Bank of England cuts mortgage support...

Bank of England cuts mortgage support to avoid housing bubble...

Posted in the Banking Forum

The Global Historian

Dunkirk, NY

#1 Nov 28, 2013
I am glad that Bank of England knows when to quit:
Bank of England cuts mortgage support to avoid housing bubble
Reuters
2 hours ago

Bank of England Governor Mark Carney listens during the bank's quarterly inflation report news conference at the Bank of England in London November 13, 2013. REUTERS/Toby Melville

LONDON (Reuters)- The Bank of England moved to head off the risk of a housing bubble in Britain on Thursday, making a surprise announcement that it would put the brakes on a scheme launched last year to help boost mortgage lending.

The central bank said the Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) would cease to offer banks incentives for mortgage lending and instead be refocused on helping small firms to borrow. The news caused shares in house-building firms to tumble.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 28, 2013
The Global Historian wrote:
I am glad that Bank of England knows when to quit:
Bank of England cuts mortgage support to avoid housing bubble
Reuters
2 hours ago
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney listens during the bank's quarterly inflation report news conference at the Bank of England in London November 13, 2013. REUTERS/Toby Melville
LONDON (Reuters)- The Bank of England moved to head off the risk of a housing bubble in Britain on Thursday, making a surprise announcement that it would put the brakes on a scheme launched last year to help boost mortgage lending.
The central bank said the Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) would cease to offer banks incentives for mortgage lending and instead be refocused on helping small firms to borrow. The news caused shares in house-building firms to tumble.
If you had any clue what is going on between: Central Bank of Venezuela, Bank of England and Goldman Sachs, your comments wouldn't read so dumb.
The Watchful Eye

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Nov 28, 2013
David Cheever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had any clue what is going on between: Central Bank of Venezuela, Bank of England and Goldman Sachs, your comments wouldn't read so dumb.
NO one pays attention to Bank of Venezuela and Goldman Sachs!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I doubt that Fugitive David Cheever Dared to Sh... 5 hr Fugitive Cheever 1
Let David Cheever Tell How the Secret Agents Wo... 7 hr Cheever The Sad End 1
David Cheever Acted Like A Stooge and Got No Jo... 9 hr Stooge Cheever 2
Univ. of Hawaii Foundation Can Not Pay Nicole W... 13 hr Cheever To Repent 3
The Right Path for Lori Davidson is To Plan Ahe... 13 hr Cheever To Repent 5
David Cheever Is Ruining His only Grand Daughte... 15 hr Cheever To Repent 2
Leave Those Wall Street Beggars Be for It Is Th... 20 hr Wall Street Beggars 1
More from around the web