York Springs bank robbed again

York Springs bank robbed again

There are 19 comments on the Evening Sun story from Feb 18, 2011, titled York Springs bank robbed again. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

State police were investigating a robbery at the York Springs branch of ACNB Bank Friday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Juan Ortiz

Hanover, PA

#1 Feb 18, 2011
I won't think there would be that much money there. Not American money anyway....
Amish boys

Hanover, PA

#2 Feb 18, 2011
They got the POS. Nice job PSP.
memyself

Gettysburg, PA

#4 Feb 19, 2011
I use to work for the ****hole place called ACNB. I could care less if every one of their banks were robbed twice a day!Sucky place to work. To be treated with any respect at that place - you have to have the right last name such as Hankey, Fair, Codori etc... The rest of the employees gets treated like and paid crap!!!!
phil

Shade Gap, PA

#5 Feb 19, 2011
everyone knows there's no law enforcement in york springs, which makes it an easy hit. Hey the mexicans come here for the same reason, they know there is no police dept and it makes it easier for them to live here illegally..but then again you can thank our fruit farmers for hiring them illegally as well...Tijuana york springs is the new name...
GET TO THE POINT

Hanover, PA

#6 Feb 19, 2011
Guy doesn't sound too smart. I hope the bank security cameras got some good clear pictures!
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Feb 19, 2011
Do Not, I repeat try to blame this on the Bonnie and Clyde Duo!
Concerned taxpayer

Grenloch, NJ

#10 Feb 19, 2011
can hunter wrote:
Sorry, they were Afri"CANS", not Mexi"CANS"!
Which means they were just like me and you...."Ameri"CANS ".
What

Hanover, PA

#11 Feb 19, 2011
Concerned taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Can hunter will not like this....
GET TO THE POINT

Hanover, PA

#12 Feb 20, 2011
Concerned taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
NO they weren't! Regardless of race, I don't try to rob banks!!
Betty

Aspers, PA

#13 Feb 20, 2011
Issue the tellers 44 magnum handguns. Woohoo !!
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Feb 20, 2011
Really now, come on! I read Pa news and you banks are getting robbed on an everyday level. What's the attraction? If I owed a bank and was robbed the first time, I most certainly would be putting security measures into place. Metal detectors as in airports. Of course, my favorite are the red laser beam guarding a historical art-piece in the movie "Entrapment". Sean Connery gets better with age, what a hunk!
Believe It

Hanover, PA

#15 Feb 20, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
Really now, come on! I read Pa news and you banks are getting robbed on an everyday level. What's the attraction? If I owed a bank and was robbed the first time, I most certainly would be putting security measures into place. Metal detectors as in airports. Of course, my favorite are the red laser beam guarding a historical art-piece in the movie "Entrapment". Sean Connery gets better with age, what a hunk!
What's the attraction? Are you kidding me? That's where the money is.

Tellers are trained to do what they do.
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Feb 20, 2011
Believe It wrote:
<quoted text>What's the attraction? Are you kidding me? That's where the money is.
Tellers are trained to do what they do.
yesiree, tellers are trained what to alright, but for ten buckaroos an hour, is it worth it? Psycho pananoid losers robbing banks everyday, the bank owners should have state-of-the art security measures in place. I was always the banker when we played the game Monopoly. But to do it in a live bank today, not on your Marvin Gardens Avenue.
momof2

Bryn Mawr, PA

#17 Feb 21, 2011
Did they catch the Bank Robbers?
Whacky Roads

Hanover, PA

#18 Feb 21, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> yesiree, tellers are trained what to alright, but for ten buckaroos an hour, is it worth it? Psycho pananoid losers robbing banks everyday, the bank owners should have state-of-the art security measures in place. I was always the banker when we played the game Monopoly. But to do it in a live bank today, not on your Marvin Gardens Avenue.
So you think there is no security?? You really make me laugh some days.
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Feb 21, 2011
Whacky Roads wrote:
<quoted text>So you think there is no security?? You really make me laugh some days.
OMG! I know there is some form of security measures. But don't ya think, a security guard would be a deterrent, at least a little. Am glad I make you laugh, means you are alive and well. Gotta split, somebody's gotta work for a living (scarcasm off). ROCK ON!!!
GET TO THE POINT

Hanover, PA

#20 Feb 21, 2011
Reporter Harmon has alot of misinformation in this news article. One fact being no ACNB employee left the building to retrieve a bag. Why would you follow the robber outside not knowing if there was an accomplice outside waiting or the robber would suddenly turn on you?
The Smart One

Carlisle, PA

#21 Feb 24, 2011
Hilarious!!!! Really, we don't need police here as that screwed up council will just blow it anyway and cost us money hand over fist, or, hire someone that will just end up shooting themselves in the foot. What we need is everyone to take up their right to bear arms and strap 'em to the hip. There would be no security like the assurance of 600 goofy people strapped with a hand cannon.
The Smart One

Carlisle, PA

#22 Feb 25, 2011
BTW - As if lacking a police force is the cause of this comedy, it isn't. Who has jurisdiction over Bank Robberies? The state police (Keystone Kops, hah!) and the FBI. The local yokels can only provide support (i.e., here Cletus, hold my coffee cup, hah!).
Another BTW - There is a old Yosemite Sam looking kook that I see every now and then wearing a coat and hat that says Code Enforcement. He's got a little gun on his hip. I suppose that his only interest is scaring the bejesus out of the little old ladies that can't shovel their own snow. Really, I don't even know if he actually works for this boro, but until I do, shoot first if he tries to come on my property with a gun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheever suffered mental illness along w/ Cohort... 1 hr Cheever The Sinner 1
Cheever joined Ted Cruz to drop out the GOP Pri... 6 hr The Dumb Cheever 1
Cheever's statements are recorded... 12 hr For Cheever to Le... 1
The Top Undercover Donor, David Cheever will be... 12 hr A Justday 3
David Cheever has Donald Trump already in his p... 12 hr A Justday 3
Warren Buffett is wrong. 12 hr Alacran Negro 1
I will only discuss with Cheever and on Bank Fr... 14 hr A Justday 1
More from around the web