Two Dana plants slated to close in On...

Two Dana plants slated to close in Ontario

There are 689 comments on the Truck News story from Dec 13, 2006, titled Two Dana plants slated to close in Ontario. In it, Truck News reports that:

Dana Corporation has announced four of eight facilities it plans to close during the next two years, including two Canadian facilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truck News.

First Prev
of 35
Next Last
jobless

Cornwall, Canada

#1 Dec 16, 2006
If you know theres going to be 8 plants closed in 2007 why only tell 4 why not crush all 8 plants christmases its not like your still trying to figure it out Dana knew years ago about this.good god Burns we all know your your track record GET IT OVER WITH!!! you keep this up your going too be closeing all 66 plants J.A.
CAR BUYER

Casper, WY

#2 Jan 7, 2007
Thorold is done and the press,s are going to Dana E-Town to help buid the f-150 with Magna.Thorold along with St Marys will not be part of the plan.Rumor has it that Magna or Toyota bought the St Marys plant and the plant will close in may 07.
MAD

Hartland, WI

#3 Jan 8, 2007
jobless wrote:
If you know theres going to be 8 plants closed in 2007 why only tell 4 why not crush all 8 plants christmases its not like your still trying to figure it out Dana knew years ago about this.good god Burns we all know your your track record GET IT OVER WITH!!! you keep this up your going too be closeing all 66 plants J.A.
I'm with ya on this one, evrything sucks, they are taking everything from us it's not right while Burns get's filthy rich
BKAM

Ottawa, Canada

#4 Jan 15, 2007
Funny how all the auto makers want to sell all these high priced vehicles. All of these plant closures by the makers and suppliers will eventually come back too bite them. We are all losing our high paying jobs. Sure there are jobs around, mostly at Tim Hortons and Burger King, unfortunately I can't afford a new vehicle at these wages. As a permanently laid off Dana worker, I would personally like to thank Mike Burns and his Croney's for sewering a Company that has been in existence for 103 years. I hope you enjoy your lavish personal wage packages that you managed for yourselves, after screwing over all the workers that made Dana what it was before you ruined it.
nokissass

Milton, Canada

#5 Jan 27, 2007
me &mike together at burger king asking want fries with that?
fred sanford

AOL

#6 Feb 15, 2007
CAR BUYER wrote:
Thorold is done and the press,s are going to Dana E-Town to help buid the f-150 with Magna.Thorold along with St Marys will not be part of the plan.Rumor has it that Magna or Toyota bought the St Marys plant and the plant will close in may 07.
I work at dana st.marys and there is no for sale sign out front from the tard shift
MAD

United States

#7 Feb 16, 2007
fred sanford wrote:
<quoted text>I work at dana st.marys and there is no for sale sign out front from the tard shift
I don't think they would put a for sale sign out front it's all usually done behind closed doors so the employee won't know about it until they decide to announce it when the deal is done!
weldaholic

Arkona, Canada

#8 Feb 16, 2007
there is great concern in st marys we are feeling the pressure and we are all sure that we are on thin ice, but the game aint over till its over and i for one am not willing to give that little so and so the pleasure of watching me sweat over rumours and gossip, mike burns slide down the pole to hell will be faster with all the extra gold in his pockets long live st marys long live the union burns kiss my @#$$.
fred sanford

AOL

#9 Feb 16, 2007
weldaholic wrote:
there is great concern in st marys we are feeling the pressure and we are all sure that we are on thin ice, but the game aint over till its over and i for one am not willing to give that little so and so the pleasure of watching me sweat over rumours and gossip, mike burns slide down the pole to hell will be faster with all the extra gold in his pockets long live st marys long live the union burns kiss my @#$$.
ya we need johnny greives to run our plant again
FORD

