Two Dana plants slated to close in On...

Two Dana plants slated to close in Ontario

There are 689 comments on the Truck News story from Dec 13, 2006, titled Two Dana plants slated to close in Ontario. In it, Truck News reports that:

Dana Corporation has announced four of eight facilities it plans to close during the next two years, including two Canadian facilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truck News.

First Prev
of 35
Next Last
Mooseville

Montague, Canada

#695 Jun 13, 2010
And your full of shit.and you who think we at Hays Dana St Kitts are Lazy maybe you never seen the Hays Forge on Oakdale Ave working there for 21 years was harder than going to Hell you froze in the winter lost 10LB a day in the summer.I can remember GM had a big lay off and 50 of them came for jobs there they called us crazy for working like we did and no one lasted a day and so go sit on your face my friend

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Magna Man

Burlington, Canada

#696 Jun 16, 2010
you worked so hard they closed the place..
did you ever flash your junk to the high school girls that would walk by on their way to merriton?
I know guys did all the time--even though they were busy working all day and not sitting on faces..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Steve Haggis Hicken

Canada

#697 Mar 19, 2011
That is the end of our era. Tim Lambert will no longer have an office at bunting street in St Catharines at the General Motors union hall local 199 at the end of March. Come April 1 Our union C.A.W. 676 is officially retired and becomes a memory to all who worked at Hayes Dana.Was a fantastic place to work with great people who were our friends for 7 days a week 8 to 12 hours a day for forty years.Through good times and bad times we worked long and hard and managed to have fun times along the way.We grew up with each other married and raised families made good livings and over the long years we be developed into one big family ourselves. We were close and became fast friends with a tight bond that is still there to this day as is evident in the retirees meetings.This will last for many years to come.We will remember forever the friends who we have lost and hold them dear to us. So Hats off and a cheer to all of us who worked at the Hayes Dana Forge, Drive Train and Frame Plants It was to say the least an experience and a pleasure.
Steve Hicken Big Press Inspection

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
rocky

Niagara Falls, Canada

#698 Apr 4, 2011
can I stay 4 over?
phirefox

Toronto, Canada

#699 Aug 8, 2011
Another one bites the dust,the drivetrain in Thorold has been levelled to its concrete pad.

Since: Feb 07

Franklin, WI

#700 Nov 11, 2011
It's official, Dana's Milwaukee plant is closing.
broke broken record

Niagara Falls, Canada

#701 Jul 18, 2014
where my moneys

I gots ta feed ma kids
broke broken record

Niagara-on-the-lake, Canada

#702 Dec 7, 2014
gots my moneys

i'm rich biatch
mountforestworke r

Mildmay, Canada

#703 Apr 26, 2016
Hard Worker wrote:
I didn't think Mount Forest was on the hit list to close, because it was a non union shop, but after yesterdays events It will be now on the hit list.
i work at the dana long plant in mount forest and it is going strong has lots of work way too much work really where they are always hiring new ppl

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 35
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Automakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DRS Technologies Wins $34 Million in New Contra... (Apr '08) 7 hr Here ya go 5
News He's ridden the same Honda Gold Wing for a mill... Sep 19 oldgoldrider 1
News GM chief, in China, warns against gasoline auto... Sep 15 Solarman 1
News Biker angered at huge repair bill after Harley ... (Sep '09) Aug 26 Sparkette002 66
News American Axle talks turn to Tonawanda plant clo... (May '08) Aug '17 Patricia 179
News Man dead after hitting deer with just-purchased... (May '13) Aug '17 really 15
News Fiat Chrysler Likely To Deepen And Extend Auton... Jun '17 Skntired 1
More from around the web