Berkshire faces U.S. scrutiny on systemic risk - Bloomberg..

Posted in the Banking Forum

The Prudent Investor

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jan 24, 2014
Read this: Jan 22 (Reuters)- The U.S. risk council is looking to determine whether Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc could be systemically important, a tag that would subject it to stricter regulatory oversight, Bloomberg reported, citing two people familiar with the matter.

The U.S. Financial Stability Oversight Council's (FSOC) study of Berkshire may not mean the panel is inclined to designate the Omaha, Nebraska-based company, Bloomberg said.()

Berkshire was not immediately available to comment, while the U.S. Treasury declined to comment.

The council, led by Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, is evaluating which non-bank financial companies could threaten financial stability if they were to fail, Bloomberg reported.

The point: It takes a sound mind to manage wealth and prosperity...Warren Buffet is not one among them! In the same token, Bill Gates has nothing to prove! Playing stocks to show wealth is a dangerous game!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To spend time on line and To shop for your ever... 3 hr The Rich needs Brain 1
The Sky high London Stock Closing failed to hid... 4 hr The Filthy BBC 2
To look widely not just to believe those highly... 13 hr The Gay Cheever 5
It is Sad but True: The Rich needs Brain... 14 hr The Sins of Cheever 3
I will buy Chinese bonds NOW (Sep '13) 14 hr The Sins of Cheever 91
It is about time to construct a permanent Club ... 20 hr The Filthy Cheever 3
Japan has more Girls in college than you will ... 20 hr The Poor Cheever 6
More from around the web