Casper, WY

#10 Feb 16, 2007
weldaholic wrote:
......Romour has it St Marys will be winding down in a few weeks.With Thorold slowly shutting down and the parts comming from Cannon Windor and another supplier from Toronto(sorry i can not rember the name)this is just filling the voild to keep the line moving.The fact is E-Town with Magna will build the frame for the new 2008 Ford F150 truck.The bottom line Dana St Marys is closing because they have no product to build in the fall of 2008 and thats sad because its a good plant.But facts are facts no product no work.
blackstone

Saint Marys, Canada

#11 Feb 18, 2007
heard the people from blackstone from stratford had carried their seniority to dana & taking over things
FORD

Casper, WY

#12 Feb 18, 2007
blackstone wrote:
heard the people from blackstone from stratford had carried their seniority to dana & taking over things
..........Blackstone?Valeo or the other name linoel(sp)they the people carried no seniority over to Dana and they are not running a thing.Loyd Precup runs the show at Dana St Marys.

Since: Feb 07

United States

#13 Feb 19, 2007
I'd just like to say that we're all like sitting ducks!.We're even feeling some pressure here at the Milwaukee plant. They've cut benefits, vacation days, and we feel wages will be cut next. Hopefully we won't close, we're non-Union. It seems Burns is getting rid of Union facilities. But then again I don't know.
AGENT 47

Toledo, OH

#14 Feb 19, 2007
IT DOESN,T MEAN THAT THERE IS NO WORK COMING, IT,S STILL EARLY YET , MY AS WELL RIDE THE STORM OUT TIL THE END AND WAIT FOR THE THANKS FOR NOTHING CARE PACKAGE THAT WE WILL PROBALY END UP WITH
AGENT 47

Toledo, OH

#15 Feb 20, 2007
CAR BUYER wrote:
Dana St. Mary's has 2 new lines coming in '08! The Toyota Tacoma and the F-250 Lines are slated for installation from 01/08 to 07/08 and the tooling is already being designed from outside sources.
Sun

Toledo, OH

#16 Feb 21, 2007
AGENT 47 wrote:
<quoted text>Dana St. Mary's has 2 new lines coming in '08! The Toyota Tacoma and the F-250 Lines are slated for installation from 01/08 to 07/08 and the tooling is already being designed from outside sources.
Where did you get this information from?
Phil

AOL

#17 Feb 21, 2007
AGENT 47 wrote:
<quoted text>Dana St. Mary's has 2 new lines coming in '08! The Toyota Tacoma and the F-250 Lines are slated for installation from 01/08 to 07/08 and the tooling is already being designed from outside sources.
where did you here this bullshit.com magna has those lines.
Sun

Toledo, OH

#18 Feb 21, 2007
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>where did you here this bullshit.com magna has those lines.
Dana supplies the frames and driveshafts for the Toyota Tacoma pick-up, and Magna builds the F-250 frames
Phil

AOL

#19 Feb 21, 2007
Sun wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana supplies the frames and driveshafts for the Toyota Tacoma pick-up, and Magna builds the F-250 frames
so why would st.marys be getting these 2 lines if there being built eleswhere?
Sun

Toledo, OH

#20 Feb 21, 2007
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>so why would st.marys be getting these 2 lines if there being built eleswhere?
Thats the question you have to ask Agent47, I was just simply stating that Dana builds these frames

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 35
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Automakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should You Buy a New Harley Davidson (Nov '07) Wed Phillip123 552
News Monaco Coach recalls several 2006-2008 MOTORHOMES (Aug '08) Tue tldandys 18
News GM recalls 207,000 Buick Regal and Pontiac Gran... (Mar '08) Jul 28 Blackgangsta 184
News From hybrids to SUVs, unsold cars pile up in U.S. (Dec '08) Jul 27 cntrailtents 13
News Janesville again waits on GM negotiations Jul 27 cntrailtents 2
News Mitsubishi production hubs will be Japan, SE As... Jul 27 cntrailtents 1
News Magna International workers fear job cuts (Oct '06) Jul 27 Rumorhasit 343
More from around the web