Hyundai agrees to settle overstated m...

Hyundai agrees to settle overstated mpg suits

There are 6 comments on the Akron News Reporter story from Mar 1, 2013, titled Hyundai agrees to settle overstated mpg suits. In it, Akron News Reporter reports that:

Hyundai Motor Co. has reached a deal to settle dozens of class-action lawsuits over the Korean automaker's overstating of miles per gallon claims.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron News Reporter.

danwat1234

Portland, OR

#1 May 9, 2013
Next will be the 2013 Fusion and c-max hybrids.
They do not get anywhere near their stated 47/47/47MPG rating.
More like 38.5MPG real world average. The EPA is looking into these discrepancies.
RelicsOnTheShelf

Bryn Mawr, PA

#2 Jun 11, 2013
I get the impression Hyundia an Kia undersized their engines which makes them work harder more often ie more gas.

Also they load these cars up so much fluff-mostly electronics possibly as a distraction to things like hp, torque or mpg. It's a car and not a moving entertainment center.
Bo Oliver

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Sep 2, 2013
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA and dealer L.A. HYUNDAI AT LAX (Inglewood California) was sued March 2013 for violation under the Ku Klux Klan Act: gross negligence, breach of contract, fraud, consumer fraud, specific performance, violation of Unruh Act, violation civil rights Act of 1964, Title II Public Accommodation, violation title VI, violation plaintiff's equal rights 42 USC 1981 and 1983, conspiracy to interfere with civil rights, breach of implied contract, breach of warranty, Violation Magnuson- Moss Warranty Act , violation 42 U.S.C.A. 1985(3), unjust enrichment, false and deceptive business practices, negligence, 42 USC § 2000a , interference with prospective economic advantage. USDC case CV13-2264 FMO (MRWx). In a separate action in Los Angeles courts, Hyundai and Kia are the subject of multiple court cases due to false mileage claims which may have a disparate impact on Black Americans. According to lawyers, there are over 500,000 class members in the Hyundai class action suit.

“11 second Viper Truck......”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 4, 2013
Bo Oliver wrote:
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA and dealer L.A. HYUNDAI AT LAX (Inglewood California) was sued March 2013 for violation under the Ku Klux Klan Act: gross negligence, breach of contract, fraud, consumer fraud, specific performance, violation of Unruh Act, violation civil rights Act of 1964, Title II Public Accommodation, violation title VI, violation plaintiff's equal rights 42 USC 1981 and 1983, conspiracy to interfere with civil rights, breach of implied contract, breach of warranty, Violation Magnuson- Moss Warranty Act , violation 42 U.S.C.A. 1985(3), unjust enrichment, false and deceptive business practices, negligence, 42 USC § 2000a , interference with prospective economic advantage. USDC case CV13-2264 FMO (MRWx). In a separate action in Los Angeles courts, Hyundai and Kia are the subject of multiple court cases due to false mileage claims which may have a disparate impact on Black Americans. According to lawyers, there are over 500,000 class members in the Hyundai class action suit.
Now thats Funny.
danwat1234

Portland, OR

#5 Sep 17, 2013
Does anybody know how much money Hyundai car buyers with the revised MPG numbers will get from the lawsuit? Has that information been revealed yet? My mother who bought a Hyundai is debating whether she should start getting money from the refillable mileage based debit card or to keep on holding off to see what the lawsuit could give her.
big

Canadian, OK

#6 May 13, 2014
Here is a comment i sent to Hyundai today...

I am so happy i decided to buy a Altima from Nissan instead of a Elantra from Hyundai, My daughter had to be towed twice this weekend driving a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, once 50 miles to Muskogee Oklahoma and the second time 40 Miles to Huntsville Texas, this car only has 13,000 miles on it and it is a piece of crap that she got took on for almost $30,000.00, And now she learns that she can't get the tire that blew out Adjusted by the dealership she has to buy another tire for full value and then take the blown out tire to Dealer to be adjusted....Now she has an extra tire and on top of that the $30,000.00 car she bought didn't come with a spare tire, a jack or a lug wrench it came with a can of "Fix-A-Flat", Hilarious, I really feel sorry that she got took from such a UN-Caring Car Company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Automakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should You Buy a New Harley Davidson (Nov '07) Tue BMurph 554
News Sturgis Rally-goers roll through Madison Aug 2 TwoWheelerFred 1
News Monaco Coach recalls several 2006-2008 MOTORHOMES (Aug '08) Jul 28 tldandys 18
News GM recalls 207,000 Buick Regal and Pontiac Gran... (Mar '08) Jul 28 Blackgangsta 184
News From hybrids to SUVs, unsold cars pile up in U.S. (Dec '08) Jul 27 cntrailtents 13
News Janesville again waits on GM negotiations Jul 27 cntrailtents 2
News Mitsubishi production hubs will be Japan, SE As... Jul 27 cntrailtents 1
More from around the web