NEW 10B Fresh Cut BG for SALE

Posted in the Banking Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Broker Nonsense

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Nov 29, 2007
BG's do not have ISIN or CUSIP numbers. When Brokers claim that they have ISIN and CUSIP numbers for BG's, they are not BG's. Normally they are MTNS, Bonds, Hybrids etc..
Consult Net Services

Greenwood, IN

#5 Nov 30, 2007
Broker Nonsense wrote:
BG's do not have ISIN or CUSIP numbers. When Brokers claim that they have ISIN and CUSIP numbers for BG's, they are not BG's. Normally they are MTNS, Bonds, Hybrids etc..
Actually BGs do come with ISINs and Cusips and are found on Euroclear. I have a buyer and they buy BGs and SBLCs almost exclusively. They request a Euroclear title page as part of the DD package prior to issuing a swift for payment.
Broker Nonsense

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Dec 12, 2007
Consult Net Services wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually BGs do come with ISINs and Cusips and are found on Euroclear. I have a buyer and they buy BGs and SBLCs almost exclusively. They request a Euroclear title page as part of the DD package prior to issuing a swift for payment.
I suggest you check again. BG's have bank numbers, but not ISIN and CUSIP's. I guarantee you if you run those numbers via euroclear it is not a BG. I'm not saying that the instrument is not real, but it's not a BG.
SOMA

Delta, Canada

#10 Dec 13, 2007
Bank Guarantees may have CUSIP and ISIN, or may not. Either way a BG is nothing more than a post-dated check from the Beneficiary to the Buyer and in 99.999% of the cases the Instrument IS NOT GUARANTEED UNCONDITIONALLY PAYABLE BY THE ISSUER AT MATURITY. No Issuer is going to confirm unconditional payment. Offers of BG's are nothing more than scams; end of story. Buy them if you wish, but good luck in trying to cash them at maturity!
Consult Net Services

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 13, 2007
Broker Nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you check again. BG's have bank numbers, but not ISIN and CUSIP's. I guarantee you if you run those numbers via euroclear it is not a BG. I'm not saying that the instrument is not real, but it's not a BG.
As my post states it is my buyer who asserts they have been buying for years off Euroclear and 1 of the documents they request and require is a Euroclear title page. Whatever your position may be concerning thier assertions is your own opinion. I have no reason to doubt the buyer given that it is BGs and SBLCs that they purchase almost exclusively. Also, they did say the BGs are listed as bonds on Euroclear. However, they are able to discern what is backing the BG, if it is a real BG, if it is encummbered as well as who owns it and other necessary info from the information they request prior to purchasing.
Consult Net Services

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 13, 2007
SOMA wrote:
Bank Guarantees may have CUSIP and ISIN, or may not. Either way a BG is nothing more than a post-dated check from the Beneficiary to the Buyer and in 99.999% of the cases the Instrument IS NOT GUARANTEED UNCONDITIONALLY PAYABLE BY THE ISSUER AT MATURITY. No Issuer is going to confirm unconditional payment. Offers of BG's are nothing more than scams; end of story. Buy them if you wish, but good luck in trying to cash them at maturity!
This statement is completely irresponsible. The reason I say this is BGs have various structures and backing. A cash or gold backed BG is usually 100% redeemable "unconditionally". However, there are BGs backed by corporate notes (sometimes worthess), promissory notes (semi worthless)and other assets such as stock and bonds.

The bank's willingness to repay is based on the backing. Thier obligation to pay is based on the verbiage. If a BG is not properly structured then yes the bank can decide based on the verbiage of a BG to repay or not.
chetan

New Delhi, India

#13 Dec 15, 2007
Broker Nonsense wrote:

Please make us your offers
and/or
please ask for our offers send full details on our mail iec.finance at gmail dot com
for buying or for selling. we work both ways.
BG available

Montréal, Canada

#14 Dec 15, 2007
chetan wrote:
<quoted text>.
Please make us your offers
and/or
please ask for our offers send full details on our mail iec.finance at gmail dot com
for buying or for selling. we work both ways.
We curently have several BG,MTN&euro exchange
please email more info on you and youre group before we get anything started Thanks.
mat.brokers@gmail.com
SOMA

