Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad ignites online debate

Feb 3, 2014 Full story: TheBostonChannel.com 914

Coca-Cola's Super Bowl commercial Sunday night was at first glance a moving tribute to America's diversity, featuring a full minute of ordinary people of different races and ethnicity doing ordinary American activities, as the classic song "America the Beautiful" plays throughout the ad.

Full Story
First Prev
of 46
Next Last
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#1 Feb 3, 2014
It don't matter I have already give up on the country anyhow. With a president like ours that is the least we have to worry about.
robin ross

Tacoma, WA

#2 Feb 3, 2014
I will no longer buy coca cola products. I don't want my money going to such political views. I encourage all that agree to follow suit. I have no problem with different cultures wanting to be American. That's what we r all about. But I do want to stay American!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3 Feb 3, 2014
robin ross wrote:
I will no longer buy coca cola products. I don't want my money going to such political views. I encourage all that agree to follow suit. I have no problem with different cultures wanting to be American. That's what we r all about. But I do want to stay American!
what is your fools' problem with people singing in other languages?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#4 Feb 3, 2014
Wow, I can count on one hand those rabid folks on topix who will rant, rile and rage about the Coke ad.

Don't buy the drink if a song beautifully sang offends you and you believe the song makes you become "un-American" .

Jingoism and insular ...

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Feb 3, 2014
I didn't see it, was it as bad as the Bob Dylan ad?
Sane One

Livingston, AL

#6 Feb 3, 2014
Great job Coke. Let the ignorant people's heads explode. For all of you that couldn't stand the Coke commercial, grab your gun and your bible and leave for a dictator country where you can force ONLY YOUR beliefs on everyone else and spread hate among others like you.

St. Croix valley

#7 Feb 3, 2014
how many of you bigots actually noticed the gay couple in it?

too busy foaming at the mouth over people singing in their language?

how many of you idiots sing oh, christmas tree in its original language?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#8 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
too busy foaming at the mouth over people singing in their language? how many of you idiots sing oh, christmas tree in its original language?
Why not have a gay couple in this song?

Your comment reminds me of this:

"Thomas Jefferson spoke 6 languages. Sarah Palin hasn't even seen a subtitled film."

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#9 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
too busy foaming at the mouth over people singing in their language?
how many of you idiots sing oh, christmas tree in its original language?
These are the same rabid bigots that would ridicule Jesus for speaking Aramaic, looking like a hippie and not having a job.

St. Croix valley

#10 Feb 3, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not have a gay couple in this song?
Your comment reminds me of this:
"Thomas Jefferson spoke 6 languages. Sarah Palin hasn't even seen a subtitled film."
nothing wrong with it at all...i'm just wondering how observant the bigots were...i'm pretty sure they were foaming at the mouth too much to even realize what they were seeing...

i noticed very little outrage that met life would use our national anthem , and only part of it against etiquette, for their advertising...

perhaps yo misunderstood what i was pointing out when i mentioned the gay couple...

St. Croix valley

#11 Feb 3, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>These are the same rabid bigots that would ridicule Jesus for speaking Aramaic, looking like a hippie and not having a job.
ummm...not a hippie a nice, clean cut, white (stress the white!!!!goddamn it!!!) jewish boy....

oy, should that he have been a doctor....

St. Croix valley

#12 Feb 3, 2014
punctuation is fun! sorry for the missing period...

and that's what Mary said too! badum shhhhhh....thanx, i'll be here all week!
spud

Bangor, PA

#13 Feb 3, 2014
Real Americans sing America the Beautiful in English. Diversity causes far more problems than benefits. Real Americans don't watch those stupid commercials. They spend that time taking a leak and getting another beer.
spud

Bangor, PA

#14 Feb 3, 2014
I wonder if Coca Cola has hunkies singing China the Beautiful in English in their commercials over there?
sandy1

New City, NY

#15 Feb 3, 2014
spud wrote:
Real Americans sing America the Beautiful in English. Diversity causes far more problems than benefits. Real Americans don't watch those stupid commercials. They spend that time taking a leak and getting another beer.
Well said!

St. Croix valley

#16 Feb 3, 2014
spud wrote:
why? have you never sang a song that was translated from it's original language?

how would you know what a real american does? you wouldn't even be able to pass a citizenship test!

St. Croix valley

#17 Feb 3, 2014
spud wrote:
I wonder if Coca Cola has hunkies singing China the Beautiful in English in their commercials over there?
there is a song called China the Beautiful?

you really are an idiot, aren't you?

St. Croix valley

#18 Feb 3, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
what a tool! what exactly is wrong with people singing in their own language?
sandy1

New City, NY

#19 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what a tool! what exactly is wrong with people singing in their own language?
This is America, if they want to sing in their language they can do it in their own country!
sandy1

New City, NY

#20 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what a tool! what exactly is wrong with people singing in their own language?
GFY! How dare you call me a tool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 46
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverages Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saudi billionaire Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal to... (Jul '07) Sep '14 hoianprivatecar 241
Local Duo Close to Buying Worcester 'Telegram &... (Nov '09) Sep '14 Jjohn Henry 3
We think: PETA's vision for SeaWorld won't float (Aug '08) Sep '14 Wowzers 41
She's the ex-Snapple Lady after a falling out (May '08) Aug '14 bonnie 92
10 Things Americans Have Suddenly Stopped Buying Aug '14 Here Is One 105
Nestl Pure Life Exotics Jul '14 sales 1
TSX to advance amid strong earnings news; BCE s... Jul '14 Zap 1

Beverages People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE