Poverty vs. Democracy in America....

Poverty vs. Democracy in America....

Posted in the Banking Forum

The Progressive American

Dunkirk, NY

#1 Jan 6, 2014
Read this: 50 years after Lyndon Johnson launched the War on Poverty, tens of millions of second-class Americans are still legally or effectively disenfranchised.
Daniel Weeks Jan 6 2014, 8:00 AM ET...

Instead of copying his entire article that is often delirious...Democracy does not offer the chance for some to rise up from Poverty...

An excerpt: Mine is not an original exploration, nor is it a definitive account of poverty in the United States. Fifty years ago, Michael Harrington revolutionized the way Americans saw poverty in The Other America—at least for a generation. He did so by showing his audience that even in the post-war boom of the 1950s and ‘60s, poverty was real. The problem then, Harrington argued, was not so much that poor people were rejected or forgotten: "What is much worse, they are not seen." Harrington's nuanced portrayals of an American underclass in forgotten byways of rural Appalachia and isolated urban slums brought the "invisible" poor into the light of day. His writings are partly credited with launching the War on Poverty, announced by President Lyndon B. Johnson in his State of the Union Address 50 years ago this week...

My point: No one can save them but themselves! The urban slums are getting
worse each years since 50 years ago...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 6, 2014
The Progressive American wrote:
Read this: 50 years after Lyndon Johnson launched the War on Poverty, tens of millions of second-class Americans are still legally or effectively disenfranchised.
Daniel Weeks Jan 6 2014, 8:00 AM ET...
Instead of copying his entire article that is often delirious...Democracy does not offer the chance for some to rise up from Poverty...
An excerpt: Mine is not an original exploration, nor is it a definitive account of poverty in the United States. Fifty years ago, Michael Harrington revolutionized the way Americans saw poverty in The Other America—at least for a generation. He did so by showing his audience that even in the post-war boom of the 1950s and ‘60s, poverty was real. The problem then, Harrington argued, was not so much that poor people were rejected or forgotten: "What is much worse, they are not seen." Harrington's nuanced portrayals of an American underclass in forgotten byways of rural Appalachia and isolated urban slums brought the "invisible" poor into the light of day. His writings are partly credited with launching the War on Poverty, announced by President Lyndon B. Johnson in his State of the Union Address 50 years ago this week...
My point: No one can save them but themselves! The urban slums are getting
worse each years since 50 years ago...
​Thomas Lee / posting as many (A Justday / et al):

You should study "The world economy by David Cheever" and you will read that U.S. of America, ranks in the top 5 world economies of the world.

No matter how you try to put down our economy, the reality is: No matter how hard we try, our country will always have people that have less than others. Sadly, the problem is deep rooted and it lies on their psychological understanding of self support. There are people that do not care if their children do not have shoes or a roof over their heads. It is sad indeed. But, we can not help those who won't help themselves.
The Progressive American

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Jan 6, 2014
David Cheever wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8203;Thomas Lee / posting as many (A Justday / et al):
You should study "The world economy by David Cheever" and you will read that U.S. of America, ranks in the top 5 world economies of the world.
No matter how you try to put down our economy, the reality is: No matter how hard we try, our country will always have people that have less than others. Sadly, the problem is deep rooted and it lies on their psychological understanding of self support. There are people that do not care if their children do not have shoes or a roof over their heads. It is sad indeed. But, we can not help those who won't help themselves.
Who is talking about your economy??? It is about the genuine understanding of
the Poverty and Democracy!!!

To keep feeding the poor w/o a guiding principle will do little to help them.. Besides, no one should practicing this for unsound political reasons!!!

As to David Cheever, don't make me laugh at your dim wits!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comparing to David Cheever, DC Trump Is A Big L... 9 hr Trump Admits Defe... 1
David Cheever Lied To IRS In Order Not To Pay T... 11 hr Cheever Lied 1
IRS Should Look Into David Cheever's Account in... 14 hr Open Insult To IRS 1
US Is Filled With Beggars from Irish, Scots and... 15 hr Negro Cheever 3
US Is A Land Of Filth, Let Rapist Harvey Weinst... 15 hr Negro Cheever 3
Want to know how the world will change? Check t... 15 hr Negro Cheever 2
Let China Show You What Super Power Means in Th... 19 hr Prosperity in China 1
More from around the web