Delta, Canada

#15 Dec 17, 2007
Consult Net Services wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement is completely irresponsible. The reason I say this is BGs have various structures and backing. A cash or gold backed BG is usually 100% redeemable "unconditionally". However, there are BGs backed by corporate notes (sometimes worthess), promissory notes (semi worthless)and other assets such as stock and bonds.
The bank's willingness to repay is based on the backing. Thier obligation to pay is based on the verbiage. If a BG is not properly structured then yes the bank can decide based on the verbiage of a BG to repay or not.
To Clarify, here is the scam that most offers to "sell" Bank Guarantees are made under: 1. Buy my 100 mln BG for 80%, it's backed by the assets (whatever) in my account; 2. OK, here's 80 mln for the BG, Thanks and I can't wait to cash it in a year or so; 3. Not so fast because now I'm taking the assets out of my account; 4. Hey Issuer, What do you mean you aren't obligated to pay at maturity just because their are no assets in this Client's account!?!?. And therein is the scam; and as you'll find out you will NOT be able to confirm UNCONDITIONAL PAYMENT by the Issuer at maturity on any of these BG's that are being offered for sale, NOT ONE. Further the verbiage that we always see is misleading since the Issuer is under no obligation to pay at maturity UNLESS there is sufficient assets backing the Client's account, which is a highly unlikely event.
Michael Hunt

AOL

#16 Dec 17, 2007
Why do you amateur traders try to impress each other with non-sense, when the end result will be "nothing accomplished" ?

First of all, bank guarantees are not securities and therefore cannot nor will not receive an ISIN or CUSIP code. Those who claim the contrary, show a lack of knowledge and it's proof that you have been learning from the wrong "mentor". If you ever wondered why you have never made any money, trying to peddle things that are incorrectly presented or offered; now you know.

There is not enough space here, nor do I have the time to post an explanation of how things work. Perhaps I will post additional comments at a later time. Until then, please, dear "Internet Joker-Brokers" stay away from our business because the only thing you will accomplish will be to further confuse those who seek education.

Michael Hunt
Alp

Shanghai, China

#17 Dec 18, 2007
Michael, I am offered these kind of deals and have no idea how to reduce risks. I am not a broker nor in any other way a "professional". Where can I get genuine information on the validity and reliability of the proposed deals? Can banks give me information? Who is out there to separate the fake deals from the real ones?
Thank you.
Alp
Michael Hunt wrote:
Why do you amateur traders try to impress each other with non-sense, when the end result will be "nothing accomplished" ?
First of all, bank guarantees are not securities and therefore cannot nor will not receive an ISIN or CUSIP code. Those who claim the contrary, show a lack of knowledge and it's proof that you have been learning from the wrong "mentor". If you ever wondered why you have never made any money, trying to peddle things that are incorrectly presented or offered; now you know.
There is not enough space here, nor do I have the time to post an explanation of how things work. Perhaps I will post additional comments at a later time. Until then, please, dear "Internet Joker-Brokers" stay away from our business because the only thing you will accomplish will be to further confuse those who seek education.
Michael Hunt
SOMA

Delta, Canada

#18 Dec 18, 2007
Michael Hunt wrote:
Michael Hunt
Michael; We're a registered QIB and we only buy, hold and cash at maturity; we don't "peddle". Our USA traders in NYC are the institutional desks at RBC, UBS and DBA.B. Say what you like, but don't try to tell us anything about Bank Guarantees that are being offered sale. Here's my point > 99.999% of these offers are completely bogus.
ConsultNetServ

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 18, 2007
Well I don't appreciate the characterization either. I don't purport to be a trader "amature" or otherwise. I am an intermediary direct to both a seller and a buyer of MTNs, SBLCs and BGs. I also work direct to an investment bank out of Europe. It is via these relationships and my 6 years of experience in this business prompts me to post.

BGs and SBLCs are certainly different animals from MTNs. But as I stated I am direct to buyers for both. The buyer for BGs was asked about some of the assertions made by you and Michael and simply stated that they have purchased billions of dollars of BGs off "Euroclear", which as I stated is the only way they will buy. And they have only had 1 problem over the years and that was with an instrument from a bank in China.

In fact here was his statement: I have no idea what this broker is or whomever is talking about. We can perfect our position to claim payment at maturity without question. As we have purchase billons of dollars of BGs, I can tell you that the only problem we have ever had was with a Chinese bank with payment at the counters in China. We now will not take any instrument that is not payable in London or Europe. That is just broker babble from someone who has never closed any transaction in the purchase of BGs.
Michael Hunt

AOL

#20 Dec 18, 2007
Those who claim that a BG carries an ISIN & CUSIP codes, are fools.

Those who claim that a BG can be settled through Euroclear settlement procedures, is also a fool.

Those who wish to venture, check: www.euroclear.com and click on the right section under securities. Once there, click on "advance search" and enter your ISIN code and click on "Search".

Remember kids, I am talking about BGs and not about securities. Okay?
ConsultNetServ

Chicago, IL

#21 Dec 18, 2007
What you have stated here is moot in that I already pointed out in a previous post that often the BGs are listed as bonds but the point remains that the buyer stands by his assertions that his group buys and has bought BGs found on Euroclear for years.

His protocol which I also posted is that he is provided ISINs and Cusips before he does anything. For the record I have provided him with ISINs where he found the BG to be valid. If it were not for the failed price negotiations they would have taken it. Also, the investment bank with which I am direct had a desire to purchase BGs but after receiving several fraudulent offers decided not to jeapordize thier standing with thier bank officer.

