Call it the memento, the 88 mm Silver...

Call it the memento, the 88 mm Silver Dollars are the crown jewels..

Posted in the Banking Forum

Han Ban Lee

Buffalo, NY

#1 May 9, 2013
For a number of years, the rare and most valuable 88 mm Silver Dollar Coins from the end of the Warring Era of Warlords (1916 and on) have been labeled as mementos and sold as such on line or thru antique shops in the world...

No body paid much attention to its historic significance and the high auction worth: The Truth is these rare and not-quite circulated Silver Dollar Coins had their origin as the Cultural Heritage and near the end of the Note Suspension in 1916 China!

It all started when Note Suspension was implemented in 1916 China...The once valuable Petchili Bonds that were supposed to be redeemed with Silver Bullions and or Silver Dollar Coins, suddenly became useless..The holders at the time could trade them in only for paper currency..

For a brief period of time, the local and regional banks minted the large 88 mm Silver Dollar Coins not from genuine Silver but rather the White Silver (and sometimes called German Silver)...The purpose was to skirt the law and also to calm down the anger and unrest of large holders of Petchili
Bonds..

These 88 mm Silver Dollar Coins were not widely circulated but officially sanctioned...Ninety some years later, the heirs in China especially and few who migrated to US sold them off as mementos at Garage Sales and or on-line..

I collected a lot of them to commemorate the Historic events in a time huge fortunes were changing hands..They are not replicas or even counterfeits..
They mark the end of A Era when the Bigger Silver Dollar (Coins) meant more monetary value...On the coin Description: It says Ten Liangs in Silver (in Chinese) and on other side, it spells out One Tael in Silver (in English)..

The discrepancy may mark the feudalism and corruption of the Warring Era of Warlords in 1910s China...But, A Treasure Trove to the Rare Coin Collectors.

I make the revelation at this time: For I am no longer collecting them and other rare coins at this time..Instead, I shall devote my time to inform the world as a Coin Historian!

Han Ban Lee

Han Ban Lee

Buffalo, NY

#2 May 10, 2013
I posted: Let me advance the auction price of Valuable Coins since late April, 2013 on this forum and e-Bay Coin Discussion Board/ Forum....From time to time, I introduced a number of Rare Coins with high and very high auction worth...

A short list: The Sanvple Silver Dollars with the matching 39 mm Silver Dollar Coins; The Matching Sets of 45 mm and 39 mm Silver Dollar Coins and the 88 mm Silver Dollar Coins plus few others to be announced in time later...

They are all the products of A Wonderful Era of Warring Warlords in 1880s-1910s China and some Silver Dollar Coins are the direct result of 1916 Note Suspension causing extreme feudalism and corruption!

I chose not to buy them for the next six months and longer...By 2014, I shall be back in the market for more
and it also gives other collectors the chance for Good Hunting!!

Please read on my postings on those Rare and Highly valuable Silver Dollars with An Auction Worth of at least $ 100,000 and "More and Much More", if you know how to describe them!

Best wishes,

Han Ban Lee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Moran Cheever Will Face The Dark Future A... 1 hr Cheever Lost SKR 1
Cheever Has to Pay Capital Gain Tax When Tradin... 2 hr Cheever The Mule 3
To All Coin Collectors: Not To Spend Your Hard ... 2 hr Cheever The Mule 5
For sale: 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar 2 hr That Muley Cheever 7
Citigroup Is The Loser Trying to Rob Investors'... 5 hr Citi The Loser 1
Cheever SKR from Sale of My Two 1794 Flowing Ha... 23 hr Cheever SKR 1
Nicole Sad Fate Can Only Be Reversed When Muley... Sun Nicole Sad Fate 3
More from around the web