Sam Adams pulls out of Boston St. Patrick's parade

Mar 14, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHDH

The maker of Sam Adams beer announced Friday that it is withdrawing its sponsorship of Boston's St. Patrick's Day parade because organizers exclude gay groups.

Comments
1 - 20 of 163 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Mar 14, 2014
LOLOL! Gays win!
Sam Adams; The Official Beer of the Gay Master Race
Catchy; isn't it! ;o)
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2 Mar 14, 2014
That decision came after a bar said they would stop serving Sam Adams. That's the real reason.
BobInTampa

Tampa, FL

#3 Mar 14, 2014
THANK YOU SAM ADAMS! Bigoted organizations will continue to learn a painful lesson by being EXCLUSIONARY instead of INCLUSIVE!
david traversa

Argentina

#6 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
That decision came after a bar said they would stop serving Sam Adams. That's the real reason.
Lies and cheating are the only weapons left to bigots .. a sorry spectacle ..

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#7 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Seriously? One South End bar/restaurant (Club Cafe) won't server Sam Adams, so they drop their sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade? I'll be they sell more beer in South Boston on that one day than they do in a decade at Club Cafe.

But maybe that's the real issue. Maybe Sam Adams realized it wasn't really great for its image to be the official beer beer of the drunken free-for-all that South Boston is so famous for.

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#8 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
You really think Sam Adams beer would care if ONE bar said they would stop serving their beer? Please.

That bar's decision may have brought the issue onto Sam Adam's radar but that one bar didn't spur this decision.

But even if it did, Sam Adam's made a good decision and I applaud them...I will continue to PROUDLY drink their beers.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Mar 14, 2014
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>Lies and cheating are the only weapons left to bigots .. a sorry spectacle ..
You haven't seen a sorry spectacle until you've seen a gay pride parade. If people want to make a statement about homosexuality then they should do it in a gay pride parade.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#10 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't seen a sorry spectacle until you've seen a gay pride parade. If people want to make a statement about homosexuality then they should do it in a gay pride parade.
Are you kidding? We see it constantly from someone who claims to be straight but is so obsessed with homosexuality that he spends every day of his life in a gay forum. Now THAT is a sorry spectacle.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#12 Mar 14, 2014
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? We see it constantly from someone who claims to be straight but is so obsessed with homosexuality that he spends every day of his life in a gay forum. Now THAT is a sorry spectacle.
It's an interesting topic. One doesn't have to be obsessed with homosexuality to be curious about what they're up to now. They seem to poison everything they try to force their way into. Truth is that MassEquality had no gay veterans group to march. They lied according to what I've read. Gays are allowed to march as veterans, they are not allowed to make a gay statement or to turn the parade into something it was never meant to be.

This is a sorry spectacle
http://www.invisibleskymonster.com/images/sit...
It's totally disrespectful.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Truth is that MassEquality had no gay veterans group to march. They lied according to what I've read.
Yes, but you read only what you want.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blogs/bostons...
And you can't keep your eyes off it, can you? That's what's disgusting.

San Francisco

#14 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an interesting topic. One doesn't have to be obsessed with homosexuality to be curious about what they're up to now. They seem to poison everything they try to force their way into. Truth is that MassEquality had no gay veterans group to march. They lied according to what I've read. Gays are allowed to march as veterans, they are not allowed to make a gay statement or to turn the parade into something it was never meant to be.
It's true that "one doesn't have to be obsessed with homosexuality to be curious about what they're up to now," but such people occasionally read, sometimes comment, then move on. It's the truly obsessed who return to gay forums to read and comment on thread after thread, day after day, week after week, month after month...

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#15 Mar 14, 2014
Their Boston Lager is pretty good.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#16 Mar 14, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And you can't keep your eyes off it, can you? That's what's disgusting.
The whole thing is disrespectful, including the name of the website.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#17 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been to several pride parades then?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#18 Mar 14, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why couldn't they be produced by MassEquality?
Why did they refuse to march as veterans?
Why did they insist on setting the rules?
Why did they insist on identifying themselves as gays?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#19 Mar 14, 2014
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true that "one doesn't have to be obsessed with homosexuality to be curious about what they're up to now," but such people occasionally read, sometimes comment, then move on. It's the truly obsessed who return to gay forums to read and comment on thread after thread, day after day, week after week, month after month...
Occasionally read? Have you seen our local news, read our local newspapers?
We are inundated with gay BS on a daily basis. It would be great if you just minded your own business and left the rest of us to mind ours.
Conrad

Stamford, CT

#20 Mar 14, 2014
I'll never buy another Sam Adams. Not that I ever liked that crap anyway.

San Francisco

#21 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
We are inundated with gay BS on a daily basis. It would be great if you just minded your own business and left the rest of us to mind ours.
No one is forcing you to read those stories. We're all inundated with things we don't like on a daily basis. Every day there's garbage in the paper about republicans and christians, but I've found a revolutionary way to keep from being overwhelmed by it; I skip the articles that don't interest me. And the ones I do read don't compel me to go trolling on their websites.

None of us here go out looking for trolls like you. You come here. So practice what you preach: "It would be great if you just minded your own business and left the rest of us to mind ours."
Conrad

Stamford, CT

#23 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on!
Curteese never sleeps

Palm Springs, CA

#24 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't seen a spectacle until you've seen a Mardi Gras Parade. If people want to make a statement about heterosexuality then they should do it in a Mardi Gras parade.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverages Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She's the ex-Snapple Lady after a falling out (May '08) Aug 23 bonnie 92
10 Things Americans Have Suddenly Stopped Buying Aug 3 Here Is One 105
Nestl &copy; Pure Life Exotics Jul 31 sales 1
TSX to advance amid strong earnings news; BCE s... Jul '14 Zap 1
Stamford-Based AmeriCares Delivers Water To Nee... Jul '14 Charlie 1
Coke dropping 'Classic' tagline from logo (Jan '09) Jul '14 dawlt 7
New Civil Rights Museum Also Explores Human Rights Jul '14 Yankee 33
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••