Pepsi says Aquafina is tap water

Pepsi says Aquafina is tap water

There are 71 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 27, 2007, titled Pepsi says Aquafina is tap water. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Pepsi announced Friday that the labels of its Aquafina water bottles will be changed to say the product is tap water, according to Pepsi-Cola North America spokeswoman Michelle Naughton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Martin D

Denver, CO

#3 Jul 27, 2007
I'm drinking Aquafina Water right now! Can I get a refund??

Since: May 07

United States

#4 Jul 27, 2007
Surprised wrote:
Hmmmmm....more corporate lies. I'm shocked.
Me too. I need to lie down.
Ha ha

United States

#5 Jul 27, 2007
I can't believe the number or morons I know who swore up and down that they could "taste" tap water but bottled water had no taste.

I guess putting tap water in sealed plastic for 6 months or so takes the "taste" out of it.

I've found it cheaper through the years to buy a bottle and refill it with the water from the P.W.S. in my home.

LOL
Denver Doh

United States

#6 Jul 27, 2007
Just another reason why one should stick to beer. Refreshing.
Tom

Denver, CO

#7 Jul 27, 2007
And to think people actually pay for this stuff. What a scam.
Not Surprised

United States

#8 Jul 27, 2007
There is nothing wrong with public water. You are only paying for the bottle with bottled water. This is not Mexico, our water is well treated and even has things like fluoride added that benefits your teeth.

I've never understood why some people insist on bottled.
Jamie

Longmont, CO

#9 Jul 27, 2007
Ummm, all water comes from the same place, some water is just purified more than others.

“Taking Life One Beer at a Time”

Since: Jul 07

Littleton, CO

#10 Jul 27, 2007
Denver Doh wrote:
Just another reason why one should stick to beer. Refreshing.
No kidding. Beer seems to make me happier, nicer and better looking (all only temporarily of course). I think I'll go find a beer.
cking

Castle Rock, CO

#11 Jul 27, 2007
If you've ever tasted Aquafina, you *knew* this was true. Old news. Verrry old news.
Spring Water

Denver, CO

#12 Jul 27, 2007
Ha ha wrote:
I can't believe the number or morons I know who swore up and down that they could "taste" tap water but bottled water had no taste.
I guess putting tap water in sealed plastic for 6 months or so takes the "taste" out of it.
I've found it cheaper through the years to buy a bottle and refill it with the water from the P.W.S. in my home.
LOL
Well said. I, like you, knew the folly of bottled water for a long time. Your P.W.S. is much fresher than their P.W.S. It shows that consumers usually don't know what they are putting in their mouth and than are shocked when they find out. "What, those Big Macs I eat each day are making me fat?" :>)
Fraud

Denver, CO

#13 Jul 27, 2007
Bottled water is the biggest consumer scam ever. I smell class-action lawsuits brewing. But how to prove that you drank it? That is the question.
sweetvs83

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Jul 27, 2007
Not Surprised wrote:
There is nothing wrong with public water. You are only paying for the bottle with bottled water. This is not Mexico, our water is well treated and even has things like fluoride added that benefits your teeth.
I've never understood why some people insist on bottled.
Come to my place and I'll give you a drink of my tap, there's difference. Nothing a PUR Filter couldn't fix tho.
sweetvs83

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Jul 27, 2007
Scott80127 wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. Beer seems to make me happier, nicer and better looking (all only temporarily of course). I think I'll go find a beer.
Grab me one too well you're at it Please :D
MikeParker

Parker, CO

#16 Jul 27, 2007
Bottled water is great for taste and convenience. Have you ever been to a place where the tap water tastes and even smells bad to the point that it's undrinkable even if perfectly "safe"?

Gotta admit though, the should be sued just for claiming "bottled at the source" on the label.

I'll filter my own tap water, thank you.
Figures

Denver, CO

#17 Jul 27, 2007
So...I happen to have a bottle of Aquafina right here and on the label it doesn't say anything like reported in the article, however it does say: "All bottled waters are not the same. Aquafina's state-of-the-art HydRO-7 purification system consistently removes substances most other bottles waters leave in. So the only thing you taste in your water...is water. Aquafina. Pure Water. Perfect Taste. Every time." And only states "Bottled by Bottling Group, LLC Denver, CO 80216." It does not state anything about being from a PWS, and in fact it tells you to go to their website for information on their purification process.
So if they are pulling it directly out of the Municipal Supply, how in the world can they say that they purify it AT ALL?!?!?!? Argh!!!
Denver Doh

United States

#18 Jul 27, 2007
The worst water I ever had was in Florida and Texas. Ick!
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#19 Jul 27, 2007
I buy one of the litre bottles a month and then refill it and keep it in the fridge. I trade out an old bottle for a new monthly for bacteria and just the top of the bhottle gets a bad taste to it.

I never noticed a taste between the original Aquafina water and the water I refill it with that comes out of my home purifior.
WhataScam

Denver, CO

#20 Jul 27, 2007
What is our world coming to??? Theives, liars, cheaters....ALL just to steal you blind and line up their pocket books. Gotta be smarter than the average bear I say. Can't wait to tell my daughter that this bottled water is a Hoax, man I am tired of paying for her bottled water, that saves me $5.00 bucks a month....cool!!!! I like some of your comments, kinda nice here to chuckle and laugh at something.
MikeParker

Parker, CO

#21 Jul 27, 2007
Figures wrote:
So if they are pulling it directly out of the Municipal Supply, how in the world can they say that they purify it AT ALL?!?!?!? Argh!!!
Municipal water is not pure water.. it's just safe to drink. You can read that in the annual report your water company sends you. The bottled water companies filter out the sediments, chemicals, and minerals (ie, the things that add taste) and sell it for a heft profit.
Ha ha

United States

#22 Jul 27, 2007
Spring Water wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. I, like you, knew the folly of bottled water for a long time. Your P.W.S. is much fresher than their P.W.S. It shows that consumers usually don't know what they are putting in their mouth and than are shocked when they find out. "What, those Big Macs I eat each day are making me fat?" :>)
Woah, wait....the Big Macs are what???

Sorry, had to say it! Those things make me physically ill.

When I was about 11, a water survey was done in the town I lived in. They wanted to prove the town needed better filtration which would naturally be insanely expensive. They tested children between 5 and 15 in three categories 1. Drank tap water, 2. Drank bottled water and 3. National average. I was in the "Drank tap water" category (which I had since birth), a month after the tests I found out that my results had been omitted because it was obvious by the low level of contaminates in my system that I had "lied about drinking only tap water and drank bottled water"

I learned two things from this survey.
1. Tap water is better than bottled water
2. NEVER trust any survey's, the skew the results to what THEY want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverages Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jamie Oliver named most influential person in t... Sat Three Psyche 1
News Alzheimer's disease less likely to affect peopl... May 1 Three Days 1
News Gay groups seek to buy NYC church known for hat... Apr '16 just me 19
News PepsiCo CEO asks North Carolina gov to repeal n... Apr '16 Liberte 5
News Companies speak out against Georgia 'anti-LGBT'... Mar '16 Yakitori 3
News UnitedHealth raises quarterly dividend 30 percent (May '11) Mar '16 Ha Ha Ha Ha 6
News Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP) Position Red... Feb '16 drink 1
More from around the web