FL

#1551 May 17, 2014
I have been taking Zoloft and Xanax since 2001 for anxiety and panic disorder. I was having panic attacks daily and some were so bad I went to the ER feeling as though I was having a heart attack. My life at that time was miserable, always wondering when the next attack would occur. My primary physician and I, after trying many combinations of pharmaceuticals found a great daily regimen using the Zoloft and the Xanax. Just last month my. CVS pharmacist explained to me they had switched to different generic form of Xanax and Zoloft. I had been taking Alprazolam a generic made by Greensone for years and had excellent results with no loss in the efficacy of the drug. This new manufacturer was Aurubindo out of India and they would be supplying my Zoloft And Xanax. The first week was a sign of worse things to come. I started feeling anxious right away and developed really bad headaches. After 4 weeks I was in a living hell, panic attacks 3 times a day, headaches, nausea, night sweats and a generalized confusion. Basically I was in withdrawl from a medication I had been taking for almost 15 yrs. I went to my pharmacist this morning and he was nice and recognized some other complaints about Aurobindo. Unfortunately being a Saturday he had to wait till Monday to get authorization from my doctor for a new script with instructions on how it is to be filled..I have 2 days of feeling horrible to go through before this gets resolved, I can't believe they can't substitute what I have left for something that actually works. Anyhow my aim in writing this was to warn others of AUROBINDO so they too do not have to go through this living hell because of substandard generic medications. Thanks and God Bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biotech Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cost of EpiPen: Senators' daughters call for ac... Aug 26 californio 6
News Mylan promotes Bresch to president (Jul '09) Aug 24 Benny 3
News Officials: Zika won't hurt South Florida touris... Aug 23 WeTheSheeple 28
News US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -... Aug 23 Rainbow Kid 3
News Jackson Laboratory to get nearly $12M for addic... Aug 14 s 1
News Florida governor criticizes Washington for lagg... Aug 8 Washington Sugs Now 2
News Johnson & Johnson to cut about 3,000 jobs (Jan '16) Aug 6 Dirk 2
More from around the web