Six foolish majors to avoid....

Six foolish majors to avoid....

Posted in the Banking Forum

The Conscious Mind

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jan 16, 2014
Read this: When choosing your major, make sure you pick one that will help, not hinder, your job search after graduation.

By Diana Bocco

Degree to Avoid #1: Information Systems - Why the higher unemployment rate for information systems? Many employers feel that a major in information systems places too little emphasis on programming, which is essential in today's world, says Kinkaid;

Degree to Avoid #2: Political Science and Government - One of the reasons for the high unemployment might be the fact that the degree is so narrow, limiting employment options, according to Michael Verro, criminal justice program director for Excelsior College's School of Liberal Arts;

Degree to Avoid #3: Economics - The Georgetown University "Hard Times" study reports that recent graduates of economics have an unemployment rate of 10.4 percent;

Degree to Avoid #4: Psychology - One reason graduates with a bachelor's degree in psychology are not doing well in the job market is that many jobs in the field require more than just an undergraduate degree, according to Kinkaid.

Degree to Avoid #5: Mass Media - Traditional media is disappearing, says Greenberg, and that has affected the usefulness of degrees like mass media;

Degree to Avoid #6: Biology - According to Greenberg, the problem with a biology degree is that it might just be too general to be useful.
The Conscious Mind

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jan 16, 2014
Let me add my own experience: One needs to find and to keep a job to survive!

To thrive in life takes much and much more than simply having a job!!!

Aim High and Look Far! For Life will pass you by while you blink!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 18, 2014
Being a professional food stamp receiver, like you, is not the way to go.
A Legal Expert

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jan 18, 2014
David Cheever wrote:
Being a professional food stamp receiver, like you, is not the way to go.
David Cheever of Oahu, Hawaii is a beggar...He begged Citibank for a low-down job to bribe Judge RJA...

The jail time is right for him!!!! Let us witness what is going to happen to him soon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Old man Cheever can dream till July 15, 201... 1 hr Old man Cheever 3
Sell 1913 Petchili bonds (Sep '12) 3 hr Hudsontoronto 263
David Cheever openly lied about Protection from... 3 hr Cheever The Liar 2
Who is lying about the $ 40 m Bank Fraud that t... 4 hr Cheever Default K... 1
Donald Trump said No Shipping Paper Allowed... ... 4 hr Cheever DMark 3
David Cheever, the Default King hit One Billion... 4 hr Cheever Default K... 3
The Sunny New Jersey turned Cold on David Cheev... Sun Cheever Sad Fate 1
More from around the web