What I continue to learn about this business is that no one knows everything about this business. I have so-called professionals tellinmg me that there is no such thing as cash backed, non-structured, non-callable, non-hybrid, AA rated or better Medium Term Notes with 7.5% fixed rate coupons, bought and sold at discounts based on volume.

And yet we sale such "non-existing" paper. I am also direct to a managed buy/sell where the buyer with a minimum of 100M can buy direct from the issuing bank. When we say direct we mean no blind swifts, no pinging of the account, no power of attorneys, no blocking of funds, no JV agreements, no joint accounts, no traders or trade groups and no gate-keepers.

This opportunity is with a top 10 WB. We have our own QIB who is also a client of the bank purchasing this "non-existing" paper from the investor at a pretty decent profit to the investor but the experts say it doesn't exist.
Michael Hunt

AOL

#22 Dec 19, 2007
ConsultNetServ, the fact that you keep insisting that "your buyer" has purchased BGs via DVP Euroclear settlement, is an indication that you are dealing with someone that does not know the difference between a BG and a Note/Hybrid/MTN/et al.

I have been in this profession for over 32 years and by now I can spot a fool.

And, as far as a buy-sell platform is concerned, I got my contacts too (and I have been paid -- and continue getting paid).
ConsultNetServ

Chicago, IL

#23 Dec 19, 2007
Michael,

I never said via DVP settlement. Go back and re-read his prefered settlement procedures. And I certainly think that after buying as many BGs as they have over the last 20+ years they know what it is they are buying. Also I have sent many a copy and pasted message or post of yours to him concerning this matter and the term "fool" was used in our conversations as well, interesting.
Joe Guarino

Rockville Centre, NY

#24 Dec 20, 2007
ConsultNetServ wrote:
What you have stated here is moot in that I already pointed out in a previous post that often the BGs are listed as bonds but the point remains that the buyer stands by his assertions that his group buys and has bought BGs found on Euroclear for years.
His protocol which I also posted is that he is provided ISINs and Cusips before he does anything. For the record I have provided him with ISINs where he found the BG to be valid. If it were not for the failed price negotiations they would have taken it. Also, the investment bank with which I am direct had a desire to purchase BGs but after receiving several fraudulent offers decided not to jeapordize thier standing with thier bank officer.
What I continue to learn about this business is that no one knows everything about this business. I have so-called professionals tellinmg me that there is no such thing as cash backed, non-structured, non-callable, non-hybrid, AA rated or better Medium Term Notes with 7.5% fixed rate coupons, bought and sold at discounts based on volume.
And yet we sale such "non-existing" paper. I am also direct to a managed buy/sell where the buyer with a minimum of 100M can buy direct from the issuing bank. When we say direct we mean no blind swifts, no pinging of the account, no power of attorneys, no blocking of funds, no JV agreements, no joint accounts, no traders or trade groups and no gate-keepers.
This opportunity is with a top 10 WB. We have our own QIB who is also a client of the bank purchasing this "non-existing" paper from the investor at a pretty decent profit to the investor but the experts say it doesn't exist.
My name is Joe Guarino.I am impressed with your knowledge and professionalism.I have 4 deals working now and I would appriciate any pointers.Please contact me at cruzin4lifellc@gmail.comThank You
Kevin

Las Vegas, NV

#25 Dec 21, 2007
Michael Hunt wrote:
ConsultNetServ, the fact that you keep insisting that "your buyer" has purchased BGs via DVP Euroclear settlement, is an indication that you are dealing with someone that does not know the difference between a BG and a Note/Hybrid/MTN/et al.
And, as far as a buy-sell platform is concerned, I got my contacts too (and I have been paid -- and continue getting paid).
Hi Michael, due to your experience in this profession for so many years... can you direct me to a legitimate source in which real people need loans against bank instruments. I am a direct representative to a Lending group based in the US and am having a hard time finding legitimate people to work with. My email is fastfunding88@gmail.com Thanks.
Kevin

Las Vegas, NV

#26 Dec 21, 2007
Michael Hunt wrote:
If you can get me some good leads we can work out some type of commission. Thanks again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
China Surpasses U.S. as World’s Largest Economy (Oct '14) Thu 27Hood 7
Looking for International Project Funding (Jan '10) Jul 1 Roy Propsner 62
75% of Americans are living paycheck to paychec... Jul 1 AnEnRo 5
News Greece awaits European Central Bank decision on... Jul 1 rdavidmatthews 1
News Greece awaits European Central Bank decision on... Jul 1 rdavidmatthews 1
News Stocks fall as Europe's debt crisis rages on (Nov '11) Jul 1 dariusrickard 4
I Have Money To Lend Against Assets Jun 27 alfr72 1
More from around the web